PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying accents...and sexiest ones...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pauro 76
28/03/2004, 5:47 PM
Was travelling about last week, and struck me how amazingly awful the Scouse (scally version...) is. So heres my top 3 horrible accents and sexiest ones!
;)
Worst:
1) Scally scouse accent - jarring, screeching, like hearing a fork scratched on a plate....
2) Knacker Dooblin accent - need i say more...
3) Knacker Glasgow accent - even saying hello sounds abusive....

Sexiest:
1) Other parts of Scotland accent - mmmmmm.....
2) Donegal accent - beautiful....
3) French... cant imagine a knacker version of this one....

Declan_Michael
28/03/2004, 5:59 PM
I guess most 'knacker/scaller' accent from any city is bad. Brian Kerr's accent needs a bit of fine tuning for press conferences :p . Colin Farrell's accent in the Veronica Guerin film is comical :D

Éanna
28/03/2004, 6:03 PM
dublin and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaterford accents are the worst.
sexiest? Scottish a lá gail porter or derry* a lá nadine coyle

*: disclaimer derry accent not sexy when the only words you can make out are "hey" and "iron-bru" :)

Maz
28/03/2004, 6:07 PM
worst: dublin....posh and otherwise!!
mayo/ros/leitrim
spanish.....so loud

best: kerry/cork.........kerry more so ;)
northern....class

Ruairi
28/03/2004, 6:11 PM
The worst would be Eanna's. Sexiest? I really like the posh English accent, like angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider.

Gary
28/03/2004, 6:48 PM
I hate the australian accent, and not amd about many English accents. German, eeuuuuuucccccchhhhh. I fuucking despise all American accents, they are whiney and creepy.

French and Spanish are magic, and i agree w Eaaaaaaanar, Gail Porters Scots accent is great.

Oh, and my favourite (despite not liking English accents) is Sophie Ellis Bextor. So posh and................................

liam88
28/03/2004, 6:48 PM
Sexiest? I really like the posh English accent, like angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider.
I live in England a most people round this part speak like that-and find the Cork accent (as I do) incredibly sexy...

Aberdonian Stu
29/03/2004, 12:04 AM
Well have to say jury is out on non-knacker non-D4 dublin accents.

As for the Scots, I'll qualify that as any bird from the Eastern half of the central belt who is not a knacker has a very, very, very, sexy accent. Dundonian and Aberdonian birds are not the sexiest sounding at all.

Scandanavian, especially Norwegian, are very nice.

tiktok
29/03/2004, 8:11 AM
worst:

1. Liverpool
2. Spanish (gaggle of spanish women = world's ugliest sound)
3. Glasgow (and it's nothing to do with Celtic, for the record :p )

best:

1. Welsh
2. Australian
3. Texas (ladies only, specifially the waitress in Austin who actually said, "y'all come back now y'hear")

In the LOI:
worst...dooblin "tixt us da risult heffO"
best....derry

Paddy Ramone
29/03/2004, 8:45 AM
Worst
1. Mid-Atlantic dj accent
2. Australian
3. Posh D4 and working class Dublin accent, lower middle class Dublin accent is alright though.

Best
1. Outer Hebrides
2. Donegal
3. Edinburgh
4. French
5. English upper class
6. New Zealand
7. Scandinivian
8. Italian

brendy_éire
29/03/2004, 9:33 AM
Worst: Most English, especially the narky ones
Donegal (can't believe ye's like the culchies :confused: )
American, they just fry my head.

Best: Most from somewhere between Mayo and Clare
Fermanagh
Welsh

eoinh
29/03/2004, 10:10 AM
west country english - i am a cider drinker!

the 12 th man
29/03/2004, 10:24 AM
hard man from dublin"bleedin deadly buzz mon"."story"
this accent did not exist 5 years ago

lopez
29/03/2004, 11:42 AM
i agree w Eaaaaaaanar, Gail Porters Scots accent is great...
Yeah she made a radio ad here a couple of years ago about being down in the student union bar with some students and I kept thinking of her afterwards saying: 'Hello, it's Gail Porter here. I'm in the student union bar just getting my t*ts out for some lads.' :eek:

The worst accents are the Septic Tanks because they are, gee, sooooooo LOOOUUUDD!!!! :mad:

Beavis
29/03/2004, 3:36 PM
WORST
1.Cork accent-high pitched whining,cannot be taken seriously
2.D4 accent-very forced and unatural...its not snew its snow ffs!!
3.Australian-can't say why it's just cr*p

BEST
1.Dublin accent-perfect for being angry in...unrivalled for giving abuse
2.Geordie-amusing like
3.Soft Nordy accent around Cavan Fermanagh

pete
29/03/2004, 4:49 PM
Female Best:
Cockny accent can be good somethings.
Northern Irish (north of the country as opposed to 6 counties)

Female Worst:
Sharp Yankie variety

Footie_Fan
29/03/2004, 7:03 PM
Worst:
Knacker Dublin - hate it with a vengance
Welsh - yuck
American - most annoying one easily

Best:
Northern Irish - sexy
French

Paddy Ramone
30/03/2004, 8:13 AM
Another accent I like are the Jamaican and West Indian accents. Sound a bit like the Cork accent.

Pakistani and Indian accents are great too. Sound like the Welsh and Kerry accents for some reason.

Love the Cavan accent. But hate Dundalk/Drogheda/Louth/Navan and Meath. Navan man accent has to be one of the most horrible accents.

Macy
30/03/2004, 9:12 AM
Worst:
1. Cork/Kerry - you lot may sing, but I don't dig the tune
2. Brummie - you may want to be together, but don't fúckin talk to me
3. D4 - I mean totally, roysh
4. Scouse - Chewbacca from Star Wars

Best:
1. Donegal
2. Soft Northern
3. Soft Scottish
4. Aussie

John83
30/03/2004, 4:34 PM
Worst:
Scouse - Chewbacca from Star WarsYuuuuuuuuuuuurn...

Careful Mac, or you might be banned for offending Chewie fans. :p

Éanna
30/03/2004, 4:53 PM
just wanted to add to my list- under annoying: any american accent. they're all painful

corkharps
30/03/2004, 8:41 PM
Worst: Most English, especially the narky ones
Donegal (can't believe ye's like the culchies :confused: )
American, they just fry my head.

Best: Most from somewhere between Mayo and Clare
Fermanagh
Welsh

Hey Bendy,Am i right in saying that you live in Donegal? Fermanagh! :D

brendy_éire
30/03/2004, 10:24 PM
Hey Bendy,Am i right in saying that you live in Donegal? Fermanagh! :D

Only for a few more months. ;) I'm no redneck, I'm from Derry! :D

Aye, I like Fermanagh accents. Not sure why exactly, they're 'pleasant' or something.

Jim Smith
31/03/2004, 12:47 AM
Worst:
2. Brummie - you may want to be together, but don't fúckin talk to me

There was a survey carried out a couple of years back that showed that the Brummie accent was the worst possible Brittish accent to have. The minute they open their mouths most people assume that they are some sort of retarded criminals. I'd forgotten just how bad that whine of an accent is until I had to put up with one at work recently - you would think that with an accent like that he would keep his mouth shut :mad:

Dublin12
23/12/2004, 11:41 AM
Worst:
D4
nAVAN
Cork
Meath
mOnaghan
Meath
Scouse

Sexiest:
Italian
Japanese,oh yes, mr.d12 me love you long time tonight ;)

TheJamaicanP.M.
23/12/2004, 12:39 PM
Great to see this thread resurrected. Definitely the best accent is Dublin 4/South County Dublin. Very articulate and superior in tone to all other accents. So glad I have one.
I also have a thing for girls with Northern accents, especially Downbird, Nadine, M.C., and Miss Newry aka Orla.

dublinred
23/12/2004, 12:51 PM
Worst: Brummie
Best : Eastern Europe Chics

Dublin12
23/12/2004, 12:54 PM
That Russian bird out of Fair City has one sexy accent and she's a stunner aswell

sylvo
23/12/2004, 2:28 PM
[QUOTE=pete]Female Best:
Cockny accent can be good somethings.

Try working where I work, no way.

Mind you I can't talk much about that subject. ;)

Éanna
23/12/2004, 2:44 PM
Great to see this thread resurrected. Definitely the best accent is Dublin 4/South County Dublin. Very articulate and superior in tone to all other accents. So glad I have one.
superior in attitude only bud. its the most awful whinging rat of an accent imaginable.

TheJamaicanP.M.
23/12/2004, 5:30 PM
superior in attitude only bud. its the most awful whinging rat of an accent imaginable.

Jealousy, jelousy, jealousy. The most whinging accent ever is the Cork one.

JoeSemi
23/12/2004, 5:51 PM
Jealousy, jelousy, jealousy. The most whinging accent ever is the Cork one.

Never a truer word spoken P.M. Have the shower onto me in work everyday and I tell ye, it'd drive a lad to drink.Not only that but they're not far down the pecking order for tight @rses around the country too. Makes sense when there is so many fellas giving battered sausage :p

Pauro 76
23/12/2004, 5:59 PM
sexiest accents.... Going to add Saffa accents to the list! Oh and Eastern European ones too.

crap accents... adding Indian accents!

TheJamaicanP.M.
23/12/2004, 6:18 PM
I have to say that Im fond of the Welsh accent. Im sure Joesemi will back me up on this one, so much so that he's been in the Millenium Stadium on a number of occasions for big 6 nations games.

gustavo
23/12/2004, 6:29 PM
hate d4 accent with a passion also hate most ulster accents except monaghan cavan area .
ooo also new zealand accent makes my blood boil and whatever accent harvey norman ad guy has ( i presume south african?)

Éanna
23/12/2004, 7:51 PM
whatever accent harvey norman ad guy has ( i presume south african?)
errr, australian

Metrostars
23/12/2004, 11:56 PM
Worst:
Cockney
Dublin
Kerry
Confed US - Alabama, Louisana, Georgia etc

Favs:
Boston
Donegal
Some Scots

gustavo
24/12/2004, 2:14 AM
errr, australian

are u sure eanna some of the intonation doesnt sound australian

niamh
29/12/2004, 11:16 AM
I have to say that Im fond of the Welsh accent. .

Yup. Def. Gota love the Welsh accent. Also Northern Ireland and Scottish accents.

Worst: Limerick, Dublin, Donegal, arrogant English...

dcfcsteve
30/12/2004, 1:49 PM
Can't believe only one person has mentioned the Geordie accent. A soft Geordie accent spoken by a girl is one of the sexiest things you'll ever hear in your life. Same with a soft Manc accent - delightful.

I really like the Scouse accent - cracks me up. Yorkshire accents are great as well - anywhere from Leeds and above (i.e. not Sheffield). Both make people sound honest, decent, down-to-earth (if you can ignore the Harry Enfield stereotypes about Liverpudlians).

I don't understand the fixation with the Donegal accent. In one half of the County it's just a Derry accent (and increasingly more so, as we take over Inishowen :) ). In the other half they sound like they're all on a high-dosage of Morphene and struggling to even get their words out, they're that slow in talking. Think of Daniel O'Donnell's 'hammed-up' soft and slow accent and you'll be on the right tracks. You'd fall asleep just waiting for an answer from them....

drinkfeckarse
30/12/2004, 3:54 PM
Have to say I find the Geordie accent brutal. Definately my worst.

Best would be a softly spoken French accent or posh English one like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. :)

corkharps
30/12/2004, 4:26 PM
Yup. Def. Gota love the Welsh accent. Also Northern Ireland and Scottish accents.

Worst: Limerick, Dublin, Donegal, arrogant English...

Donegal is the most Northern part of Ireland? :confused:

dcfcsteve
30/12/2004, 4:32 PM
Donegal is the most Northern part of Ireland? :confused:

C'mon CH - you know the answer to this one yourself :) . 'Northern Ireland' written with a capital 'N' refers to the (I'm resisting the urge to say country !) part of our country that is in the UK. If you're talking about northern Ireland with a small 'n' , it's merely a geographical reference.

dcfcsteve
30/12/2004, 5:00 PM
Have to say I find the Geordie accent brutal. Definately my worst.

Best would be a softly spoken French accent or posh English one like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. :)

DFA - unless you've been to Newcastle or know a few people from up there, you'll only ever have heard bad/comedy Geordie accents on TV etc. Trust me - a soft Geordie accent on a girl is yer only man... (if you'll excuse the contradictory turn of phrase). :)

A well-spoken English accent is nice as well (even though Angelina Jolie's a yank), but the plumby posh one is dreeeeeadful. Euchhh....

I'd go for either soft Scottish (Edinburgh/lower East-coast) or French as the sexiest accents. As well as the Derry one of course.... :D Yep, yep !

De Town
30/12/2004, 5:05 PM
Funniest accent: Bristol..........uuuuuuu arrrrrrr

Sexiest: Scottish

Most Annoying: Any sort of English accent

Pat O' Banton
30/12/2004, 5:22 PM
Most Annoying: Any sort of English accent

Oi, leave it awrt you shlaaaag. Wots your problem wif da way I speak. I mean faaarkin 'ell I'm garna ave da lot ov yous if there anymore ov fis carry on. :eek: ;)

De Town
30/12/2004, 6:01 PM
Oi, leave it awrt you shlaaaag. Wots your problem wif da way I speak. I mean faaarkin 'ell I'm garna ave da lot ov yous if there anymore ov fis carry on. :eek: ;)

Thats why I hate it :D awwwwrite

drinkfeckarse
31/12/2004, 8:04 AM
DFA - unless you've been to Newcastle or know a few people from up there, you'll only ever have heard bad/comedy Geordie accents on TV etc. Trust me - a soft Geordie accent on a girl is yer only man... (if you'll excuse the contradictory turn of phrase). :)

You maybe right, a fella I used to work with was from a place from Bellingham which is just outside Newcastle. I think the fact that he was a gobsh!te probably put me off it because I don't think I've heard a girl with the accent yet, might be different if I heard that I suppose.

Cosmo
31/12/2004, 9:44 AM
Worst has to be the Dundalk accent - no question about it

Neish
31/12/2004, 11:05 AM
Worst: Naker Dublin ala Robbie Keane
Derry (espically the woman, their not bad lookers but ever hear a bunch of them out on a hen night)

Best: Cork (can't make out what their saying half the time but it just funny)
Cockney ala Dell boy