PDA

View Full Version : Dcfc 0 Ltfc 1

Maynard
28/03/2004, 5:38 PM
Not a great game. Both sides were a bit below par.
City were unlucky to go in a goal behind at the break, after more than holding their own in the opening 45.
Was disappointed with our second half performance, had we upped it a gear I think we could have gotten at least a point, but instead we let Longford come more into the match.

Gary' O'Neill and Killian Brennan showed enough promise in the first half to suggest that they will be our biggest threats this year.

The only way is up... :rolleyes:

Ringo
29/03/2004, 7:00 AM
A bit like last year, looks as if we'll have to wait for sweat to come back for a win.

LFC in Exile
29/03/2004, 1:06 PM
What was the attendance like? Not being smart, just interested. Was there any kind of atmosphere there at all? Must have been weird rattling around Tolka. As I said, I'm not being smart (I'm a Limerick fan - I have no basis for being smart :) )

Ringo
29/03/2004, 1:21 PM
About 450, all in one stand. Not a bad atmosphere. Saturday nights a bad night fo a game.

Maynard
29/03/2004, 8:48 PM
Ye, to be honest the move from Thursday night didn't help much.
Personally I had a group of friends who wanted to go on Thursday but couldn't make Saturday.
Atmosphere was ok, but would have been better if Ringo had brought along Big Bertie (the only Bertie I enjoy seeing at sports grounds) ;)
Can't see us making too many new friends as we're now charging the same prices as Shels in their ground...them being champions and us being nobodies as far as most other people are concerned.
I understand the financial benefits of doing so, but I just think our crowds won't grow as quickly because of it.

Mind you, if we start picking up a few points you never know.