PDA

View Full Version : Longford Thread:

Gary
28/03/2004, 11:23 AM
1: Who is going, be it by CCISA bus, or over nighting it?

I know there will be alot of both. We are staying over at The Anvil, which is booked to overflow at this point, and if the last few trips are anything to go by, a few other BBs will be fairly booked solid as well.
Then there is the bus, which hopefully will be full. That should make at least 50-60 there, plus Im hoping there will be a good few people making the trip on spec, making a good away figure. What time is the bus leaving at? The usual spots before the game is either The Anvil Bar or Valentines for City fans anyway.

2. What should the team be? After the last 2 performances, there shoudl be no place for sentiment. We have been very poor overall so far, so a shake-up is needed. Heres my first 11 next week for what its worth

Devine
Colin....Dan Murray....Benno....Hoggy
Doyle...George...Sweeney...Kearney
Flynn....Fenn

While Murphy has been good, he shouldnt walk straight into the team, and by all accounts Colin did great at right back last fri (like he does in every position he plays in!). Hog to left back, and let Sweeny be the midfield enforcer we are so desperatley lacking.

patsh
28/03/2004, 1:51 PM
Devine
Colin....Dan Murray....Benno....Hoggy
Doyle...George...Sweeney...Kearney
Flynn....Fenn

I'd prefer
Devine
Hoggy....Dan Murray....Benno....Murphy
Doyle...Colin...George...Billy
Flynn....Fenn

but to be honest, I don't see Dolan dropping K. Murray.
I'd put Billy in there because Longford are very physical, and Kearney could get hammered by some of their mullockers.

niamh
28/03/2004, 2:21 PM
Saw Danny Murphy play for the first time at Richmond and thought he had a great game in the second half. Really got stuck in.
As for Longford, we need someone solid in midfield. At times there was no one there blocking any Rovers attack last Friday.

Pablo
28/03/2004, 3:34 PM
i thought willie byrne( isnt that an std?) had a solid game friday night at centre half. he'll start i'd say. we need something from this fixture i think.

Some Flynnesque celebrations in Blazers after are on the cards if we win up there again!

Éanna
28/03/2004, 5:40 PM
as long as he drops kevin murray he can play anyone, himself included

Slurms McKenzie
28/03/2004, 7:20 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooo

Its that time again, Longford, slip me some skin dudes.

Woooooooooooooooooooooo

Longford is a place where Slurms likes to let it hang loose

woooooooooooooooooooooo

High fives all round dudes

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Slurms McKenzie knows how to party, and brings the party to the masses. Longford has experienced the wonder of 'Slurm', with Slurms and his many fellow party people before, and i hear, is still recovering.

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Dance off

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Bring it on

You can learn just some of Slurms many moves on Slurms dance move extravaganza (http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index2.html)

Wooooooooooooooooooo

adamcarr
28/03/2004, 8:23 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooo

Its that time again, Longford, slip me some skin dudes.

Woooooooooooooooooooooo

Longford is a place where Slurms likes to let it hang loose

woooooooooooooooooooooo

High fives all round dudes

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Slurms McKenzie knows how to party, and brings the party to the masses. Longford has experienced the wonder of 'Slurm', with Slurms and his many fellow party people before, and i hear, is still recovering.

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Dance off

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Bring it on

You can learn just some of Slurms many moves on Slurms dance move extravaganza (http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index2.html)

Wooooooooooooooooooo

What?????????????????? ;)

tiktok
29/03/2004, 7:55 AM
I'd Play.....

Devine
Hoggy....DMurray....Byrne....Murphy
Doyle....George...Sweeney....Billy(for the reasons patsh gave)
Flynn....Fenn

but KMurray will start.

Gary
30/03/2004, 5:46 PM
Lads, please, those who are texting me asking about accomodation, please stop.

We have no more space in The Anvil, no exceptions.

There are plenty more BBs about the place, or for those who can splah the cash, the Arms is quite a nice ol spot!

ccfcman
30/03/2004, 5:52 PM
There are plenty more BBs about the place, or for those who can splah the cash, the Arms is quite a nice ol spot!
they do an unreal prematch munch too
:ball: :eek: :ball:

A face
30/03/2004, 5:56 PM
Gary .... is there any place to kip up in de'town ??

Éanna
30/03/2004, 5:57 PM
Gary .... is there any place to kip up in de'town ??
Yeah, they use beds in longford too

Macy
31/03/2004, 9:12 AM
They should know it on a Longford board.
Erm.... Can't think of one out the Drumlish road, unless you mean McDonalds car park...

Ruairi
31/03/2004, 10:08 AM
pure longford buzz like

max power
31/03/2004, 10:56 AM
i believe there might be a five a side at noonn at sat ???

Ruairi
31/03/2004, 10:58 AM
i believe there might be a five a side at noonn at sat ???
yeah? excellent. i'll have to bring the boots so. And a spare bag, cause the longford lads will need it to carry their ankles home....

max power
31/03/2004, 11:01 AM
eh Max P will be in attendance so the tide of the cork win is about to change..... ;)

Macy
31/03/2004, 12:39 PM
That's it, no, not the macDonald's car park but about a minutes walk beyond it on the Drumlish road on the left (as you leave the town), only open a couple of years apparently...
Never noticed it, but then generally wouldn't be looking for a B&B in Longford...

Gary
31/03/2004, 12:54 PM
Im sure we could get a 5 a side going provided that
a: We arent using a plastic football
b: There is a proper pitch booked.

Last time, there was a plastic ball, and the pitch we were due to use, was being used by some female football team.

Plus, i reckon we make it worth our while. €5 a man???

Colm
31/03/2004, 9:13 PM
Longford here we come.... is Blazers ready for the invasion of drunken City fans? Flynny celebrations on the dance floor will be the order of the night!
I've even got a new hairstyle especially for the trip!! (I await the ridicule!) :)
As for a five a side game? Why not, we'll hammer them but it will do our confidence the world of good to get 10 goals each!

As for the main event.... we need to bounce back after the Rovers game and I think we could do so with the following line up:
Devine
Hoggy Dan Benno Murphy
Doyler Fenn Colin Kearney
Georgie Flynny

Éanna
01/04/2004, 2:06 PM
I've even got a new hairstyle especially for the trip!! (I await the ridicule!) :)
couldn' be any worse than the one you've been sporting recently- or is that what you're tlaking about :D :D :p

Ruairi
01/04/2004, 3:15 PM
I also have a new hairstlye, which will be ten times more ridiculous than anything Colm will have.

Colm
01/04/2004, 6:03 PM
I also have a new hairstlye, which will be ten times more ridiculous than anything Colm will have.

Oh we'll see about that.... we will see about that my friend!!

Slurms McKenzie
01/04/2004, 6:31 PM
Does Slurms hear the words - DANCE OFF?!?

You better have those shoes shained Mister!

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

joe
01/04/2004, 7:34 PM
think i'd try

devine
hoggy benno murray murphy
georgie colin sweeney doyle
fenn o'flynn

Neil
01/04/2004, 7:39 PM
Devine
Hoggy Benno Murray Murphy
Colin Sweeney Woods
Georgie Fenn O'Flynn

Bring on Doyle and Kearney for Colin and Woods after 60

patsh
01/04/2004, 7:45 PM
I quite like Neil's 4 3 3 selection.
Attack, Attack, Attack is the only way to go !

Will Dolan bite the bullet though and drop K. Murray?

BTW, Is there any danger this game will be called off?
lot of rain today, and much more expected before Saturday night.
Is this another Bohs situation?

Colm
01/04/2004, 8:00 PM
BTW, Is there any danger this game will be called off?
lot of rain today, and much more expected before Saturday night.
Is this another Bohs situation?

That crossed my mind aswell earlier on.
If the rain is as heavy up in Longford as it was here at times today, there's a distinct possiblility that the dodgy pitch in Flancare could be unplayable.
Hopefully it'll be alright though because I'm looking forward the weekend and we've had too many games in Longford called off in the past.

Gary
01/04/2004, 8:12 PM
Will the curse of the Flancare weather foil yet another trip for the rebel army? Wouldnt bloody well surprise me :(

3 Day Outlook:
The weather will be unsettled over the weekend and through Monday. Overall rather windy conditions with fresh occasionally strong South or Southwest winds and Temperatures will be around normal or slightly below with afternoon values of 10 to 13 degrees on Saturday and slighter cooler on Sunday and Monday. A band of persistent rain will cross the area during Saturday but there will be drier, brighter weather ahead of it and also following it. Sunday and Monday will be a bright but showery days with some prolonged showers in places.

Is the bus full by the way?? hopefully.