PDA

View Full Version : Bray v Sligo

Roo69
08/04/2010, 9:54 AM
This is going to be a very tough match i reckon. Sligo won't be far off the level that Fingal played at so we will really need to play at our best But after Monday night’s performance we have reason to be hopeful I think.

From BrayWanderers.ie

Midfielder Chris Shields will miss the visit of Sligo Rvs. to the Carlisle Grounds on Friday night as he serves a one match ban which is a carryover from last season.Also mssing will be David Tyrrell who is carrying an ankle injury. Otherwise Eddie Gormley has a full squad to pick from.

Speaking during the week Gormley said he was very disappointed his side didn't take all three points on Monday night in Drogheda. Gormley said "A couple of refereeing decisions went against us,I have looked at them again on D.V.D. and could find nothing wrong with either goal that was disallowed. Richie Baker certaintly wasn't offside when he scored and Colm Tresson never touched their player when he scored,so I'm disappointd in that regard".Gormley added "We will need to be at our best to get something from Friday nights game against Sligo".

******* Colm Tresson played his 350th. League game for Bray last Monday night in Drogheda.

*******Bray have lost just once to Sligo Rvs at home in the last eleven meetings between the sides in all competitions.

****** In the four meetings in the League last season Sligo won two, Bray one and there was one draw.

***** In April at the Showgrounds the home side won 2-1 the Bray goal was scored by Paul Byrne,at the Carlisle Grounds in June Bray ran out winners on a 3-1 scoreline with goals from Daire Doyle,Graham Coughlan and Gary Mc.Cabe,in August at the Carlisle it ended 2-2 the Bray goals came from Dane Masssey and a Garry Mc Cabe penalty,at the Showgrounds in Oct. the home side were victorious on a 1-0 scoreline.

Bray-Z
08/04/2010, 4:57 PM
Brennan in for Shields and Mulroy in for Tyrrell would be the changes I'd go for from the Drogs match.
Mulroy was very bright when he came on. The Brennan change needs no explanation really.

SupaJon
09/04/2010, 10:32 AM
Well....after my initial posts inspired by the first game of the season, my family caught that flippin vomitting bug, so I missed the Fingal game.

So, finally going to make my second game tonight!

naoise kennedy
09/04/2010, 9:26 PM
What a disgracful display of ''football'' by bray,, stupid errors, hoofing the ball up in the air, not passing to your player, totally shocking... when shane went off why did eddie send on another small player (when we were loosing every high ball to there defense) where pablo could have been used.. again our centre mid were useless, kavanagh and zambra did nothing all night except for the odd tackle,yet again when brennan came on eddie left the centre mids and took off baker.. defensively we were really found out, bad school boy errors. Brian Kane again pulled of some good saves but again questions need to be asked..

We did not deserve a point tonight but with two minutes left surely we could have defended better (off side or not)...

Never mind the loss of a point the team this was the worst performance i have seen...........

piedpiper
09/04/2010, 9:41 PM
Fair play to ye...it never has been easy for us to get even a point in the Carlyle grounds.

With the way youse were treated at the start of the season everyone thinks that its only a matter of time before ye fold.

peadar1987
09/04/2010, 10:07 PM
Why are we playing high balls at all? It didn't work for us last season, and it won't this season. Who cares if we lose the ball 50% of the time when we play it on the ground, we're going to lose it pretty much 100% of the time if we hoof it. When you have small players up front, the only time the ball should go above head height is if we really desperately need to relieve the pressure..

tippex
10/04/2010, 11:46 AM
The midfield last night was awful. I'm not brennans biggest fan but he needs to be in the team from the start (if he's fit).
Bringing off robbie and bringing on pablo stupid considering we were losing everything in midfield.
We should have made a double sub and brought in brennan for kavanagh, pablo for mulroy and had robbie and pablo up front.
Baker asnt good last night but he is experienced.

On the crowd it was soooo disappointing to see such a poor crowd and never mind that where were the na fanaithe lads.

Green&whitearmy
10/04/2010, 12:41 PM
It was a horrible game to watch last night, I know the sligo fans wont admit it because they won but it was dreadful all over the pitch. Theres no leadership in the team, the youngs lads need someone there to shout and roar at them when their concentration drops, I know eddie shouts from the line but what player every listens to the manager when their on the pich.

Kane was terrible for the second goal, first rule of goalkeeping is to protect your front post, I think there was about a five foot gap for the player to pass it in past Kane at the near post.

Ye the atmosphere was non existent from the bray lads, I think one of the main lads had an operation last week or something, thats why he wasn't there but no reason for the other lads not stepping and singing......