PDA

View Full Version : Flancare Park

L.T.F.C.
06/04/2010, 9:20 PM
Anyone have the official record attendance for Flancare?
Cheers

Martinho II
07/04/2010, 5:02 PM
Anyone have the official record attendance for Flancare?
Cheers

this is where a lot of people have conflictin opinions.. in the old flancare the record I would guess was 4500-5000 at ltfc pats cup match in 2000/01 season.. since the seats were put up the record attendance was 4500 people at the league cup final against bohs in 2004.. i do stand corrected though..

Tallanted
07/04/2010, 6:10 PM
5500 was old strokestown road for an u16 game against man united (in which wes brown played), not sure of the year it was played though

Schumi
07/04/2010, 6:44 PM
How many were at the UEFA Cup games?

Longfordian
07/04/2010, 9:45 PM
Wasn't at the Lovech game in 2001, Vaduz game was maybe 2,500 I think, Carmarthen under 2k from memory.

sean r
08/04/2010, 1:10 AM
dont mention carmarthen !!!!!!!!!!!1

L.T.F.C.
08/04/2010, 1:29 AM
dont mention carmarthen !!!!!!!!!!!1

I was in the gaeltacht when the carmarthen match was on in wales. seen the paper the next day. i felt like a part of me died.

sean r
08/04/2010, 2:37 AM
An labhraíonn tú Gaeilge?

L.T.F.C.
08/04/2010, 2:45 AM
An labhraíonn tú Gaeilge?
Labhraim gaeilge cinnte! Agus tú fein a mhac?

Macy
08/04/2010, 8:23 AM
Wasn't at the Lovech game in 2001
Wasn't that big - full stand, half full section O side from memory. Wouldn't be that surprised if it didn't even reach 3000. Certainly not a record attendance.

You can't totally forget Camarthen - the home game was a good win. Just try and forget the second leg!

L.T.F.C.
08/04/2010, 10:17 AM
Wasn't that big - full stand, half full section O side from memory. Wouldn't be that surprised if it didn't even reach 3000. Certainly not a record attendance.

You can't totally forget Camarthen - the home game was a good win. Just try and forget the second leg!

I have a picture of the refs and captains and it seems very full behind them... around section o. I can't remember much of the games or anything just from the picture!

Longfordian
08/04/2010, 11:03 AM
Somewhere between 2,500-3,000 was what I heard at the time alright. There was some complaining about ticket price from recollection

Macy
08/04/2010, 11:06 AM
I have a picture of the refs and captains and it seems very full behind them... around section o.
We were displaced a bit towards the corner. Idiot FAI Stewards/ Crowd controller insisted we sit down as well.

I can't remember much of the games or anything just from the picture!
Me niether.....

There was some complaining about ticket price from recollection
There was a fairly big jump in price alright, which was used as an excuse by some, and I'd have probably brought into that at the time myself. Nowadays I'd just file it in the same old same old excuse bin.

ltfc_2004
08/04/2010, 11:16 AM
I would have thought Waterford in the Cup semi final was our record attendance, It was jammers that night.

Longfordian
08/04/2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah would have said that game myself followed by the League Cup Final then the Pats replay.

sorbothegreek
08/04/2010, 12:11 PM
I would have thought Waterford in the Cup semi final was our record attendance, It was jammers that night.

No, no, no your wrong there lads.

From what i can remember there was bearly a thousand at that game, same as there was only 1,500 at the first game down in waterford ;-)

Longfordian
08/04/2010, 12:36 PM
Waterford made sure to get any money that might have possibly been miscalculated back when selling us Kirby and Reynolds that summer. Though £10k, that's what I think it was, turned out good value for Kirbs alone. Those were the days. Speaking of those games you were a media star for a short while sorbo, you must have fond memories of that time?!.

sorbothegreek
08/04/2010, 1:29 PM
God, that's very close to ten years ago.

I have fond memories of the hair that formed an important part of the look i was going for that day if nothing else..

Longfordian
08/04/2010, 1:47 PM
We've all passed a lot of water under the bridge since then as the fella says.

Ronnie
08/04/2010, 2:32 PM
No, no, no your wrong there lads.

From what i can remember there was bearly a thousand at that game, same as there was only 1,500 at the first game down in waterford ;-)

Your way out. We brought around 1000 to Waterford for first game, and the replay, on a weekday night had people there who were never there since. I'd say that was the biggest I ever saw in Flancare, with Bohs league cup next up, followed by Pats game. Although the Pats game, was that the cup, or was that the game we had to get a point to get into play off, Sturat Holt thunderbolt? What about first leg v Finn Harps in play off? I'd say the first two were the only ones over the 4,000 mark.

Macy
08/04/2010, 2:51 PM
Your way out. We brought around 1000 to Waterford for first game, and the replay, on a weekday night had people there who were never there since.
No, both those games had remarkably similar, and small, official attendances.

btw iirc the replay was a Thursday night wasn't it?

Longfordian
08/04/2010, 4:18 PM
Yeah, for those that didn't hear at the time World War III broke out down in Waterford over the split of the gate and in the spirit of goodwill and cooperation prevalent in the league at the time, mainly engendered by Ollie Byrne, our officials decided to screw them even worse than they screwed us. John Delaney was called in to sort it out eventually. I think in the end both clubs came out not far off even.

Martinho II
08/04/2010, 5:06 PM
5500 was old strokestown road for an u16 game against man united (in which wes brown played), not sure of the year it was played though

think that was min nineties around 1996.. Sorbo the Greek was at that game I wasnt but I remember him telling me there was a serious crowd at the game.. Sorbo can confirm this..

Martinho II
08/04/2010, 5:10 PM
Your way out. We brought around 1000 to Waterford for first game, and the replay, on a weekday night had people there who were never there since. I'd say that was the biggest I ever saw in Flancare, with Bohs league cup next up, followed by Pats game. Although the Pats game, was that the cup, or was that the game we had to get a point to get into play off, Sturat Holt thunderbolt? What about first leg v Finn Harps in play off? I'd say the first two were the only ones over the 4,000 mark.

the serious crowd at the pats game would have being the FAI cup that year...

howsyourtouch
27/04/2010, 11:40 PM

remember this game because my brother was the captain,have the picture in the house from that time! and i remember it aswell because i was thrown out of my room at home because two mlads who were playin from killarney were stayin in the house for the weekend! mad times

Martinho II
28/04/2010, 4:53 PM
remember this game because my brother was the captain,have the picture in the house from that time! and i remember it aswell because i was thrown out of my room at home because two mlads who were playin from killarney were stayin in the house for the weekend! mad times

who was your brother howsyourrtouch as I think I have the match program from that game?