PDA

View Full Version : laptop keyboard problem

Acornvilla
05/04/2010, 1:36 AM
you know on the keys on your laptop that some buttons have two functions eg. the letter ''O'' also has a small NO.6 in the corner. well every time i press ''O'' 6 is typed instead? it just changes today along with another few numbers because of those damn Romanians (i don't hate all Romanians just a few in particular) that i complained about on the say anything thread.
one of the (insert appropriate) lent on the keyboard and since them I've been encountering this problem?

i can be a tad useless with computers at times and i cant seem to get it back the way it was so just hoping someone here has an idea of whats wrong and how to fix it?
hope i made some semblance of sense..

thanks in advance

dcfc_1928
05/04/2010, 8:20 AM
Is there a "Fn Lock" button? What type of laptop iis it?

Acornvilla
05/04/2010, 10:46 AM
its an acer laptop but the keyboards in German so its laid out a little differently? like ctrl is strg.. i know i'm useless at explaining myself where abouts is this fn lock button thing??

A N Mouse
05/04/2010, 12:25 PM
its an acer laptop but the keyboards in German so its laid out a little differently? like ctrl is strg.. i know i'm useless at explaining myself where abouts is this fn lock button thing??

Fn key should be bottom left, but sounds like you don't have a number pad so probably need the num lock key, should be top right somewhere

Acornvilla
05/04/2010, 2:17 PM
theres a fn key! what do i do with it? :)

dcfc_1928
05/04/2010, 2:39 PM
Try Fn + NumLk together

Acornvilla
05/04/2010, 2:58 PM
thank you very much its all better now :)

strangeirish
05/04/2010, 3:08 PM
Glad ye Fn fixed it!