PDA

View Full Version : Loitering Gardaí

dahamsta
01/04/2010, 3:06 PM
Anyone else noticed the Garda cars hanging around in petrol stations and tucked into other corners around the place the last few weeks?

Is it some kind of bizarre work to rule thing? Because sitting on their holes in their cars, visibly, is just annoying the crap out me and won't win my support.

centre mid
01/04/2010, 3:16 PM
No more than usual.

osarusan
01/04/2010, 3:21 PM
There's a long thread on boards.ie Limerick City section about the guards doing exactly that for ages in a Topaz station on Limerick's dock road - I mean well before any work-to-rule idea.

dahamsta
01/04/2010, 3:32 PM
Seems to be a relatively new thing here in Cork. One that sticks out is the Topaz on the Blackrock Road, I've seen them there a couple of times and it ain't just for refueling. I've seen them in several other garages and laybys too, and the wife spotted two speedies having an extended lunch in the Enterprise Bar at the bottom of Barrack Street. (She spotted their bikes tucked right into the back of a car park when going to teach a class in the evening, and mentioned it to the other staff. The bikes were there when several others had arrived hours earlier.)

eamo1
01/04/2010, 6:21 PM
I jog past a Topaz Station near NUIG a few nights a week.I ALWAYS see them there.Meanwhile just across the bridge there's boy racers doing donut turns in a public car park and you can hear them from the Topaz Station yet the guards stay eating their rolls etc:mad:.

John83
01/04/2010, 6:27 PM
Shh! It's a steak-out.

(No, I do not mean a stake-out.)