PDA

View Full Version : When The eventual happens.....

Sinéad
23/10/2001, 10:13 AM
Wes Byrne may no longer be considered as part of the starting 11............ Who should be the new club captain?

Pauro 76
23/10/2001, 12:37 PM
Cheers Sinead for listening to my suggestion! Vote would be for Stuey of course, leads by example.

Macy
23/10/2001, 1:18 PM
He didn't do much leading on Saturday. With the exception of Vinny, the team were a disgrace - they showed no heart, no commitment and no fight. I don't mind losing (well I do obviously) as long as we show character and fight to the end - that was sadly lacking from most on the pitch. A pathetic display.

Xlex
23/10/2001, 1:48 PM
It was pretty much the same story in cork, Vinny led by a mile.

Reynolds would look like a good captain, Has he the qualities for the job?? He should have been in the starting eleven against UCD, but how could you drop Vinny?

Answer: Don't, If Vinny is playing well, pair himself and Rennie in the middle and Stewie in centre back instead of Eric. We always look more stable with Stewie in CB, a waste but solid.

Xlex
23/10/2001, 1:51 PM
BTW, is vinny most peoples choice as the 'other' candidate in the poll?

Pauro 76
23/10/2001, 2:04 PM
Reckon so, even though hes not on the list. Vinny Perth, the only Town player apart from a few, worth his place in the team.

Xlex
23/10/2001, 2:29 PM
I suggested some of those suggestions for Sinéad, we didn't think of Vinny. I suppose I was thinking he would be a natural fella who didn't need the armband to give his fellow player a rollicking for poor performances. I think Rennie should have been started, Vinny regained his place after Wes and then Rennie were unavailable, don't get me wrong, he deserved his place in the team but there were players playing in place of a committed and consistant player like Rennie.

Rennie, but far the most consistant player in the squad this year!

sorbothegreek
25/10/2001, 1:20 PM
Rennie has to get the vote, just ahead of Stewie. I dont think Vinnie would make a great captain, all the heart in the world but he'd loose the head with the responcability.