PDA

View Full Version : UCD Match

naoise kennedy
26/03/2010, 6:55 PM
not trying to be negative,, but did anybody see tonights line up.. http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/11902/1/

no brennan,, no shane up front,, no webby,, ,... i hope i'm proved wrong

naoise kennedy
26/03/2010, 7:08 PM
not trying to be negative,, but did anybody see tonights line up.. http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/11902/1/

no brennan,, no shane up front,, no webby,, ,... i hope i'm proved wrong

it looks like ''extratime'' got line ups wrong.. brennan and shane are playing..

The Fox
26/03/2010, 9:41 PM
Tonight performance lacked any imagination or threat - UCD caused us a lot more problems that we caused them.
I was surprised by the selection - Shane O'Niell should start ahead of Jake Kelly - he is much more of a threat. Surprised not to see Brennan and Webster either.
3 centre midfielders gives us very little attacking chance.
Pablo has to be as good as Robbie Doyle - I have given him a chance of 4 games and all i have seen is tantrums - nobody is ever in the right position for him and nobody ever plays him a good ball - he is still behaving like he did 4 years ago.
We really are missing McCabe - we have no attacking flair at the moment

Hulsey
26/03/2010, 10:15 PM
Unless Shane O'Neill only had one leg there is no way he should have been on the bench. As usual Kelly offered nothing. Paniced as soon as he rounded the keeper in the first half and no stomach for anything that even was 60-40 in his favour. Cannot for the life of me understand what Eddie sees in him. Robbie Doyle seemed more interested in throwing tantrums than chasing down. Absolutely no positives to take from tonight.
After tonight Mondays looking like a damage limitation job.

rocket
26/03/2010, 10:19 PM
just home from u c d game ,and am totally f*****g deflated. U C D were there for the taking, and eddie comes up with a starting lineup that he must have plucked out of thin f*****g air . whats going on.

Stevo Da Gull
27/03/2010, 12:22 AM
Massey, Shields and Kane were very good I thought. Overall dissapointing and I was surprised to see Shane on the bench. We'll need a better performance against Bohs. The big game is against Drogheda next week. The two of us look to be struggling more than the others and both teams will be looking for maximum points from the other.

Seagull
27/03/2010, 9:33 AM
First, Brian Kane was outstanding, our man of the match. That double save was just something else and he also stopped the one-on-one. Massey did well, James Kavanagh showed some nice touches, Baker had a good first half. I'm mystified why Shane O'Neill wasn't on the field. The UCD central defenders looked jittery and O'Neill would have caused them some big problems. That he then put on Mulroy and Rodriguez before finally throwing on O'Neill was equally strange.
Then there was Robbie Doyle. He should be thoroughly ashamed of that 'performance' last night but in his head he was probably man of the match, let down by everyone else. His attitude from very early on was disgusting, harassing the young players around him while contributing NOTHING himself. He's the senior player here! Compare that to Tresson who could barely stand at the end but still could get himself into their box right to the final whistle. Doyle shouldn't even make the bench for the Bohs game, his attitude is toxic and will damage this young team. Was he really all we could get at that late stage before the season started?

melvin
27/03/2010, 9:54 AM
agree with alot been said on this thread. last night was a massive dissapointment and i think only for kane we would have walked out of there looking to everyone else in the league like the whippin boys.strange formation to start! if we are only going to play one(which by the way im still not sure we were playing cause there was no shape from the start) up front should that not be shane who can actually run and doesnt have a chip on his shoulder the size of bray? robbies huffing and puffing and shouting is of no addition to team and would be better off left on the bench next match he has offered nothing in the last two matches (as said before on another thread is this the real robbie doyle?) the commitment from the team cant be faulted but lack of imagination is evident. really need to change things around for the next match "webby,brennan, and shane and pablo up front" might give us a chance of something

rocket
27/03/2010, 10:51 AM
Since the start of the season we have played the ball over the top for shane to get on, and last night when this tatic would have worked really well with such a big pitch and their defence known for defending high, and eddie plays robbie up front, with no pace what so ever. That said i thought the lads worked really hard, ive been critical of the keeper before but he had a great game last night. have to agree with melvin [ webby brennan pablo and shane] might be the way to go.

notever
27/03/2010, 6:25 PM
Must give credit where it is due,Kane who I have been critical of in the last three games was execllent last night.Maybe Shane was left out last night because being young Eddie was saving him for Monday,two games in three days is maybe a bit much for him.I agree Pablo upfront with Shane might be a good idea and Bohs might be surprised with that selection.Brennan in midfield on Monday is surely a must. I was surprised with the selection last night but I suppose there were reasons but what they were I couldn't guess .The support from the fans was great they made some noise we could do with the same on Monday......heres hoping.

Stevo Da Gull
27/03/2010, 10:32 PM
I've heard a couple of people saying that Shane might have been saved for Monday, but I don't believe that. The UCD game was a bigger game for us. That said, it's done now, so roll on Monday!

Grey Boy
28/03/2010, 9:46 AM
First, Brian Kane was outstanding, our man of the match. That double save was just something else and he also stopped the one-on-one. Massey did well, James Kavanagh showed some nice touches, Baker had a good first half. I'm mystified why Shane O'Neill wasn't on the field. The UCD central defenders looked jittery and O'Neill would have caused them some big problems. That he then put on Mulroy and Rodriguez before finally throwing on O'Neill was equally strange.
Then there was Robbie Doyle. He should be thoroughly ashamed of that 'performance' last night but in his head he was probably man of the match, let down by everyone else. His attitude from very early on was disgusting, harassing the young players around him while contributing NOTHING himself. He's the senior player here! Compare that to Tresson who could barely stand at the end but still could get himself into their box right to the final whistle. Doyle shouldn't even make the bench for the Bohs game, his attitude is toxic and will damage this young team. Was he really all we could get at that late stage before the season started?

Totally agree with all that apart from Baker having a good first half. I never thought that Robbie was a good signing when announced, but was willing to give him a chance but this prima donna crap he goes on with and blaming everyone elses pass for losing posession is not doing anything for our team. Lads like Kavanagh need over encouragement not berating. Massey looked back to his best, Kane was fantastic, Shields, Kelly and Nicky Byrne all played really well too. So a lot of positives came out of the game. But I can't help feeling with the right team selection we could have won on Friday.

Roo69
28/03/2010, 5:33 PM
Absolutely no player bar Kane can take any credit from from Friday night's match. Even though we had more of the ball and more position we did absolutely nothing with it. The service from midfield was terrible, Robbie was lost up front on his own, nothing any player could have done on his own with that type of service. Baker has been very poor for us so far i think, well the last 2 games we have just been very dissapointing, no fight or spirit.

After that preformance i think it's going to take a lot more then Brennan and Mark O'Brien to help raise our game.

Even whe the subs game on they looked scared, Mulroy was just shocking and young O'Neill was just as bad in the 8 or 10 minutes he played.

One thing really stuck out for me, O'Neill was on the pitch 30 seconds and Bray got a free kick just out side the box, O'Neill took the ball off Massey and took the free kick and ballooned it miles over the bar. What in the name of **** were they thinking letting him take it only being on the pitch a minute or so? We just completely lack any sort of leadership and the young lads are obviously not listening to the (very few) experienced player on the pitch.

Seagull
28/03/2010, 9:19 PM
We just completely lack any sort of leadership and the young lads are obviously not listening to the (very few) experienced player on the pitch.

What would they learn by listening to the petulant ranting of a self-obsessed prima-donna like Robbie Doyle?

pineapple stu
28/03/2010, 9:22 PM
Highlights (though by the sound of things, you don't want to watch again...!)

t7HyBp1sazM

naoise kennedy
28/03/2010, 9:33 PM
Absolutely no player bar Kane can take any credit from from Friday night's match. Even though we had more of the ball and more position we did absolutely nothing with it. The service from midfield was terrible, Robbie was lost up front on his own, nothing any player could have done on his own with that type of service. Baker has been very poor for us so far i think, well the last 2 games we have just been very dissapointing, no fight or spirit.

After that preformance i think it's going to take a lot more then Brennan and Mark O'Brien to help raise our game.

Even whe the subs game on they looked scared, Mulroy was just shocking and young O'Neill was just as bad in the 8 or 10 minutes he played.

One thing really stuck out for me, O'Neill was on the pitch 30 seconds and Bray got a free kick just out side the box, O'Neill took the ball off Massey and took the free kick and ballooned it miles over the bar. What in the name of **** were they thinking letting him take it only being on the pitch a minute or so? We just completely lack any sort of leadership and the young lads are obviously not listening to the (very few) experienced player on the pitch.

Lads we all need to calm down a litte bit FFS
[/QUOTE]

thats the worse i've heard you say about the team in a long time,, thinks must have been really bad in ucd,, but i would agree with all you said..

shane,, pablo.. up front on monday

Roo69
29/03/2010, 10:37 AM
Yep I do think things were that bad in Belfield…

As someone else said, UCD were there for the taking, they were/are not a better side than us, we just gifted them a goal. We had more possession and terriority, yet created pretty much nothing. The distribution was terrible all night bar from 2 crosses – One from Daire Doyle which was mi**** and hit the bar and the other one were Robbie Doyle chased down the defender into the corner, won the ball and whipped it to the back post but no one bothered getting into the box.

The lads need to start thinking about what they are doing and start concentrating for 90 minutes. It’s a team game and we are not playing as a team at the moment, were not working for each other. The young lads are doing what they want and the older lads are screaming at them – it helps no one at all and we the fans they get ****ed off too when we see the players having ago at each other. But, it is understandable why players are screaming because we are better than how we have been playing the past 2 games, much better.

I’m not sure about O’Neill and Pablo upfront against Bohs, neither of them can lead the line, neither of them will work or track back, neither of them will close defenders down. I can see us playing 1 up front again, massive gap between the striker and midfield, no support and we create no real chances again – if the game against UCD is anything to go by.

Roo69
29/03/2010, 10:42 AM
What would they learn by listening to the petulant ranting of a self-obsessed prima-donna like Robbie Doyle?

I dunno really? maybe how to look great on the pitch or maybe how to score close to a 100 overall goals in the league, i dunno, somthing like that maybe

KK77
29/03/2010, 2:35 PM

Should have never brought this fella back to the club imo. Anyway i hear the bookies are taking bets on us losing all our games this season. Surely we will pick up some wins though Eddie says performances are what matter.

Captain2007
29/03/2010, 2:35 PM
Question - who picks the Team ? why is everyone on this thread having a pop off the players........if they are not good enough then they can only give 100% commitement to the cause.... it's not always the players fault....some of them are not cut out for the standard they find themselves in...you can only play with the cards your dealt.

Seagull
29/03/2010, 3:37 PM
I dunno really? maybe how to look great on the pitch or maybe how to score close to a 100 overall goals in the league, i dunno, somthing like that maybe

:D Close to 100 league goals?? How close exactly?

Roo69
29/03/2010, 5:41 PM
:D Close to 100 league goals?? How close exactly?

Actually couldn't tell you, must ask him. I'd say it could be 70ish maybe?

rocket
29/03/2010, 6:10 PM
Question - who picks the Team ? why is everyone on this thread having a pop off the players........if they are not good enough then they can only give 100% commitement to the cause.... it's not always the players fault....some of them are not cut out for the standard they find themselves in...you can only play with the cards your dealt.
So exactly who have we got that is at this standard,(in your opinion)

Martinho II
29/03/2010, 8:03 PM
whats the story with the white new home jersey for ye this year? was 2004 the last time ye had a white home kit? and what was the story with kids in the dugout at Bray as seen on mns.. its not a creche!

Captain2007
30/03/2010, 8:29 AM
So exactly who have we got that is at this standard,(in your opinion)

IMO Massey,Webster,Shields,D.O Neill, Brennan (when fit) Baker, unfortunate to lose quality players to probably three of the best teams in the league this year, Skippy (Bohs) Pender,Mulcahy,Coughlin,Byrne (St Pats) McCabe, Foran (Sligo) .

Hulsey
30/03/2010, 11:48 AM
IMO Massey,Webster,Shields,D.O Neill, Brennan (when fit) Baker, unfortunate to lose quality players to probably three of the best teams in the league this year, Skippy (Bohs) Pender,Mulcahy,Coughlin,Byrne (St Pats) McCabe, Foran (Sligo) .

Agree about Skip, Pender, Mulcahy, Mc Cabe and Foran. Coughlin never really delivered on his potential while with us but would still like to have him in the squad. Byrne is no better than what we have

Roo69
30/03/2010, 12:04 PM

Although they are absolutely superb prospects i still think it's to early to judge young players like O'Neill, Webster and Shields and what level they are good enough for, another 2/3 seasons and i think a proper call could be made.

I'd love all those players back myself, well bar Byrne who was one of the worst players to pull a Bray jersey on in recent history. On the same hand these are the same players that got us relegated last season... If there was one players out of teh players who have gone i'd bring back Mulcahy for the centre of midfield

Captain2007
30/03/2010, 3:10 PM
On the same hand these are the same players that got us relegated last season...

That is not the only reason we were relegated...... Who put them on the park ?......Who tactically messed up the Cup Semi-Final ?.......Why are all the Superb prospects not allowed to express themselves ?...... surprised you don't see the bigger picture Roo.

Roo69
30/03/2010, 4:14 PM
On the same hand these are the same players that got us relegated last season...

That is not the only reason we were relegated...... Who put them on the park ?......Who tactically messed up the Cup Semi-Final ?.......Why are all the Superb prospects not allowed to express themselves ?...... surprised you don't see the bigger picture Roo.

I know what you are saying and i'd agree with you to a certain extent, but i'd also be of the opnion that once the players are on the pitch they know what their job is and they know what they have to do. Players for any team, not just Bray are the ones at fault for making indivudial errors, which we made a serious amount of last season.

Like, take for example the goals we have conceeded this season. All of them have been really baisc errors and could have been easily avoided. Apart from the Fingal game where we were 2nd best, we should have taken something from the 3 others games, but for defensive errors.

Also, i do feel all the younger players are given more than a fair chance with Bray, that's pretty much why they sign for us, they know they will be given a chance of first team football more than so with any other club in the League.

Seagull
30/03/2010, 4:44 PM
whats the story with the white new home jersey for ye this year? was 2004 the last time ye had a white home kit? and what was the story with kids in the dugout at Bray as seen on mns.. its not a creche!

The kids came out with the teams at the start and then headed for the dug-outs for whatever reason. I heard we'd have a green shirt for home games but it looks like it's gonna be white now?

melvin
30/03/2010, 6:06 PM
I know what you are saying and i'd agree with you to a certain extent, but i'd also be of the opnion that once the players are on the pitch they know what their job is and they know what they have to do. Players for any team, not just Bray are the ones at fault for making indivudial errors, which we made a serious amount of last season.

Like, take for example the goals we have conceeded this season. All of them have been really baisc errors and could have been easily avoided. Apart from the Fingal game where we were 2nd best, we should have taken something from the 3 others games, but for defensive errors.

Also, i do feel all the younger players are given more than a fair chance with Bray, that's pretty much why they sign for us, they know they will be given a chance of first team football more than so with any other club in the League.
i dont think we should have taken anything from the ucd match we created next to nothing and ucd missed two or three really good chances. As for the young lads getting a chance at bray its because its very hard to attract more reputable players with no money and the fact that at the best we will manage to avoid the drop. but roo is right about the goals against us being basic errors. if we can tighten up at the back who knows?

KK77
31/03/2010, 9:06 AM

When Eddie said it was performances and not points he was worried about on MNS alarm bells went off for me.

BrayUnknowns
31/03/2010, 9:25 AM
When Eddie said it was performances and not points he was worried about on MNS alarm bells went off for me.

Sounds like you want rid of Gormley Rafa. So who in your opnion would you bring in to manage Bray, taking into consideration the managers wages and the budget he has had to work with. Give us a few names...

I can’t help but feel if Bray had of known earlier and had time to put a squad together and prepare for the Premier we would be in a much better position that we are now.

tippex
31/03/2010, 10:02 AM
Guys a few things need to be pointed out.

1. the club had to budget for the first.
2. because of budgeting for the first and the uncertainty about our league status the club lost a few sponsors.
3. the sponsorship deal with sports world was only finalised the week of the first game.
4. Pre season would have been fecked up because of all this.

The club made a very concious decision to go with a very young team in the first in the hope that they kids would get a full season behind them before potentially being in the premier.
The budget Eddie has had would be very very small and I'm sure if he had the money some of the other clubs have he would have brought in more experienced / accomplished players.

I'm sure there are still players without clubs that they could sign but wouold this not distrupt things as it stands?

The team needs time to gel the last 4 games have essentially been the teams pre-season.

Yep I'm as disappointed with the start but we need to cut the team and management some slack for what has been a very difficult few months for all involved.

Tip

KK77
31/03/2010, 11:32 AM
Sounds like you want rid of Gormley Rafa. So who in your opnion would you bring in to manage Bray, taking into consideration the managers wages and the budget he has had to work with. Give us a few names...

I can’t help but feel if Bray had of known earlier and had time to put a squad together and prepare for the Premier we would be in a much better position that we are now.

Where did i mention wanting rid of Eddie?

BrayUnknowns
31/03/2010, 11:40 AM

Well it's clear your not happy with him as manager if he is setting off alarm bells for you, so i'll ask you again - Who in your opnion would you bring in to manage Bray, taking into consideration the managers wages and the budget he has had to work with. Give us a few names... Can't be that hard

KK77
31/03/2010, 11:57 AM
Well it's clear your not happy with him as manager if he is setting off alarm bells for you, so i'll ask you again - Who in your opnion would you bring in to manage Bray, taking into consideration the managers wages and the budget he has had to work with. Give us a few names... Can't be that hard

I said i wasn't happy with him making comments like he made. Not once did i mention sacking him. Don't get your cacks all twisted and make assumtions because i question what the manager was saying in a tv interview. It's points we need not performances. Don't wish to talk about new managers when we already have one. Can we not criticise the manager or must we just pay our hard earned money and sit there.

BrayUnknowns
31/03/2010, 3:23 PM
I said i wasn't happy with him making comments like he made. Not once did i mention sacking him. Don't get your cacks all twisted and make assumtions because i question what the manager was saying in a tv interview. It's points we need not performances. Don't wish to talk about new managers when we already have one. Can we not criticise the manager or must we just pay our hard earned money and sit there.

I've only asked you a question. You do not seem happy with the current manager, all im asking you to do is name a suitable replacement. It's not a hard question.

Weatherman
31/03/2010, 5:47 PM
Id go for Pat Devlin, Jeff Kenna or Rico!!

BrayUnknowns
01/04/2010, 8:51 AM
Id go for Pat Devlin, Jeff Kenna or Rico!!

Do you think Kenna or Rico would do the job for €300 a week?

KK77
01/04/2010, 9:00 AM
I've only asked you a question. You do not seem happy with the current manager, all im asking you to do is name a suitable replacement. It's not a hard question.

I said i was not happy with what he was saying. I never said i wanted him sacked. I also said previously i don't want to discuss another manager when we have one. Just because supporters are critical does not mean they want the manager out. Now end of.

BrayUnknowns
01/04/2010, 2:02 PM
I said i was not happy with what he was saying. I never said i wanted him sacked. I also said previously i don't want to discuss another manager when we have one. Just because supporters are critical does not mean they want the manager out. Now end of.

Why am i not surprised you won't give a straight answer tio a very simple question...

KK77
01/04/2010, 2:37 PM
Why am i not surprised you won't give a straight answer tio a very simple question...

Because we have a manager maybe!

dahamsta
01/04/2010, 2:53 PM
BrayUnknowns, your questions has been asked and answered, knock it on the head.

BrayUnknowns
01/04/2010, 4:00 PM
BrayUnknowns, your questions has been asked and answered, knock it on the head.

It was?

dahamsta
01/04/2010, 4:03 PM
Yes (http://foot.ie/threads/133233-UCD-Match?p=1341490&viewfull=1#post1341490). Now be quiet or you'll be suspended from the forum for thread spoiling.