PDA

View Full Version : Devlin defends Byrne after poor Sunday show

Neil
23/10/2001, 9:42 AM
Bray Wanderers boss Pat Devlin has criticised supporters following their treatment of Jason Byrne during Sunday's 2-0 win over Galway United.

Byrne did not have one of his better games: he squandered one excellent opportunity and his link-up play was generally poor throughout.

Towards the end of the game, a section of the home support started heckling the talented striker, and Devlin questioned the loyalty of these fans.

"I don't think anyone should barrack Jason Byrne, particularly Bray supporters. If they do, then shame on them," Devlin told the Irish Sun's Paul Buttner.

"Jason has been a magnificent servant to this club. Like everthing else in life, you always get a few louts who start shouting and roaring. I always ask the question: are they genuine Bray supporters?"

Byrne has scored six goals in the League this season and his manager claims that he is the best striker in the eircom League.

"Jay can be the best striker in the country on his day - but that's Jay. You've got to know him and you've got to understand him. As far as I'm concerned he's the best in the League.

"At times you become frustrated with him, but he's not one I would discard in any shape or form. Strikers have dips in form, but I hope he starts getting back into the role of things.

"I was a striker myself in my day," he added, "and you do go through patches when it just doesn't happen for you."

===

We're not the only ones so....

tressonisgod
24/10/2001, 7:30 AM
Why didn't you bother to say where you'd lifted that from? I was in the stand on Sunday, so I didn't hear that ****e going on. The team overall under-performed last Sunday and to single Jayo out for abuse is not on. 15 goals at least this season for him, I reckon...:D

Neil
24/10/2001, 9:06 AM
Originally posted by tressonisgod
Why didn't you bother to say where you'd lifted that fromI forget now. And anyway it's only Bray. No-one gives a **** about Bray. The ****tiest little town in the country. **** team, no fans. New moderator? :D

tressonisgod
24/10/2001, 10:36 AM
"I forget now"??? What a moron you are- you went to the trouble of lifting the whole story from Johnny Ward's site and posting it here, then you come back to slag off the Wanderers? What's wrong with you? Anyway, go back to JW's site and check out his story on Aberdeen's interest in Jayo. Then go and get a life, loser.

Neil
24/10/2001, 3:58 PM
Brilliant! Job done - a bit of activity on this waste of space of a forum that they call Bray Wanderers.

I think i got the story from ireland.com btw.

Also I know I'm a loser - I don't need some West Brit to be tellin' me. If I wasn't a loser I wouldn't be sitting here typing responses to people like you! Waaaaa!