PDA

View Full Version : derek glynn

minivan man
25/03/2010, 4:29 PM
lads heard here in mayo that glynn is leaving ye and heading back to junior football in mayo true or not?

Massop 10
25/03/2010, 6:15 PM
I doubt it somehow !!! That sounds like a mickey-take to me. Can't see him leaving a LOI team at the start of the season to go to junior team at the end of their season.

minivan man
26/03/2010, 10:20 AM
I doubt it somehow !!! That sounds like a mickey-take to me. Can't see him leaving a LOI team at the start of the season to go to junior team at the end of their season.

summer league in mayo so he would be joining for start. heard a lot of mayo league clubs after him.

L.T.F.C.
26/03/2010, 7:29 PM
summer league in mayo so he would be joining for start. heard a lot of mayo league clubs after him.

a player of his quality, he'd be going backwards...

minivan man
27/03/2010, 8:10 AM
a player of his quality, he'd be going backwards...
i agree he's above junior level but i was just wondering about stories going round mayo league a the moment. i played with derek in mayo before he went to galway united and i hope he stays in the league of ireland as he is the most dedicated footballer i ever meet

Longfordian
27/03/2010, 3:07 PM
Well he's under contract so we'd have to agree to let him go. It wouldn't be solely his decision. Can't see it, he's not working at the minute I believe so whatever he gets from football he needs. He gets a lift to and from training so it's no great ordeal for him really.

L.T.F.C.
27/03/2010, 10:47 PM
Looking at tonights performance he is our best player. Thats it, no ifs, buts or maybes. He has great awareness and skill and a joy to watch.

De Town
28/03/2010, 12:15 AM
Would agree with that. Looks alot more up for it this season since Cousins took over. Our defence on the other hand, well that's all over the shop. And don't get me started on Gary ****ing Cronin.

Massop 10
28/03/2010, 4:25 AM
We have a defence !!!!!!!!

De Town
28/03/2010, 11:24 AM
We have a defence !!!!!!!!

I never said we didn't have a defence, I just said it's all over the shop.

Longfordian
28/03/2010, 2:49 PM
I think Massop meant "We have a defence??!!" as there was no evidence of it last night. We were very good going forward though, we'll score goals this season. Now if we could stop giving them away for nothing we might do aright.

Acornvilla
28/03/2010, 3:33 PM
we were disgarcefull until about the 70th minute! do we have a centre midfield???

Martinho II
28/03/2010, 6:36 PM
we were disgarcefull until about the 70th minute! do we have a centre midfield???

I think it sums it up that since Philly Byrne got banned and Cathal Brady got injured that we have lost every game since...

outspoken
02/05/2010, 12:08 PM
Im a big Derick Glynn fan hes a great player who has it all , Pace, awarness great at making runs especially in behind the defnce but im very disappointed with the commitment he showed tonight VS Waterford he was the only player that didnt try.

Martinho II
02/05/2010, 5:37 PM
glynn has being a pale shadow from last season.. he is much better off coming off the bench for now as Freeman and Hynes were effective for us last night..

Cabs88
05/05/2010, 6:14 PM
i was always a fan of glynn, thought he was always a very intelligent footballer and a great finisher, but one wonders what goes on behind the scenes, as he was only ever used sparingly last yr when it was clear as day he was head and shoulders above anyone else, and similarily this year.. just a point to ponder although it is generally accepted he is a talented player, why hasn this seen him get more starts?? And it doesnt seem to be injury related considering he is always on the bench..

Martinho II
05/05/2010, 6:20 PM
The Freeman Hynes combination isnt workin at all now.. why not try for a change Freeman and Glynn together up front instead?

outspoken
05/05/2010, 6:52 PM
Hynes is useless and freeman is the most defensive minded attacker of all time as for glynn dont land balls a mile above him give it to his feet then he will do damage CMON DE TOWN keep the faith