PDA

View Full Version : Bray game

pineapple stu
25/03/2010, 11:47 AM
Match preview here (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/index.php?a=454).

Looks like we're getting close to full strength, although Ger, Corry and Seánie are all still out for this one, but expect to be back next week. This one's a big game really; need a win just like we did in Drogheda.

Roo69
25/03/2010, 12:08 PM
Match preview here (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/index.php?a=454).

Looks like we're getting close to full strength, although Ger, Corry and Seánie are all still out for this one, but expect to be back next week. This one's a big game really; need a win just like we did in Drogheda.

After Bray's preformance last week i'd expect nothing more than a UCD win, but you just never know which Bray side will turn up. Recent history really favours a UCD win as well.

We are at full strength ourselves, hopefully Stephen Brennan and Mark O'Brien are involved as well.

Schumi
27/03/2010, 5:31 PM
Pretty poor performance for us. Our passing was all over the place, especially in the first half. That we could have won by 2 or 3 playing like that must worry Bray fans, their keeper kept them in it with some good blocks but the rest of their team looked like mid-table first division standard.

On the positive side, I thought Pete McMahon did well again. He reminds of Finn a few years ago.

pineapple stu
28/03/2010, 9:24 PM
Highlights -

t7HyBp1sazM

A win's a win, but that was probably our worst performance of the season. Bray weren't great, but they were up for it and won a lot of 50/50s. We'll have to - and I think we will - up our game for Rovers and Galway, which are two interesting looking games now that we've beaten the bottom two and lost to the top two.

Stevo Da Gull
28/03/2010, 9:28 PM
I'd agree it was a pretty poor game of football, but the result was fair. Good to see some vocal support for the team as well and it should be a decent season for ye. How would you folks compare us to Drogheda, from what you've seen against both sides?

Poor Student
28/03/2010, 10:02 PM
I'd agree it was a pretty poor game of football, but the result was fair. Good to see some vocal support for the team as well and it should be a decent season for ye. How would you folks compare us to Drogheda, from what you've seen against both sides?

You're much better than Drogheda were on the opening day of the season, but they were utterly woeful. They seem to have improved a bit since then so I'm not sure it's that relevant.

As for ourselves, we are stringing some lovely stuff together at times, but for the possession we have we're being far too wasteful and giving the ball away too often. I'm hoping Corry's return will polish off the sloppier elements of our midfield play.

Stevo Da Gull
28/03/2010, 10:21 PM
Cheers. I'd fancy UCD for a comfortable 7th place finish, certainly too good to worry about going down, but we'll know more after the first series of games is completed.

pineapple stu
29/03/2010, 8:55 AM
Drogheda's defence was shambolic, whereas youz defended quite well throughout (some excellent blocks in the highlights above, for example). Whether you can score enough to stay out of trouble is another question though. I think two teams will go down this year, so seventh is the least required for safety, and I don't think you (or Drogheda) have it in you to come that high, I'm afraid.

John83
29/03/2010, 1:37 PM
Drogheda's defence was shambolic, whereas youz defended quite well throughout (some excellent blocks in the highlights above, for example). Whether you can score enough to stay out of trouble is another question though. I think two teams will go down this year, so seventh is the least required for safety, and I don't think you (or Drogheda) have it in you to come that high, I'm afraid.
Surely it isn't two from each division for the play-offs this year? 8th is safe.

DmanDmythDledge
29/03/2010, 4:04 PM
Surely it isn't two from each division for the play-offs this year? 8th is safe.
That's the way it was last season anyway. 8th vs 9th in the Premier and 2nd vs 3rd in the First, with the respective losers and winners playing off over two legs.

pineapple stu
29/03/2010, 4:08 PM
One straight down as well. So what dman said (although I think he misread your post)

John83
29/03/2010, 4:13 PM
One straight down as well. So what dman said (although I think he misread your post)
He read it right.

pineapple stu
30/03/2010, 8:40 AM
8th isn't safe as yes, it is two from each division in the play-offs.

Unless you were making a humorous reference to how bad Drogheda are. :)

John83
30/03/2010, 12:31 PM
8th isn't safe as yes, it is two from each division in the play-offs.

Unless you were making a humorous reference to how bad Drogheda are. :)
Sweet zombie Jesus. I had thought that only 9th was involved in the play-offs. Ro understood this. I have no idea what you're reading.

pineapple stu
30/03/2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I thought he was agreeing with you, and then contradicting you. Move along...