PDA

View Full Version : 5pm KO against Waterford?

Colm
24/03/2004, 10:15 PM
See here (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/news/2004/03/24/club-to-consider-early-evening-kick-off)

A terrible idea imo.
The champions league game will affect our crowd but we'd still get more than we would at 5pm. I'd say we'd be lucky to get 1500 at 5pm on Tuesday whereas even with the game on TV we should still get 3000 at 7.45.
I was looking forward to the Waterford game and all, hope this won't spoil things.

Should we play on the Monday or Wednesday instead?

TommyT
25/03/2004, 12:48 AM
I still think that thursday/sunday is the best twice a week combo for our lrague though no one's tried it.

A face
25/03/2004, 1:42 AM
it will never happen at 5pm surely. people wouldnt be able to finish work and get there in time :mad:

I am gutted aswell .... I wont be there at that time. I am not free until 6.00 and traffic at that time it would be at least 6.30 by the time i am there and then trying to park.

Bad idea !!

liamon
25/03/2004, 7:46 AM
I could probably make a 6pm start, but there's very little chance of making it if it's a 5pm ko.
Daft idea. Crowd will be slahed from ~6,000 last wek to 600 for what should be our big local derby.

NorthoftheLee
25/03/2004, 8:25 AM
its onoly Arsenal & Chelsea and to be honest the numbers of Gooner & chelsea "supporters" in the City is nowhere near that of Celtic, Manu or Liverpool so I dont think it would take dramatically from the gate. 5pm is a disaster for the club..its bad enough having to take half days for away matches but I certainly wont be doing it for home matches....

NO to 5pm Petition................
1.NorthoftheLee

thecorner
25/03/2004, 9:06 AM
an absolute disgrace

forget 5pm,forget monday and forget wednseday

the game is down for tuesday 7.45pm and should stay at that

the league are always saying that they wanna move forward so they have to start by concentrating on their own league and forget about games around the world

there was even games played in the english first division last night in london between wimbledon/millwall

if wimbledon dont call off a home game because of it,i cannot justify cork city changing a game

e-mailed the club in disgust

liamon
25/03/2004, 9:11 AM
Who would take a petition seriously when it's signed by people with names like
1.NorthoftheLee
2.Xtreme Rebel
3. Michael A. Mouse

:confused:

Stop wasting time and contact the club directly via e-mail/phone/carrier pigeon. Anything is better than this pointless nonsense.

NorthoftheLee
25/03/2004, 9:32 AM
Who would take a petition seriously when it's signed by people with names like
1.NorthoftheLee
2.Xtreme Rebel
3. Michael A. Mouse

:confused:

Stop wasting time and contact the club directly via e-mail/phone/carrier pigeon. Anything is better than this pointless nonsense.

baaaaaa humbug...............petitions are great!!!!!! :p just wanted to find out peoples opinions on the matter...........take a chill pill Michael ;)

pete
25/03/2004, 9:48 AM
the game is down for tuesday 7.45pm and should stay at that

the league are always saying that they wanna move forward so they have to start by concentrating on their own league and forget about games around the world

if wimbledon dont call off a home game because of it,i cannot justify cork city changing a game

At least the club are thinking about an alternative. If the club don't move the game they'll also be criticised for putting match directly up against the CL.

btw Wimbledon play in Milton Keynes & got 3500 at their game.

It is a bit unlucky that game with potentially biggest away support is on that day anyway.

ian
25/03/2004, 9:48 AM
I can't see the game kicking off at that time of day. Do you think that Pat or renolds would go for a 5.00 o clock kick off I dont think so relax and take it easy it is a 7.45 kick off.

thecorner
25/03/2004, 9:53 AM
Do you think that Pat or renolds would go for a 5.00 o clock kick off

i bet your wishing they do though ;)

bert
25/03/2004, 12:39 PM
Should definitely not be moved. Maybe they were just floating the idea to gauge a reaction. For my part, I'll be there if it's at 7:45 but won't make 5 pm.

thecorner
25/03/2004, 12:44 PM
no point in posting here lads

e-mail the club and let them know

voice ur anger

info@corkcityfc.ie

patsh
25/03/2004, 5:12 PM
Lads. hold on a minute.
Are the club seriously considering this, or is it just Spillane trying to make sure he gets to watch his beloved Chelsea? :rolleyes:
I would not put it past him to float the idea in the hope he can see the only team he really supports.

If City really think there will be a serious drop off on the gate, play the game on Monday night instead.

pete
25/03/2004, 5:17 PM
If City really think there will be a serious drop off on the gate, play the game on Monday night instead.

City have Longford away on the Saturday night.

Neil
25/03/2004, 5:48 PM
Play it at 7pm. That'll give anyone who wants to watch some of the TV game a chance to see the second half of it.

Gary
25/03/2004, 5:55 PM
City have Longford away on the Saturday night.

Boo hoo. Play 2 games in 3 days. They are big boys, im sure it wont hurt them once in a season.

Besides, its pathetic that we are even considering this. As said above Millwall played Wimbledon last night in London. Okay the attendance was about 3500, but what has Wimbledons average been since going to MK.

Play the game @7.45 as planned.

thecorner
25/03/2004, 6:07 PM
Play the game @7.45 as planned.

exactly

nuff said

A face
25/03/2004, 9:21 PM
To be honest ... trying to suit the barstoolers isn't a great idea. Out of the amount of them that would stay away for the Chelsea game .... how many of them would be running over to the cross at 5.00 ... none so play it at 7.45 and be done with it. If we lose any to that game then so be it.

ian
26/03/2004, 6:36 AM
The corner you should know me by now i will be in the cross at 7.45 for cork city and then I can go home and watch the chelsea match on the video. I am always there behind city all the way and noting is going to change that.

I don't care what renolds says I just think that he would be the same as Pat would about the 5.00 o clock kick off.

pete
26/03/2004, 9:14 AM
Obviously everyone here is going to go unless they physically can't make it so football on tv isn't going to distract ye.

thecorner
26/03/2004, 10:07 AM
The corner you should know me by now i will be in the cross at 7.45 for cork city and then I can go home and watch the chelsea match on the video. I am always there behind city all the way and noting is going to change that.

I don't care what renolds says I just think that he would be the same as Pat would about the 5.00 o clock kick off.

i know that bud

sure werent u in the cross for the last game of the season when man yoo and chelsea were on the box

pity u didnt shout in the corner the way u shouted at the big screen in the horseshoe ;)

liamon
26/03/2004, 10:18 AM
Boo hoo. Play 2 games in 3 days. They are big boys, im sure it wont hurt them once in a season.

Are you serious? All the top managers try to give their players as much rest as possible between games. Why push our players? If we started to look tired late in the game and conceded a late goal, how happy woul you be then?

ConfusedBlue
26/03/2004, 10:54 AM
Personally i think a 5 kick off will be nothing short of disgraceful.Ill b making the trip down from the land of the blaa and i cant wait for it.Local derby and all,should be a cracking atmosphere as it and then you add in the Reynolds,Connor-Fenn,Bryne factor.Should be a cracker.Roll on another undefeated Munster derby for the Blues!!!! :confused:

ian
26/03/2004, 11:01 AM
A the corner I am alway's shouting in the corner you should no that by now.

As for the hshoe that was to wind up all the man yoo boys that were in there that night.

This game should be a craker of a game for both the supportes of both sides ;)

thecorner
26/03/2004, 11:03 AM
A the corner I am alwas shouting in the corner you should no that by now.

tell me bout it

usually have to go to the doctors on a sturday morning to get me ears checked ;)