avvenalaf
22/03/2010, 8:33 PM
Can anyone confirm?

sligoman
22/03/2010, 8:34 PM
Apparently yes. Cook said it tonight at the Q&A

akearins
22/03/2010, 8:34 PM
yes,according to dsc lads in forum with cookie and dermot kelly now. he is signed

roversman
22/03/2010, 8:40 PM
be a great signing if it true
we need someone like him in midfield
now we might stop hitting it long the whole time

kkontour
22/03/2010, 8:40 PM
But will the FAI accept the contract :doh:

Redkenrover
22/03/2010, 8:44 PM
But will the FAI accept the contract :doh:
Ya we have signed him on the 2012 version so we should be ok!:p

red bellied
22/03/2010, 8:48 PM
Midfield will be fairly competitive now, all fighting for the 2nd spot to play along side Ventre! Ndo finished the season with Bohs playing regularly on the left for Bohs though.

sligored
22/03/2010, 8:59 PM
great signing - he is the type of player that will put bums on seats.
if cookie can get 100% out of him , i think we will have signed the best player in the loi.

redbuli
22/03/2010, 9:01 PM
another midfielder? did he mention whether we're still on the lookout for a forward

we'd probably have the most exciting midfield in the league though once Russell comes fit

Ndo - Ryan - Russell - Dillon

Boo_Boy
22/03/2010, 9:05 PM
Great signing!

sligored
22/03/2010, 9:06 PM
cook said that he is signed to play behind a lone striker according to my source at the forum

bingoballs
22/03/2010, 9:30 PM
I'm delighted. He is a class act.

Brian Boru
22/03/2010, 9:37 PM
great signing - he is the type of player that will put bums on seats.
if cookie can get 100% out of him , i think we will have signed the best player in the loi.

Comfortably the best. Most entertaining. Didn't he play for Cameroon.

Rasputin
22/03/2010, 9:45 PM
Ya Cook wants to play him upfront, use his pace to get behind defenders.

sligoman
22/03/2010, 9:47 PM
Comfortably the best. Most entertaining. Didn't he play for Cameroon.Yes. Wikipedia has him down as playing 21 times. He was at the 2002 World Cup but was just on bench.

Brian Boru
22/03/2010, 9:51 PM
Will he be playing on Friday?

CRFC&SRFC
22/03/2010, 9:55 PM
Delighted, only player ive ever applauded while playing for opposition team. He's different class and id imagine his experience will be huge addition around the squad..Hopfully its true...Hardly available Friday?

gustavo
22/03/2010, 10:08 PM
Yes. Wikipedia has him down as playing 21 times. He was at the 2002 World Cup but was just on bench.

He played in the 98 World Cup also

Great signing when playing at his best

D.24saint
22/03/2010, 10:29 PM
word from the wise to Sligo fans is not to get over excited by the Ndo signing the man is a lazy money grabber he can be the best player in the league by miles when he trys but he rarely does theres only one man in the league that can get anything out of him IMO and thats fenlon anyone else forget it just a warning lads!

avvenalaf
22/03/2010, 10:51 PM
Extract from Wikipedia....

On the 6th November Joeseph Ndo played his last match for Bohemians against Bray Wanderers to clinch the title for The Gypsies after they won the league.Ndo rejected a new contract as he opted to play a higher standard of football.

Good to see he's achieved his objective.

Dodge
23/03/2010, 6:52 AM
Extract from Wikipedia....

On the 6th November Joeseph Ndo played his last match for Bohemians against Bray Wanderers to clinch the title for The Gypsies after they won the league.Ndo rejected a new contract as he opted to play a higher standard of football.

Good to see he's achieved his objective.

He hee. His agent shopped him all around europe but no takers. He then contacted pats himself to offer his "services". He was rightly laughed out of the ground. Chancer of the highest order.

Only1Rovers
23/03/2010, 8:12 AM
He hee. His agent shopped him all around europe but no takers. He then contacted pats himself to offer his "services". He was rightly laughed out of the ground. Chancer of the highest order.

why do you call him a chancer?

Mayo Red
23/03/2010, 8:30 AM
I think he's a good signing for us, getting on a bit maybe but still a seriously quality player, hopefully Cookie can get the best out of him!

red_away
23/03/2010, 8:45 AM
Was he not on a "Pay per Play" deal at bohs last year...that is how they got the best out of him!

A very skillful player but prone to 'going missing'

Dodge
23/03/2010, 9:42 AM
why do you call him a chancer?

Experience.

Even the year he won POTY award he only played 16 games for Shels. Has a tendency to get injured/ill and his last spell at Pats saw him become our most hated player. He even has his own doctor and in the past has refused to work with club doctors (untilthe threat of his wages being stopped saw him miraculously recover)

Undoubtedly talented, but I wouldn't sign him (for the third time) even if he was to play for nothing, and is work rate is questionable at best.

avvenalaf
23/03/2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah, but has he ever tried dossing in front of the Forza boys?

jc46
23/03/2010, 10:37 AM
Experience.

Even the year he won POTY award he only played 16 games for Shels. Has a tendency to get injured/ill and his last spell at Pats saw him become our most hated player. He even has his own doctor and in the past has refused to work with club doctors (untilthe threat of his wages being stopped saw him miraculously recover)

Undoubtedly talented, but I wouldn't sign him (for the third time) even if he was to play for nothing, and is work rate is questionable at best.
Let's think positive. Give credit to Cook, he is not standing still. He's ambitious and from i have seen so far if we back and support him, he will make it a great year for Rovers. I wonder at times are these "knockers" real, genuine supporters or hurlers on the ditch! Ndo has proved himself on the bigger stage and is worth taking a chance on him.

Dodge
23/03/2010, 10:48 AM
I wonder at times are these "knockers" real, genuine supporters

Real genuine Pats supporters who've witnessed his antics at two seperate spells with the club.

And trust me, I'm not who blindly slags off all ex players. This guy is an exception

red bellied
23/03/2010, 10:58 AM
Real genuine Pats supporters who've witnessed his antics at two seperate spells with the club.

And trust me, I'm not who blindly slags off all ex players. This guy is an exception

I am sure the club are aware of this and have offered a type of contract to get the best out of Ndo.

Dodge
23/03/2010, 11:09 AM
Yep, because the Chris Turner affair has shown that Sligo are the supreme masters of stong contract negotiations

avvenalaf
23/03/2010, 11:43 AM
Yep, because the Chris Turner affair has shown that Sligo are the supreme masters of stong contract negotiations

Ah yeah, but who could afford the genius that is/was Richard Sadlier?

dong
23/03/2010, 12:01 PM

Ye can hang on to Cashie so. He's a real talent and workhorse.

red bellied
23/03/2010, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Dodge;1337523]Yep, because the Chris Turner affair has shown that Sligo are the supreme masters of stong contract negotiations[/QUOTE

Dont worry Ndo wont be on one of those p iss taking contracts he had at Pats and he wont be on what Turner was offered before the cup final.

Dodge
23/03/2010, 12:38 PM
good news all round so

gufct
23/03/2010, 1:02 PM
Just Wondering the Story has been pulled on Extratime and whats the story with the Official Website?

Fivesilver
23/03/2010, 1:15 PM
Just Wondering the Story has been pulled on Extratime and whats the story with the Official Website?

Nothing much - probably that he's just agreed to join Shams.

sligorover
23/03/2010, 5:22 PM
Its up now on http://www.sligorovers.com/ (http://www.sligorovers.com/). Its on Extratime aswell http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3119/

Martinho II
23/03/2010, 7:59 PM
Its up now on http://www.sligorovers.com/ (http://www.sligorovers.com/). Its on Extratime aswell http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3119/

how are ye affording the deal lads? thats some move for ye.. I thought it was a windup when I saw this news on the general forum...

redarmyfaction
23/03/2010, 8:05 PM
how are ye affording the deal lads? thats some move for ye.. I thought it was a windup when I saw this news on the general forum...

He is getting minimun wage.

Well Red
23/03/2010, 8:07 PM
The problem at Pats was that they did not have a manager with the ability to handle players like Joseph, we do have at Sligo and make no mistake about that.

Martinho II
23/03/2010, 8:07 PM
He is getting minimun wage.

i hope so considerin his injury record over the years with shels and pats..

redarmyfaction
23/03/2010, 8:24 PM
The problem at Pats was that they did not have a manager with the ability to handle players like Joseph, we do have at Sligo and make no mistake about that.

Feed them drink; thats how to keep them under the cosh.

Only1Rovers
24/03/2010, 8:45 AM
He made 29 appearances for Bohs last season.... not bad I'd say....

Only1Rovers
24/03/2010, 8:46 AM
i hope so considerin his injury record over the years with shels and pats..

He made 29 appearances for Bohs last season which is a good showing....

avvenalaf
24/03/2010, 11:14 AM
Anyone know how many appearances he made with Bohs last year?

jc46
24/03/2010, 11:47 AM
Anyone know how many appearances he made with Bohs last year?
Forget about his appearances last year. It wont win us any games this year.Let's compliment Cook and look forward. Ndo will pay for himself over and over with the extra bums he will put on seats at the Showgrounds. A lot of people seem to be caught up in negativity and pessimism. Nobody wants to hear or be in the company of whingers and moaners. Think positive, fill the showgrounds and we could be league champions by end of season.

akearins
24/03/2010, 12:23 PM
Dodge ever hear the saying people in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones
Paul Marney ring a bell

jc46
24/03/2010, 1:08 PM
Dodge ever hear the saying people in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones
Paul Marney ring a bell
That will put "Dodge" back in his burrow!

pineapple stu
24/03/2010, 1:09 PM
Yup, you really countered all his points there.

Only1Rovers
24/03/2010, 1:21 PM
Hey! Did you know Ndo made 29 appearences for Bohs last season?

Yea, that's right 29.