PDA

View Full Version : Pints in Longford

CharlesThompson
24/03/2004, 5:25 PM
Having already played in Longford this week, you could do a lot worse than sample the watering hole called the Tangled Web. It is located on the Strokestown Road as you are leaving the town to go to Flancare Park on the right hand side of the road. So that's when you turn left at the Longford Arms Hotel and about 100 yards up that road on the right.

The owner there is dead keen to welcome LoI supporters and laid on a lot of food for us, cocktail sausages, soup, sandwiches, chicken wings, sausage rolls. The pint of black is top notch and the hospitality is second to nowhere I have travelled as an eircom League supporter. Credit where it's due lads, the Tangled Web is your only place.

CharlesThompson
24/03/2004, 5:42 PM
I genuinely don't have a vested interest considering I'm a Bohs supporter and live in Dublin. But I do genuinely think that if somebody goes out of their way to make life easier and more comfortable for you, the least you should do is let others know by recommending that particular establishment. Simple. If you have serious doubts about my bona fides on this you can pm me and I'll prove it.

A face
24/03/2004, 6:11 PM
On the same road about half a mile past the ground, there is a bar by a river and it is meant ot be great aswell. Some sort of welcome and a great pint. But yeah .... every pub in Longford is great, never had any complaint about the place.

Gary
24/03/2004, 6:30 PM
The Anvil last yr while there was alot of City fans watching egg chasing had a load of chicken and sausage rolls etc for us.

Tangled web last time had some good sandwiches as well, ditto the Stillery, and one or two other places.

As a Face said, most places are great, apart from the Cellar, which must go down as the worst "Dissssssschhhhko" bar ive ever been in. PV Fallons is also crap.

I quite like Valentines and eamonn farrells as well. Their is also a new place - cant remember what its acalled. Well out of place in that its clean, so clean the locals probably reckon its a 'gay' bar.

Colm
24/03/2004, 9:52 PM
I quite like Valentines and eamonn farrells as well. Their is also a new place - cant remember what its acalled. Well out of place in that its clean, so clean the locals probably reckon its a 'gay' bar.

That's called Escobar and is probably the best of the bars in the town I'd say. Valentines and Farrells are also nice. The Stillery was ok the night we were there but that may have only been because they sponsored the match that night.
As for the Tangled Web, I know it was a Tuesday night but I thought the place was a dump, full of old men and inbred children. Not the kind of place you'd want to be on a Saturday night on the town. The only thing the Tangled Web's got going for it imo is that it's accross the road from Blazers!

Martinho II
25/03/2004, 9:40 PM
On the same road about half a mile past the ground, there is a bar by a river and it is meant ot be great aswell. Some sort of welcome and a great pint. But yeah .... every pub in Longford is great, never had any complaint about the place.

Is this McPartlands in Clondra around 1.5 miles up the road from flansiro a face? Great pub the son of the bar owner is a section o fanatic! :)

A face
25/03/2004, 9:53 PM
Is it on the right hand side (opposite to the flansiro), thats the one if it is !!

Macy
26/03/2004, 8:12 AM
I'd say you're talking about Keenan's in Tarmonbarry. As for Escobar - fĂșckin poncey "bar", keep it real in pubs! You'll be giving Reynolds enough money in Blazers...