PDA

View Full Version : Morton Stadium

Cosmo
21/03/2010, 8:03 AM
Whats the handiest bus to get out to it from the city centre?

Also, whats the nearest pub to it and do they do pub grub there?

Cheers!!

D.24saint
21/03/2010, 8:44 AM
Also, whats the nearest pub to it and do they do pub grub there?

not sure about the buses but the nearest pub is the swiss cottage its about a five minute walk from the ground.

HarpoJoyce
21/03/2010, 8:47 AM
16A ver regular (every 20mins at least) from Westmoreland Street and O'Connell St. at the pick-up stops. The 16 will bring close to Santry village.
33 and some 41 goes past the door as well.

Swiss Cottage in Santry village (Swords road) is a large Lounge and family-orientated pub.

Other Services:
Omni Park Shopping Centre.
Chartbusters have internet access.
(Is it possible to give a report here after the Sports events).

Cosmo
21/03/2010, 11:01 AM
Thats great, cheers!! Havent been there in a few years!!

pineapple stu
22/03/2010, 10:33 AM
There's a social club in the ground which is open normal hours; don't think they do food though.

WindmillWarrior
22/03/2010, 10:48 AM
There's a social club in the ground which is open normal hours; don't think they do food though.

Cheaper pints?

pineapple stu
22/03/2010, 11:05 AM
Can't actually remember!

sparky12345678
22/03/2010, 11:11 AM
I live right beside the stadium. I dont like the 16a im to impatient to wait for it and it takes longer cos it goes through beaumont. id reccoment going up abbey street (bus stop is just after luas stop beisde irish life, accross from liberty hall) and getting any 41 41c (41a,b sometimes as well) or 33. Your gaurenteed not to be wating more than 15 minutes in my experience.

hope to see you there ;)

sparky12345678
22/03/2010, 11:14 AM
16A ver regular (every 20mins at least) from Westmoreland Street and O'Connell St. at the pick-up stops. The 16 will bring close to Santry village.
33 and some 41 goes past the door as well.

I always stick with 41 (plus 41a,b,c) or 33 there's a bus almost every 15minutes. buses all leave from abbey street like clockwork (every 10,15 minutes) as opposed to (in my experience) unreliable 16a (which goes through beaumont adding maybe 15 minutes)

Fingalstan
26/03/2010, 8:48 AM
The best bus i always find is the 27B, I get that home from work everyday for the last 10 years! the 33 is a weird bus, 16a unreliable and the 41 stops in the airport sometimes. There isn't a social club in the ground, its an athletics club and unless you are a member you won't get in, the swiss is grand and Omni shopping centre is only down the road if the grub isn't up to your standards! enjoy either way! good luck tonight

Schumi
26/03/2010, 12:06 PM
There isn't a social club in the ground, its an athletics club and unless you are a member you won't get inI got in no problem after our two games in Morton last year, there were a few Fingal heads there too as far as I remember. the bar isn't that big though so if there's a good few of going together, it might be a problem.

Cosmo
26/03/2010, 11:58 PM

Word of warning - they dont let away fans in here (well didnt let us in tonight and said it was members from the athletics club only).

WindmillWarrior
27/03/2010, 1:40 PM
Word of warning - they dont let away fans in here (well didnt let us in tonight and said it was members from the athletics club only).

Yeah and the stewards had a very bad attitude about it as well. Tho with proper segregation there last night and our support being put on the terrace on the opposite side, that probably meant we had no chance of getting near the bar even if it was open to all

pineapple stu
28/03/2010, 4:31 PM
Fair enough. The advantages of supporting a small club. :) Pretty sure I've seen Liam Buckley and one or two other Fingal officials (as in, people wearing Fingal tracksuits) in there after matches tucking into complimentary sandwiches. We never made any secret of being away fans (scarves and jerseys on); maybe it's a new policy for the nasty Premier Division clubs.

bennocelt
28/03/2010, 6:36 PM
The best bus i always find is the 27B, I get that home from work everyday for the last 10 years! the 33 is a weird bus, 16a unreliable and the 41 stops in the airport sometimes. There isn't a social club in the ground, its an athletics club and unless you are a member you won't get in, the swiss is grand and Omni shopping centre is only down the road if the grub isn't up to your standards! enjoy either way! good luck tonight

i had no problem getting in, place was heaving, but then I didnt have any club colours or anything

The Lep
28/03/2010, 7:04 PM
Fair enough. The advantages of supporting a small club. :) Pretty sure I've seen Liam Buckley and one or two other Fingal officials (as in, people wearing Fingal tracksuits) in there after matches tucking into complimentary sandwiches. We never made any secret of being away fans (scarves and jerseys on); maybe it's a new policy for the nasty Premier Division clubs.

Maybe it was because there wasnt enough of you there to make a diffrence.

pineapple stu
28/03/2010, 7:55 PM
That's exactly what I said...

The Lep
28/03/2010, 10:05 PM
Not exactly was it.
Who are the dirty premier teams you talk about ?

pineapple stu
29/03/2010, 9:02 AM
Not exactly was it.
Yes exactly (when I said "the advantages of supporting a small club")

Who are the dirty premier teams you talk about ?
It was sarcasm (and I said "nasty", not "dirty").

The Lep
29/03/2010, 1:10 PM
It wasnt "Exactly " what you said. it may have been what you ment alright but not " Exactly ".

Dodge
29/03/2010, 1:17 PM
Jaysus pedantors give it a rest (sic)

chatterbox
29/03/2010, 9:29 PM
Have to say I really didn't like Morton. What struck me most was the amount of time wasted in the game waiting for the ball to come back to the pitch once it went out of play. They should have had spare ones on the sidelines ready to go.

The Lep
29/03/2010, 10:30 PM
I agree, but the fourth official has spare ones.

marley
30/03/2010, 12:57 PM
would it not be an idea that all clubs have to provide ball boys around the pitch