PDA

View Full Version : Block Booking

4tothefloor
24/03/2004, 5:01 PM
Lads, when do the FAI let you know when you've made the block booking list for a qualifying campaign? I know someone involved who says he is putting me on the list (I've been asking him for 4 years and am currently on the waiting list). In terms of the upcoming WCQ campaign, roughly when would the FAI let me know if i've made the list, 'cos I want to make other plans if I don't make it.

Ozymandias
25/03/2004, 6:05 PM
The only way you know is when they write out to you offering tickets for the qualifiers or friendlies...I am block booking since 88 and thats the way they do it with me....

ring them ...not guaranteed they will tell ya anything cause there are 1 or 2 women in there that have serious chipsm on their shoulders and treat everything as if it is a state secret

tarzan_bray
17/05/2004, 4:27 PM
The only way you know is when they write out to you offering tickets for the qualifiers or friendlies...I am block booking since 88 and thats the way they do it with me....

ring them ...not guaranteed they will tell ya anything cause there are 1 or 2 women in there that have serious chipsm on their shoulders and treat everything as if it is a state secret

I am a block booker for 7 years now and my brother now works in the FAI and it seems to me that under Rooney things are getting a lot better on the ticket front. I could ask my brother to find out because he knows the people in the office and is good at getting information.

4tothefloor
17/05/2004, 7:04 PM
Sound, I might avail of that offer if I hear nothing by mid August.

tarzan_bray
26/05/2004, 2:22 PM
My brother who is in the FAI tells me the waiting list is huge to get on to the block booking list

Beavis
26/05/2004, 6:17 PM
My brother who is in the FAI tells me the waiting list is huge to get on to the block booking list
Yeah I'm number 921 on the waiting list :(

eirebhoy
26/05/2004, 11:21 PM
How do you even get on to the waiting list?

cullenswood
27/05/2004, 10:22 AM
Get in contact with the FAI and plead!! They might tell you that the list is far two long at this stage though.

tiktok
27/05/2004, 10:24 AM
shouldn't it improve though with the added capacity of the remodeled landsdowne, i know it's far down the line but hopefully it'll be worth being on the list eventually

tarzan_bray
28/05/2004, 1:06 PM
shouldn't it improve though with the added capacity of the remodeled landsdowne, i know it's far down the line but hopefully it'll be worth being on the list eventually

FIFA have given us a derogation on the bucket seats till 2006 but then we might need to play elsewhere for the 2008 qualifiers so hopefully Croke Park
will become available by September 2006 so loads of tickets then my friends, in the meantime if it is any consolation you are nearly better at home in front of the tv for some matches when it's lashing down in the south bucket as has happened a few times to me, roll on an all covered stadium :)

eirebhoy
16/06/2004, 2:40 PM
I e-mailed the FAI yesterday about getting on the waiting list and they replied today saying there is certainly room for another person. I'm chuffed, even though it might not be until 2008 (when the new stadium is built) at least I'll be saving a few quid as I had to pay hundreds for tickets off the touts.

Actually, just thinking, there's only 5 matches in Lansdowne from now until 2008 so i'm not missing much. :p

gspain
17/06/2004, 1:44 PM
I e-mailed the FAI yesterday about getting on the waiting list and they replied today saying there is certainly room for another person. I'm chuffed, even though it might not be until 2008 (when the new stadium is built) at least I'll be saving a few quid as I had to pay hundreds for tickets off the touts.

Actually, just thinking, there's only 5 matches in Lansdowne from now until 2008 so i'm not missing much. :p

Have you tried Pats and EL fans? All clubs get tickets - if you a regular fan and well known no harm in asking around the club - maybe even write a letter. Same goes for other clubs.

eirebhoy
17/06/2004, 6:57 PM
Have you tried Pats and EL fans? All clubs get tickets - if you a regular fan and well known no harm in asking around the club - maybe even write a letter. Same goes for other clubs.
I actually only started to take an interest in the Eircom league this season and Pat's are my local club. I've only been to a couple of matches so not known at all.

tetsujin1979
18/06/2004, 9:55 AM

I did the same, they took my postal details and said I'm on the waiting list. Probably waiting for several years, but there you go.

eirebhoy
18/06/2004, 4:37 PM
I did the same, they took my postal details and said I'm on the waiting list. Probably waiting for several years, but there you go.
As I said earlier, you'll only be missing 5 matches.

Did they tell you where about on the waiting list you are?

tetsujin1979
21/06/2004, 9:48 AM
Did they tell you where about on the waiting list you are?

Nope, I just sent them my postal details and said if they needed anything to reply to me, probably should have asked alright where I am on the list

ger121
21/06/2004, 11:49 AM
Got a reply the other day to tell me to send in my details, which I did. She told me there is about 1000 on the waiting list but with the new stadium being built there will be more tickets available.

Countyman
15/07/2004, 4:57 PM
Got a reply the other day to tell me to send in my details, which I did. She told me there is about 1000 on the waiting list but with the new stadium being built there will be more tickets available.

I emailed them last week and got a reply the next day saying current block list is full but I would be put on a waiting list as they anticipate when the new stadium comes online we would be catered for.

I received an official letter from the ticket office on monday saying I'm on the list and confirming my postal details.

No details of how many are on the waiting list.

Its worth it even if its a 2 or 3 year wait. Altough I have heard horror stories especially from england of people being on waiting lists for season tickets and their details mysteriously disappearing after a few years. Worth pestering them every year to ensure you are not deleted.