PDA

View Full Version : Athlone away - Monday 22nd - LEAGUE CUP

De Town
17/03/2010, 11:00 PM
Anyone going from Dublin and back that night for this that has a space in his/her car? Coz I'd appreciate a lift, petrol money would be provided.

Martinho II
18/03/2010, 5:03 PM
Anyone going from Dublin and back that night for this that has a space in his/her car? Coz I'd appreciate a lift, petrol money would be provided.

it would be worth it de town when you see who is taking part in the penalty shootout against Athlone town fans at half time!!:D

De Town
18/03/2010, 5:08 PM
Why didn't I get the call? Considering I scored a hattrick up in Belfield a few years back in the half time match!

Martinho II
18/03/2010, 6:05 PM
Why didn't I get the call? Considering I scored a hattrick up in Belfield a few years back in the half time match!

thats right forgot all about that one!! Myself and Massop10 are taking part..Ash asked me did I know anyone that would play?? If it comes to sudden death you are comin on!

De Town
18/03/2010, 9:27 PM
Cheers! I'll have to make it there first, but I'll bring my boots if I'm going! ;)

Ash
23/03/2010, 3:26 PM
Longford finally got some revenge for the previous footy encounters against the Athlone fans

Town Fans Pay The Penalty (http://ashleycahill.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/town-fans-pay-the-penalty/)

Longfordian
23/03/2010, 4:40 PM
Textbook technique there Martinho. Only one place that one was going, right in the back of the onion bag.

Martinho II
23/03/2010, 7:14 PM
Textbook technique there Martinho. Only one place that one was going, right in the back of the onion bag.

cheers longfordian didnt realise you were at the game.. I fell on my arse for the first peno shimmied and sent Skelly the wrong way for the second and hit it straight for the third.. It was great fun when it lasted and it was nice to be victorious unlike the real game.. yes!:D

Martinho II
23/03/2010, 8:14 PM
last nights poor result keeps up our crap record against Athlone town in the league cup.. they beat us in 2007,2009 and last nite in Lissywollen.. two yrs ago we lost in the first round to Galway.. you have to go back to 2006 for the last time we got past the first round of the league cup when we beat mayo league 4-0 at home and lost to derry city away..

Longfordian
23/03/2010, 8:29 PM
cheers longfordian didnt realise you were at the game.. I fell on my arse for the first peno shimmied and sent Skelly the wrong way for the second and hit it straight for the third.. It was great fun when it lasted and it was nice to be victorious unlike the real game.. yes!:D

I wasn't there I was judging your technique from Ash's photo!

Martinho II
24/03/2010, 5:12 PM
ah that explains it so! It was good fun ...

Ash
24/03/2010, 6:06 PM
ah that explains it so! It was good fun ...

Its like a mini cross border peace inititive :D

Massop 10
25/03/2010, 6:10 PM
As I have won the peno shootout I wonder will I make the World Cup squad now just incase Holland gets into another shootout at a major tournement :) Van Marwijk I am here if needed hahaha :) Oh well the bragging rights is just as good for now :D

Martinho II
25/03/2010, 6:33 PM
i have being told by the humble editor of the match program that the photo of me in the penaltyshootout will be appearin in the match program on saturday night! yes I am goin to be a star!!:moon:

sorbothegreek
26/03/2010, 7:29 AM
i have being told by the humble editor of the match program that the photo of me in the penaltyshootout will be appearin in the match program on saturday night! yes I am goin to be a star!!:moon:

Says who?

Pauro 76
26/03/2010, 4:42 PM
Marty even scored in his shoes! :ball:

Martinho II
26/03/2010, 5:30 PM
Says who?

noone knows the identity of him ... I just spoke to him over the phone and never seen him face to face...