PDA

View Full Version : Limerick away - Friday 19th

De Town
17/03/2010, 10:59 PM
So, who's going? Predictions? Injury news?

Might be heading down myself, not sure yet. Is Deans back for this? If so then I'd play him and Ekanem at the back, move Kev Cronin to LB and get Gary Cronin out of there. Think we have the winning of the game myself, although we must start games better as we can't keep coming back.

kelvomcc
18/03/2010, 1:30 PM
Deans still has 1 games of his ban left.
Cathal Brady also out for a few weeks according to ltfc.ie.

I'll call a 1-1.

osarusan
18/03/2010, 1:49 PM
We're gonna murder you.

0-0 on the pitch though, I'd say.

joeSoap
18/03/2010, 2:53 PM
1-1....useless point for both sides

Martinho II
18/03/2010, 5:00 PM
Johnny Lester is back playing and I heard Cathal Brady could be out for the next six weeks which would be a bit of a blow to us... Quick q for ye.. John Paul McDonagh that is with us did he ever play for Shamrock Rovers I came across an old ltfc rovers match program from 2002 and I am pretty sure its the same player as it said that he was playing for Newbridge Town at a young age until he moved to Rovers underage team.. I didnt know either that Cathal Brady went through the Bohs youths system??

Tallanted
19/03/2010, 9:35 AM
[QUOTE=osarusan]We're gonna murder you.

And what about the game?:cool:

De Town
19/03/2010, 9:53 AM
And what about the game?:cool:

Obviously missed his extra bit of writing at the bottom of his post?! ;)

Acornvilla
19/03/2010, 12:17 PM
not a hope of it endong 0-0!! 3-2 ta us :)

Martinho II
19/03/2010, 1:16 PM
not a hope of it endong 0-0!! 3-2 ta us :)

so long as we get a good result.. we definitely wont hammer them unlike last time in limerick when Liam Lynch got a hattrick for us that day.. anyone whos postin on here goin to it?

De Town
19/03/2010, 1:21 PM
Still don't know if I'm going myself but it's not looking likely. Only decided to go to Monaghan at half 6 last week so I wouldn't rule anything out yet!

Martinho II
19/03/2010, 1:40 PM
Still don't know if I'm going myself but it's not looking likely. Only decided to go to Monaghan at half 6 last week so I wouldn't rule anything out yet!

no hassle text me if you want updates..

Tallanted
19/03/2010, 2:38 PM
Oops missed that alright, back to bed it is

Acornvilla
19/03/2010, 2:42 PM
was going to go but have to work :(

osarusan
20/03/2010, 9:16 AM
Thought you were unlucky not to be ahead at half-time. You could have had 3 or 4, and we could have had a couple ourselves. Amazing that it was 0-0 at the break. You'd want your strikers to get some practise with heading the ball - missed a couple of absolute sitters.

Second half, you just didn't play.

Monkfish
20/03/2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks to the fella who bought a fanzine, hope you got a few ideas. :ball:

De Town
20/03/2010, 2:32 PM
Didn't make it myself. Fairly sickened about the result tbh, thought we could get a draw at least.

Martinho II
21/03/2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks to the fella who bought a fanzine, hope you got a few ideas. :ball:

that was me that bought it ..:D. I thought it was a good read..

Martinho II
21/03/2010, 11:38 AM
Didn't make it myself. Fairly sickened about the result tbh, thought we could get a draw at least.

I am a tad disappointed with the result..Limerick were all over us for the first part of the first half but then we took over for the rest of the first half and missed some great chances.. We werent as strong in the second half and we lost our shape badly in the second half..

Cathal Brady was a big loss for us in midfield... Glynn and hynes missed some sitters and there was no need for hynes to handle for limericks penalty.. limericks first goal came from Dave Ryans kickout and it came straight to a limerick forward who went one and one with Shanahan and scored..

Fair play to the Limerick fans ye kept us entertained and amused with some of your chants especially at a certain John Lester... Im sure magicme would be devastated at the stick ye gave him.. at least it made the long journey worthhwhile to listen to yer crowd ye were definitely the wittiest crowd I have heard in a long while..

Oh and last nite a certain Mr Longford Town Legend Stephen Kenny paid a flyin visit to the tallyho and the spiral tree on his way home from a spyin visit on the Athlone game.. It was great catchin up with him...

bluewhitearmy
21/03/2010, 2:39 PM
I am a tad disappointed with the result..Limerick were all over us for the first part of the first half but then we took over for the rest of the first half and missed some great chances.. We werent as strong in the second half and we lost our shape badly in the second half..

Cathal Brady was a big loss for us in midfield... Glynn and hynes missed some sitters and there was no need for hynes to handle for limericks penalty.. limericks first goal came from Dave Ryans kickout and it came straight to a limerick forward who went one and one with Shanahan and scored..

Fair play to the Limerick fans ye kept us entertained and amused with some of your chants especially at a certain John Lester... Im sure magicme would be devastated at the stick ye gave him.. at least it made the long journey worthhwhile to listen to yer crowd ye were definitely the wittiest crowd I have heard in a long while..

Oh and last nite a certain Mr Longford Town Legend Stephen Kenny paid a flyin visit to the tallyho and the spiral tree on his way home from a spyin visit on the Athlone game.. It was great catchin up with him...

Always a pleasure.
Think ye could have been at least 2 up at half time but when ye didn't score was always the chance we could get on top.
To be honest i think going on the 2nd half we deserved the win.