PDA

View Full Version : Thumbing...

vito_golightly
23/03/2004, 6:46 PM
Two City fans need a lift back down to Cork on Friday night after the game.

We were sorted for accomodation as back-up if NORTHOFTHELEE'S bus fell through (as has happened) but unfortunately our accomodation has gone belly up as well.

If we can get a lift down, we'll get the train up on Friday afternoon.

Please PM me if anyone can help us out.

Cheers.

John.

Peadar
24/03/2004, 8:38 AM
our accomodation has gone belly up as well

I was going to offer you a place to stay but just remembered I'm going to Manchester for the weekend.
Maybe you could contact the club as there may be adults driving who don't access the Internet?

razor
24/03/2004, 9:17 AM
[QUOTE=Peadar]I was going to offer you a place to stay but just remembered I'm going to Manchester for the weekend.[QUOTE]

Sure couldn't you leave the key under the mat.

tiktok
24/03/2004, 9:21 AM
........as there may be adults driving who don't access the Internet?........

:eek:
jesus, i'm feeling really old all of a sudden. can't keep typing, arthritis acting up...

Peadar
24/03/2004, 9:28 AM
Sure couldn't you leave the key under the mat.

In case you hadn't noticed, I live in Dublin.
The mat was stolen and stripped for parts 12 minutes after I moved in :D

SÓC
24/03/2004, 9:28 AM
Or ye could do the old Fonzi method.

After the match ye head towards town in Dublin. Get some munch, a few pints etc. Then head to one of the all night internet gaffs. You can get all night access for €10. Just play lan games, do internet stuff, use keyboard as a pillow. Places are central, warm, secure and have vending machines. You'll be knackered the next day but sure ye'll be back in yer beds in Cork by 10:30 on Saturday morning.

razor
24/03/2004, 11:07 AM
In case you hadn't noticed, I live in Dublin.
The mat was stolen and stripped for parts 12 minutes after I moved in :D

They'd smoke anything up there. :rolleyes:

vito_golightly
24/03/2004, 3:48 PM
use keyboard as a pillow.

:)

Have done that before but in Sydney and for some weird reason I wouldn't contemplate doing the same in Dublin. I genuinely have some indent fear about the place. I got the fright of my life when a junky I encountered on Dame Street abused me for not giving him a euro after coming in to the city centre from a Pats game. Yes I know - sad.

Anyway, I'm still drawing a blank regarding a lift back to Cork. I really deplore the idea of staying longer than 3 or 4 hours in that dump. Can anyone help? Let it be on all of your consciences - I'm going and ain't nothing stopping me! I'll end up taking my chances waiting outside Busaras for the first bus home and some diseased Dub will bite my nads off while I sleep and I hope you'll all be very happy!! :D

JOHN

PS Thanks Peadar for the good intentions!

A face
24/03/2004, 5:54 PM
Ask around at the game aswell ... might be someone there that could help you out with a lift or a place ot sleep.

vito_golightly
25/03/2004, 9:38 AM
my buddy has been sorted for a lift so now it's just pauvre moi.
i'm going anyway but if there is anyone who can offer a lift straight back to Cork, i would be much obliged.
JOHN
thanks to the man himself for the answer to the call