PDA

View Full Version : Promotion via Licencing

pete
23/03/2004, 1:55 PM
If a non-promoted 1st division club gains an A licence next year will they replace a premier team that doesn't have an A licence?

If so might make sense for some not so good 1st division teams to just invest in their ground & forget the football team?

Dodge
23/03/2004, 2:05 PM
If a non-promoted 1st division club gains an A licence next year will they replace a premier team that doesn't have an A licence?

If so might make sense for some not so good 1st division teams to just invest in their ground & forget the football team?
Hope thats the way. I guarentee you that any club with an "A" licence thats relegated and replaced by one without will go to court...

pete
23/03/2004, 2:12 PM
Probably means that clubs based around Dublin area (Bray, UCD, Kildare etc...) will end up sharing Tolka/Richmond/Dalymount, Harps at the Brandywell etc...

Dublin ground share eventually forced by the Licencing...?

Roo69
23/03/2004, 2:26 PM
[QUOTE=pete]Probably means that clubs based around Dublin area (Bray, UCD, Kildare etc...) QUOTE]

I cant see us having to Share with anyone being honest, according to the report back from the licencing committe we did very well, and with all the work going on down ther i reckon well have a A Licence for next season.
Fingers crossed !

Bald Student
23/03/2004, 2:29 PM
Probably means that clubs based around Dublin area (Bray, UCD, Kildare etc...) will end up sharing Tolka/Richmond/Dalymount, Harps at the Brandywell etc...

Dublin ground share eventually forced by the Licencing...?

That's a bit unfair on Bray and UCD. Bray have the builders in upgrading the grounds and UCD have just got planning permission and are in the process of sorting out the funding.

As for Richmond, Tolka and Dalymount, there's as much work to be done there as anywhere else.

But to reply to the original question, according to the licensing handbook, any premier team without a premier license will be relegated to the first division(assuming that they have a 'B' license) and replaced with the highest placed first division team with an 'A' license.

dortie
23/03/2004, 2:33 PM
[QUOTE=pete]Harps at the Brandywell etc...

QUOTE]

:eek: You out of your mind !!! They could play in Coleraine, they would be more comfortable up there with the RUC :p

max power
23/03/2004, 2:39 PM
RUc, who ae they ?? i've heard of the PSNI ??

dortie
23/03/2004, 2:51 PM
RUc, who ae they ?? i've heard of the PSNI ??

Same thing different uniform.

pete
23/03/2004, 3:02 PM
That's a bit unfair on Bray and UCD. Bray have the builders in upgrading the grounds and UCD have just got planning permission and are in the process of sorting out the funding.

As for Richmond, Tolka and Dalymount, there's as much work to be done there as anywhere else.

OK a bit unfair on South Dubs ;) However if Tolka (shel$) & Dalyer (Bohs) can't get an A licence doesn't hold out much hope for anyone else in Dublin area?

I suppose could easily say 1/2 the current 1st division no hope of getting an A licence for next season?

max power
23/03/2004, 3:05 PM
here is a question, what are the clubs doing about it, we have a big draw on at the mo to raise funds for what is needed.....

Macy
23/03/2004, 3:19 PM
OK a bit unfair on South Dubs ;) However if Tolka (shel$) & Dalyer (Bohs) can't get an A licence doesn't hold out much hope for anyone else in Dublin area?

I suppose could easily say 1/2 the current 1st division no hope of getting an A licence for next season?
Depends on what they failed on. Bohs could probably get away with upgrading the floodlights, and closing all but the floodlights to get the infrastructure Licence. As it stands, you're probably nearer to getting one, on that critea if you're a one stand club than if you've spent money earlier when the critea was different. eg Longford's ground met the UEFA critea in 2001 and now it's a €1 million away from it!

max power
23/03/2004, 3:24 PM
1 million !!! yeah its some jump in ufea standards.... we need new flood lights, toilets on both sides of the ground, seperate away supporters enterence with 5% of seats designated for them, dug out to hold 10 people, upgrading of dressing rooms to hold 20 players, ref dressing room for 4 players, car park to be tarmaced, new home turnstiles, the list goes on and on and on and eh on

all i can see that has been done is the dug outs......macy you know any more i can't think of ???

pete
23/03/2004, 4:43 PM
I wonder what criteria any of the other European countries have set for their own clubs or are the Euro & Local League criteria different?

The eL ain't got great grounds but must be a host of European countries in a worse situation or will they just play all club euro games in national stadium or something?

Whatever about CL/UEFA Cups its ridiculous that €1m has to be spent on the Cross (one of the better irish grounds) just to play in the Inter Two Bob Cup. :rolleyes:

tiktok
23/03/2004, 4:45 PM
i could be wrong Pete but afaik, the one million euro investment that has been touted about, is for the redevelopment of the shed end and is not solely for UEFA licencing. I know that one of the stumbling blocks at the moment is the turnstiles at the shed end, but nothing is going to be done with them in the near future, definitely not prior to the intertoto because Lennox has already said it's pointless to remodel the turnstiles when a year or two later the entire thing will be ripped down.

pineapple stu
23/03/2004, 4:49 PM
here is a question, what are the clubs doing about it,

We're trying to get the money out of Ollie Byrne! :D

Was interesting to see the interviews on eL weekly - Pat's had no interview backdrop and had to have the interview on the pitch. Can't remember about Waterford and Cork, though Shels had the backdrop. That's one of the easier things to do for licencing, and yet Pat's (and presumably some others) haven't gotten around to it.

pete
23/03/2004, 4:58 PM
i could be wrong Pete but afaik, the one million euro investment that has been touted about, is for the redevelopment of the shed end and is not solely for UEFA licencing.

Probably correct on that one.

Thought Shel$ advertising board for interviews looked professional. Is that really required for the licencing?

pineapple stu
23/03/2004, 4:59 PM
Thought Shel$ advertising board for interviews looked professional. Is that really required for the licencing?

You'd be amazed how many picky little things are in there! But then, as you said, it looked good, which is the whole point behind the scheme.

IJsbrandij
23/03/2004, 5:04 PM
In the Netherlands licensing rules are far more stringent then in the Eircom League. They are with some of the Scandinavian leagues and the Bundesliga the country with the most harsh licensing regime.

Republic of Ireland isn't the only league that has problems. In Finland also with a summer season some clubs had trouble (FC Jazz Pori for instance).

In Wales there is some dedain to the licensing stuff but this will hit back hard on them.....Same to the Irish League.

Eircom should be proud to have a harsh sceme on this.

Irish people musn't think they are the only one. It's just that all other summer countries had already harsh licensing regimes.

I know by the way that the Faroes had some pay-off with UEFA.

TommyT
23/03/2004, 10:05 PM
1) Are Bray buiding a roof ?

They've currently got 0 covered seats.

2) With all the time people spend reading other people talking ****e a lot could do worse than read the licencing document. I've the PDF format if anyone wants, pm me your email.

Macy
24/03/2004, 7:33 AM
2) With all the time people spend reading other people talking ****e a lot could do worse than read the licencing document. I've the PDF format if anyone wants, pm me your email.
Come off it Tommy, it's far more fun just to speculate and make stuff up! :)

Xlex
24/03/2004, 9:00 AM
Probably correct on that one.

We've had one for the last two seasons.

John83
24/03/2004, 10:17 AM
Come off it Tommy, it's far more fun just to speculate and make stuff up! :)Agreed. I hear that everyone will fail next year when they make it even tougher to get a licence by adding a requirement for undersoil heating and, crucially, a dugout big enough to fit Pat Dolan. ;)

Macy
24/03/2004, 10:25 AM
Agreed. I hear that everyone will fail next year when they make it even tougher to get a licence by adding a requirement for undersoil heating and, crucially, a dugout big enough to fit Pat Dolan. ;)
Well I heard after the weekends postponment, Longford will have to get a retractable roof on the Flansiro just to keep the moany bohs fans happy.

Dodge
24/03/2004, 10:27 AM
We're trying to get the money out of Ollie Byrne! :D

Was interesting to see the interviews on eL weekly - Pat's had no interview backdrop and had to have the interview on the pitch.
Pats have a back drop. Just because they were done on the pitch doesn't mean they had to have been...

max power
24/03/2004, 10:29 AM
well one good thing will be that the bohs fans will be put where we want them to be put and they can't just go and move at half time if they feel like it.....an electric fence around the technical area would have been great on monday to keep kenny in his box !!!

pete
24/03/2004, 11:10 AM
Come off it Tommy, it's far more fun just to speculate and make stuff up! :)

True. If discussions were based on fact they wouldn't be too long.

:D

dortie
24/03/2004, 12:26 PM

Most of us Derry lads had the PDF document last year....we all read every little bit of it, cause we are great we are the A-team the rest of yees are amateurs :D ;)

That was humour before the anti-Derry brigade fire back....Dont fry my head you hear !!

tiktok
24/03/2004, 12:30 PM
Most of us Derry lads had the PDF document last year

in that case you should be in europe :D , anyway you've got loads of room to store printed copies now that you've shut 2/3 of the ground. :D :p

i hear shels are only getting one hundred tickets for the weekend (and on sale at the gate before kick off) what's the story there?

dortie
24/03/2004, 12:37 PM
in that case you should be in europe :D , anyway you've got loads of room to store printed copies now that you've shut 2/3 of the ground. :D :p

i hear shels are only getting one hundred tickets for the weekend (and on sale at the gate before kick off) what's the story there?

Funny man.....

$hels are been allocated 150 tickets as per UEFA guidelines........And i could bet you a few grand that they will only use about 20-30 of them !!

The biggest away support in the Brandywell ever is usually about 100...!! Fact...Unless we play the bogmen that is.

corkharps
24/03/2004, 1:57 PM
[QUOTE=pete]Harps at the Brandywell etc...

QUOTE]

:eek: You out of your mind !!! They could play in Coleraine, they would be more comfortable up there with the RUC :p

Are the Showgrounds in Coleraine not owned by the British government aswell? We certainly wont be playing there. :p

Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be confirmation of our new Stadium,which will be custom built for football and not a greyhound in sight! If we get Finn Park 2 in the near future we can be very confident of passing the rest of the requirements for the license again. Therefore ourselves and Sligo would have the only Soccer stadiums in the NW, both paid for by the supporters of the clubs and not handouts from officialdom.

I'm also tired of the Derry crying about how much money they spent on getting the licence.#How much did you spend and where did you spend it?Paying 3 different managers in one season and €10k illegal transfers cann't be included.
Answer the question. :rolleyes:

dortie
24/03/2004, 2:26 PM
Are the Showgrounds in Coleraine not owned by the British government aswell? We certainly wont be playing there. :p

If we get Finn Park 2 in the near future we can be very confident of passing the rest of the requirements for the license again.

In my opinion Donegal men have more in common with the British government than we do so Id say it wouldnt be a problem for you to play in Coleraine....besides if you knew anything about your own club you would know that Harps and Coleraine already have a link with youth football !!

IF...IF you get Cowshed No 2 it will be quite a few years before its even built, so forget about a license until the next decade, because your current grounds not fit for grazing sheep.

You only need a B license anyway, cause your factually a first division team.

Red_terror
24/03/2004, 6:11 PM
hey fool

your club is a disgrace and one which i hope rots and ends up playing amateur, you only have a quarter of a ground and 3 muckpiles, your team have won 1 lousy cup in its entire history and will be "forever in our shadow", your lub is froma country populated by farmers inbreds and gypos.
YOUR CLUB IS SCUM and more unionist than the average shankill road resident as your fans repeatedly call us "brits", your board suggested that the R.U.C who have terrorised our community for many a year.

SCUM SCUM SCUM

corkharps
25/03/2004, 1:51 PM
hey fool

your club is a disgrace and one which i hope rots and ends up playing amateur, you only have a quarter of a ground and 3 muckpiles, your team have won 1 lousy cup in its entire history and will be "forever in our shadow", your lub is froma country populated by farmers inbreds and gypos.
YOUR CLUB IS SCUM and more unionist than the average shankill road resident as your fans repeatedly call us "brits", your board suggested that the R.U.C who have terrorised our community for many a year.

SCUM SCUM SCUM

How much did Derry spend on getting the licence and where did they spend it?
Simple question!

Red_terror
25/03/2004, 5:20 PM
well scummer i' not sure of the exact amount but since we registered a quite significant profit this year you can be assured it wasn't too much and to ****in finally get this straight

half of the brandywell is closed due to asbestos not due to the licence.

and by the way you should be ashamed of yourself making digs about our nationality while living in such a fine fine rebel county

dancinpants
26/03/2004, 2:12 AM

Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be confirmation of our new Stadium,which will be custom built for football and not a greyhound in sight! If we get Finn Park 2 in the near future we can be very confident of passing the rest of the requirements for the license again. Therefore ourselves and Sligo would have the only Soccer stadiums in the NW, both paid for by the supporters of the clubs and not handouts from officialdom.

I'm also tired of the Derry crying about how much money they spent on getting the licence.#How much did you spend and where did you spend it?Paying 3 different managers in one season and €10k illegal transfers cann't be included.
Answer the question. :rolleyes:

Jaysus youse are some craic lad.As dortie says how quick do ya think ye'll knock up a stadium?...granted if ye build one like Finn Park ''1'',probably a fortnight...how long? And you honestly think Harps will foot the entire bill?...think "normal person" and get serious!!!.We arent crying about the money we spent,we earned our license and kept you savages down in one season, happy days as far as i can tell.Also,all these teams that think theyre gettin away without having a license now could be in for a very rude awakening come the start of next season....including you sheep molestin gob****es!!!