PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Walker

RĂ©iteoir
12/03/2010, 1:14 PM
Was leafing through a copy of Aftenposten today - and they're currently doing a preview of each team in this season's Tippeligaen in Norway.

I note that Sandefjord Fotball have an Irish Manager called Patrick Walker - someone who I'd never heard of before - and details about him I've been able to find so far are sketchy.

Did he ever have any involvement in Irish football at our level as a player or coach - and does anyone know from where abouts he's actually from?

ifk101
12/03/2010, 1:24 PM
Was leafing through a copy of Aftenposten today - and they're currently doing a preview of each team in this season's Tippeligaen in Norway.

I note that Sandefjord Fotball have an Irish Manager called Patrick Walker - someone who I'd never heard of before - and details about him I've been able to find so far are sketchy.

Did he ever have any involvement in Irish football at our level as a player or coach - and does anyone know from where abouts he's actually from?

AFAIK he played with Bohs for half a season or so and he is originally from Carlow. Been manager at a few clubs here in Sweden.

KBurke
12/03/2010, 1:43 PM
I remember he was linked with the Galway United job a few years ago, i think around the time Kenna was appointed.

SkStu
12/03/2010, 1:50 PM
he has been mentioned in the Ireland forum quite a few times. He has two sons who play the game (cant remember their names) both of whom have played underage football for Sweden.

Munster Saint
12/03/2010, 4:06 PM
The sons are Kevin and Robert if memory serves.

Longfordian
12/03/2010, 4:53 PM
I think that's right, Kevin and Robert. As far as I can recall the two of them played in Sean Prunty's testimonial in Longford a couple of seasons back, one of them definitely did and Pat Walker was managing one of the teams.

Carlin
12/03/2010, 6:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Walker

Played in the 1982 or 1983 Cup Final for Bohs.

Dalymountrower
13/03/2010, 9:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Walker

Played in the 1982 or 1983 Cup Final for Bohs.

Pat Walker was a quality mid -fielder and did indeed play for Bohs for two seasons. In the days before Wags his stunning Finnish wife brightened up many a dreary Dalymount sunday afternoon.