PDA

View Full Version : Live Game on TV This Weekend?

Réiteoir
12/03/2010, 1:04 PM
As above - is there any live action this weekend on the television?

And what time does Friday Sportsnight start on Radio 1 tonight?

mick dundee
12/03/2010, 1:06 PM
As above - is there any live action this weekend on the television?

dundalk -v- drogheda sunday ko 4:30 coverage starts at 4:25

Cuyahoga
12/03/2010, 1:32 PM
There is no league of Ireland radio show tonight that finished up a couple of years ago when medium wave went.There is just a general sports show between 7 and 7.30

eL Bettor
12/03/2010, 6:36 PM
Cork v Waterford is live on www.wlrfm.com

eamoss
14/03/2010, 3:07 PM
Louth derby game not live on www.rte.ie/live ?

peadar1987
14/03/2010, 3:34 PM
Louth derby game not live on www.rte.ie/live ?

Nope, looks like they've replaced it with their "Web Only Special" of toffball. I couldn't be less thrilled.

SPXcyan
14/03/2010, 3:36 PM
bah! made the tea.. out with the chocolates.. BANG!! no footie :( Sunday ruined!!

Réiteoir
14/03/2010, 4:04 PM
Nope, looks like they've replaced it with their "Web Only Special" of toffball. I couldn't be less thrilled.

RTÉ.ie will stream all RTÉ Television Airtricity League coverage live worldwide at www.rte.ie/sport. MNS and live match programmes will also be made available on-demand around the world so regardless of location fans in Bray, Berlin or Bangkok will be able to keep up to date and see all the goals from their favourite teams.

Rubbish even by RTÉ standards...

Réiteoir
14/03/2010, 4:15 PM
Fired off an email to the powers that be at RTÉ:

Having been a big fan of your coverage of League of Ireland football down the years (apart from the decision to axe Friday Sportsnight entirely) - I was delighted to read on the RTÉ website pre-season that the channel would also be showing all of their live games on the RTÉ Website.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0303/airtricityleague.html

Imagine my dismay and disgust when - as I was sitting down to watch the online coverage of today's match between Dundalk and Drogheda United - I could find no trace of it being covered on the website's Live TV section. The only two programmes being shown were "Celtic Woman: Songs from the Heart" and a "Web Only Exclusive" which consisted of analysis of Ireland's last 6 Nations Match.

Why make such a bold statement on your website when only 2 weeks into the season you don't actually do what you say you would?

The cynic inside me is thinking - would this happen if the game concerned was a Man Utd Champions League match or a Premiership game involving Liverpool? I somehow think not...

ger121
14/03/2010, 4:28 PM
It seems to be available now but when I try to stream I get an error message.

Working in WMP but not Real Player

superfrank
14/03/2010, 4:39 PM
Same for me.

I shuddered when Stephen Alkin said "Hunky Dory's Park".

MeathDrog
14/03/2010, 9:04 PM
Not a mention of the game on the 9 o clock news. RTE are a shower of tossers.

monkey9
14/03/2010, 9:16 PM

It's an absolute joke, to be honest. I mean, they show the match live this afternoon and yet show no footage of at least the goals. Not even mentioning the result.

It may be a small thing, but even if they mentioned LOI results in their bulletins and show the goals the way they do with the English league, that can make a tiny difference. It could plant a seed in some people's heads and they may eventually check out a game.

PartySaint
14/03/2010, 9:34 PM

Is there anywhere i can see the goals, No link on the RTE website??

monkey9
14/03/2010, 9:54 PM
Is there anywhere i can see the goals, No link on the RTE website??

Apparently, according to some here, they didn't even show it live on the web. While the match was on tv, they were showing highlights of the rugby on the web-player.

Réiteoir
14/03/2010, 11:37 PM
About 10 minutes after I sent the email above - they decided to turn the stream on - unfortunately I think that meant those watching online missed the first 40 minutes

As for myself - I couldn't get either the WMP or Real Player links to work - so I gave up after about 10 minutes of trying - went onto http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=2 - where I had the choice of watching any one of the six Norwegian Premier League games being played this afternoon live and in broadcast quality (with no buffering, picture break up or sound issues)

In comparison - RTÉ are **** poor

Dillonman
15/03/2010, 12:37 PM

Nope but TV3 showed Faz's goal this morning after its extensive coverage of all the English highlights from yesterday.

Dodge
15/03/2010, 12:37 PM
Watched the last half an hour or so of this. I loved the way they went down to Tony O'Donoghue to interview the managers during the game. Nice little innovation. Maybe they do it in Italy/Spain but its definitely something I haven't seen before.

Gaillimh Al
15/03/2010, 12:52 PM
As far as I know they used to do this on Setanta Sports for their coverage of the Blue Square Premier before they went belly up. Had some blonde bird doing it if memory serves me right.

Réiteoir
15/03/2010, 12:56 PM
Aye - iirc she now presents that "Talk of the Terrace" thing on ESPN

Dillonman
15/03/2010, 12:57 PM
Watched the last half an hour or so of this. I loved the way they went down to Tony O'Donoghue to interview the managers during the game. Nice little innovation. Maybe they do it in Italy/Spain but its definitely something I haven't seen before.

They did it last week for the Bohs/Fingal game.

Next live match is next Sunday afternoon from Tallaght, Rovers v us.

Martinho II
15/03/2010, 5:34 PM

it was even better when the cameras were allowed into the dundalk changin room strangely enough AM wouldnt allow them into Drogs ...:giggle:

Longfordian
15/03/2010, 6:38 PM
Doesn't surprise me AM is very protective of his dressing room. One former chairman of ours made the mistake of wandering into the Town dressing room at half time, ostensibly to use the toilet he was really just being nosy, he got such a going over he never made the same mistake again. Proper order too.

Martinho II
16/03/2010, 5:17 PM
Doesn't surprise me AM is very protective of his dressing room. One former chairman of ours made the mistake of wandering into the Town dressing room at half time, ostensibly to use the toilet he was really just being nosy, he got such a going over he never made the same mistake again. Proper order too.

and this former chairman of ours never came back to ltfc matches again! heard that story before!! AM is dead right...

marinobohs
18/03/2010, 11:49 AM
it was even better when the cameras were allowed into the dundalk changin room strangely enough AM wouldnt allow them into Drogs ...:giggle:

Not too convinced about this facet of RTE coverage (pitch side interviews and dressing room invasion) - cant wait to see some manager lose it completely over some decision given against them ! think it better to give a little time after the game to allow managers get things in perspective (insofar as it happens) before poking a camera in their faces.

Dodge
18/03/2010, 11:58 AM
Not too convinced about this facet of RTE coverage (pitch side interviews and dressing room invasion) - cant wait to see some manager lose it completely over some decision given against them ! think it better to give a little time after the game to allow managers get things in perspective (insofar as it happens) before poking a camera in their faces.

So you can't wait until it happens, but don't think it should? I think it'd be great TV to be honest, and it definitely added to my enjoyment on Sunday listening to Matthews have a little moan at the ref.

dong
18/03/2010, 1:30 PM
So you can't wait until it happens, but don't think it should? I think it'd be great TV to be honest, and it definitely added to my enjoyment on Sunday listening to Matthews have a little moan at the ref.

Agree Dodge. I think it's a great idea. Foster didn't seem too happy to have a mic in his face in the first half. It is definitely only a matter of time before it goes horribly wrong though!
Will be some craic when Paul Cook gets asked for his measured reaction during the heat of battle.:D

TonyD
18/03/2010, 8:17 PM
Yeah, definitely only a matter of time before some under pressure boss tells TO'D exactly where to stick his microphone.

Mayo Red
19/03/2010, 8:42 AM
Yeah, definitely only a matter of time before some under pressure boss tells TO'D exactly where to stick his microphone.

Now that'd make for cracking reality tv alright, and what about the follow-up live from A&E!!;)

the-blue-harp
22/03/2010, 4:29 PM
the pitch side interviewing during the flipping game is the cheesiest bullcrap ive ever seen from rte, and that takes some doing.

the manager is working, interview him after when his work is done. tony o donoghue is looking for something to do. If I was a manager id tell them to take the bloody camera out of my face because I'm trying to do my job here, talking to the press comes before and after games not during them!

SkStu
22/03/2010, 4:35 PM
have to agree on interviewing managers during the games - its all a bit too GAA/Marty Morrissey-esque for my liking...

Dodge
22/03/2010, 5:20 PM
I'd actually have no problem at all about managers not being interviewed after the game. I've yet to hear one interview where the manager says something we don't know. Nothing but cliches.

At least the in-game interviews catch them off guard