PDA

View Full Version : Mark O'Brien

Roo69
11/03/2010, 1:51 PM
Mark O'Brien has today signed for Bray Wanderers.,

O'Brien (born on May 13, 1984 in Dublin, Ireland) played for Belvedere at youth level and made several appearances at under-age level for Ireland. He began his senior career at Shamrock Rovers making his debut on the May 7, 2003 in a League of Ireland Cup tie against his new club Bray Wanderers. He That season he won Rovers prestigious Young Player of the Year award.

O'Brien then signed for Bohemians for the 2005 season and he made his debut against his former club Shamrock Rovers. He then returned to Rovers on loan and helped them clinch the 1st division title.

O'Brien departed Bohemians to sign on loan for nearby rivals Shelbourne in July 2007. And made his debut on July 6, 2007 against Wexford Youths at Tolka Park in a 1-0 O'Brien.

Speaking exclusively to www.braywanderers.ie at the signing of O’Brien, Wanderers manager said “We are absolutely delighted to get Mark to the club, he is well experienced and will add some steel to the midfield”

melvin
11/03/2010, 3:05 PM
another good signing adding a bit of experience. will he be able to play against galway?

total hoofball
11/03/2010, 4:15 PM
another good signing adding a bit of experience. will he be able to play against galway?

I take it then you've never actually seen the guy play because he is an absolutely awful footballer who even looked out of his depth in the first division at times. Athlone wouldn't sign him after he had a trial with them recently.

melvin
11/03/2010, 5:51 PM
I take it then you've never actually seen the guy play because he is an absolutely awful footballer who even looked out of his depth in the first division at times. Athlone wouldn't sign him after he had a trial with them recently.

your'e right i havent seen him play but reading how he had played for bohs ,rovers and shels i would have "thought" his experience in what is a pretty inexperienced team would benefit bray . however if athlone didnt want him after his trial, that is a bit worrying

Roo69
11/03/2010, 6:27 PM
Signed 19 year old Ger Rafter aswell today, he spent last season with Sligo

rocket
11/03/2010, 7:21 PM
Signed 19 year old Ger Rafter aswell today, he spent last season with Sligo
I tought we were looking for some experienced players.

nf08
12/03/2010, 8:25 PM
We are the Arsenal of the Airtricity League. Play the ball to death, lost game we should have won,