PDA

View Full Version : The Script breaking USA

galwayjames
06/03/2010, 4:47 PM
Just wondering what people think of The Script breaking the US atm?

Breakeven has climbed the Billboard Hot 100 charts every week since it debuted in early January and is currently at no. 19, up from no. 28 last week and is big on US radio.

Good chance of being big?

SkStu
06/03/2010, 5:07 PM
didnt they already have a huge hit this side (the north american one ;) ) of the atlantic?? Cant remember what it was called but it was very Maroon5-esque (draw your own conclusions on what that means!!).

Pauro 76
06/03/2010, 6:49 PM
Brilliant site for all the charts...

http://acharts.us/us_singles_top_100

I especially love the country and western song names in the lower reaches of the chart.

easton corbin
a little more country than that

billy currington
that's how country boys roll

MaryDrummer
06/03/2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah they have a pretty big fanbase over there already after "The Man Who Can't Be Moved"...

bennocelt
07/03/2010, 9:41 AM
Who cares about the Script, I want to know when Crystal Swing are going to break America?

juan
08/03/2010, 11:14 PM
I want to know when Crystal Swing are going to break America?

They already have cult following in the Deep South.

Am I the only one who dislikes the Script?

bennocelt
09/03/2010, 6:41 AM

No I am with you on this one

Lionel Ritchie
09/03/2010, 1:18 PM
as am I. They sound like natasha Bedingfield with testicles ...and yet somehow still no balls whatsoever.

Wolfie
10/03/2010, 12:59 PM
The Script: A vast cavern of blandness. A career band, who'll most likely make a fortune but will make no contribution to music.

The tendancy to adopt the vocal delivery style of Sting is the final insult.

When you consider what Damon Albarn has contributed to Pop Music on the new Gorrillaz album it puts these lot in context.

Mayo Red
22/03/2010, 8:35 AM
Who cares about the Script, I want to know when Crystal Swing are going to break America?

I'd be more interested in watching America break Crystal Swing, now that'd be entertainment!;)

Mayo Red
22/03/2010, 8:38 AM
The Script: A vast cavern of blandness. A career band, who'll most likely make a fortune but will make no contribution to music.

When you consider what Damon Albarn has contributed to Pop Music on the new Gorrillaz album it puts these lot in context.

I don't dislike The Script, neither do I particularly like them but that'd be a fair assessment alright I have to say.

Neish
23/03/2010, 6:36 PM

Nope can't stand them either, but their exactly the kinda bland middle of the road over produced c*ap that is loved in the States.

ken foree
30/03/2010, 8:01 PM

good god no. no one should adopt anything from (especially solo-era) sting