PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Gary
22/03/2004, 6:05 PM
Well, George Dubya is on his way to ireland. He is bringing his own secret service agents who will have full authority to shoot any member of the public they feel is a threat to their president!

Now, Im not that well versed in international law, but surely, apart from being absolutely f**ked up, is totally illegal. This priick is entering our contry, therefore bringing a threat of violence and terrorism with him. Is his safety, as an individual greater than that of an entire nation? Dont make me puke.

Anyone who feels that his visit will do anything but harm to this country is a misguided moron - stand up Bertie.

Swear to God, i hope his visit is cancelled. After whats happened recenmtly in Spain, its plain to see that no-one is safe from Bushs enemies, so what does Bertie do? he goes and shows solidarity with the worlds top war criminal.

The moment that man is removed from power (loses an election....whatever) is a great moment for humanity.

On a side note, it was interesting to hear Jack Straws commenst concerning the Israeli assasination of the Palestinian leader of Hamass (sp?). He, along with Balir felt that no country has a right to invade another causing terror. He seemed to forget that yesterday (sunday 21st) was the one yr anniversary of the "coalition against terror" invasion of Iraq.

:(

pete
23/03/2004, 12:29 PM
The tactics adopted by the Israelis in pursuit of their suspects is a serious world issue. The protection of George Bush is a puff of smoke.

Yeah the US President always brings his security with him & that ain't gonna change anytime soon. Does look like Bertie trying to step in a speace maker since Blair couldn't get the job done. Will probbaly be a big change for Dubya being out of the US where protestors are kept 1/2 away from Presidental route cos of "security" issues - nothing to do with avoiding looking at protestors plackards.

US is particularly pathetic at criticising Israel cos they pretty much doing the same thing themselves. When you lock up prisoners of war in Guantenemo & preemptively invade a Middle East country makes it hard to criticise Israel.

eoinh
23/03/2004, 1:02 PM
This is one of the biggest non stories ever.

It is a non story because diplomatic immunity is a principle that precedes Bertie, in fact it goes back to ancient Greece,

Yeah and look what happened to them

Peadar
23/03/2004, 1:03 PM
I'm not overly concerned by Bush and his goons. They've been with him all over the world and I've not yet heard of anyone being shot. The Gardaí will be in charge of security.
What concerns me is our lack of protection in the skies.
Our Air Corps aren't equipped to deal with a terrorist threat from the air.
I'd be pushing for NATO fighter jets to patrol the skies during such high profile visits.

shedite
23/03/2004, 2:03 PM
What concerns me is our lack of protection in the skies.
Our Air Corps aren't equipped to deal with a terrorist threat from the air.
I'd be pushing for NATO fighter jets to patrol the skies during such high profile visits.

Imagine the carnage if the Al Quieda decided to fly a plane into the spike. What an obvious target

pete
23/03/2004, 2:15 PM

Ah but we neutral remember... Wonder how concerned people would be about neutrality if announced we a target of foreign terrorists & no measn to defend ourselves...

1 good reason for EU defence!

liamon
23/03/2004, 3:24 PM
Swear to God, i hope his visit is cancelled. After whats happened recenmtly in Spain, its plain to see that no-one is safe from Bushs enemies, so what does Bertie do? he goes and shows solidarity with the worlds top war criminal. :(

I'm not a fan of Bertie or of Bush. But I can't agree with your post, for all the reasons outlined by others.

Plus:

Bertie is not showing solidarity with Bush. Instead, he's acting in accordance with the governments of the EU (including the anti-war French and German governments). Bush has visited France since the war and they didn't try to stop him visiting. This is a regular meeting involving heads of state from Europe and the USA. What do you suggest we do? Break off diplomatic relations with the US because we don’t like their leader?

Get real.

pete
25/03/2004, 2:32 PM
Latest Pics from Mars.