View Full Version : Geert Wilders

Deckydee
05/03/2010, 5:46 PM
So, gents, whats your view on this?

A new Europe?

superfrank
05/03/2010, 6:00 PM
Care to expand on what this is about?

Also, I'm aware Geert Wilders is a tool.

Deckydee
06/03/2010, 9:49 AM
Its about the leader of the PVV party who is about to come into power in the netherlands on June 9th. He will become the first far right leader in Europe in a long time..........maybe since...........

Just wondering what people think about this. Im very curious, its a huge change for Europe, a huge change.

ArdeeBhoy
06/03/2010, 9:59 PM
Let's hope he gets taken out ASAP. And that the Dutch aren't that racist or paranoid.

culloty82
07/03/2010, 7:25 AM
Dutch politics is even more fragmented than our own- at least three parties would be needed to form a government and thankfully, I seriously doubt even the centre-right parties would support him. The real danger is in Austria (large section of population voting for Holocaust deniers), Switzerland (recently banned mosques from building minarets) and Italy (the neofascists merged with Berlusconi's new party).

Deckydee
08/03/2010, 8:43 AM
What you have to remember is this:

What would drive the people of the netherlands to vote for him?

It comes down to that really

Dodge
08/03/2010, 10:59 AM
What would drive the people of the netherlands to vote for him?

Fear, the kind of fear he's been peddling for years.

Oh and he won't be in power in the Netherlands. 1 decent vote in 2 constituencies does not equate to a coup (and they're still scheduled to be only 3rd largest)

One of the rules of current affairs forums is that you must give your own opinion before starting a topic, so perhaps you'd like to do that?

Rasputin
10/03/2010, 12:37 AM
Fear, the kind of fear he's been peddling for years.

Oh and he won't be in power in the Netherlands. 1 decent vote in 2 constituencies does not equate to a coup (and they're still scheduled to be only 3rd largest)

One of the rules of current affairs forums is that you must give your own opinion before starting a topic, so perhaps you'd like to do that?
I think its fairly evident to see where his sympathies lie.

Dodge
10/03/2010, 9:31 AM
Agreed, but I hate this BS of posting something and then saying "thoughts?"

I mean if you're a big fan of Dutch rascism, just come out and say it

Deckydee
10/03/2010, 11:11 AM
To be honest I am quiet appalled looking at the responses I have received on this thread.

I have posted on this section a topic that has been one the most discussed and talked about events of the last week or so here in central Europe.

I have been on messageboards in Belgium, England and the Netherlands where people have openly and politely discussed this political development and the ramifications it can have for the future of Europe.

Seeing that politics is of great interest to me I have come on here (on a site where I mostly post in the Ireland forum), looked to post the same message in the current affairs section and see the responses of the mostly (I guess) Irish people on here.

Its lovely to see such responses as ‘tool’ and ‘BS’ being used in this section

This was my first post on the ‘Current Affairs’ section and my last

Dodge
10/03/2010, 11:18 AM
Read the rules, you can't post a topic unless you give your own opinion.

I too read political message boards in various countires, and I can assure you I've read far, far worse that "tool" and "BS"

dahamsta
10/03/2010, 12:37 PM
Like Dodge said, if you'd read the CA rules (http://foot.ie/threads/32644-Rules-amp-Info-Current-Affairs-ONLY-Please%21) and posted something of substance, you might have gotten something of substance back. If you do it again, you'll be banned from the CA forum.

If anyone would like to start a proper discussion on this subject, please do so in a new thread.