PDA

View Full Version : Thing i found in an About Ireland tourist guide

Pauro 76
22/03/2004, 4:48 PM
Stayed in a hostel in Edinburgh at the mo, came across a piece of info in the tourist guide about Ireland.... Popiular sports: Most Dublin people oddly enough tend to follow English teams more...." Embarrasing really.,,

A face
23/03/2004, 12:30 AM
Embarrasing really.,,

Tell me about it !!

NigeSausagepump
23/03/2004, 7:13 PM
Stayed in a hostel in Edinburgh at the mo, came across a piece of info in the tourist guide about Ireland.... Popiular sports: Most Dublin people oddly enough tend to follow English teams more...." Embarrasing really.,,

Aye.

Nobody anywhere else in the country supports Man U or Celtic :rolleyes:

A face
23/03/2004, 7:36 PM
Aye.

Nobody anywhere else in the country supports Man U or Celtic :rolleyes:

Maybe the guide book author thought there was nothing beyond the pale .... How wrong could any one person be !! They should have gone ot Cork to watch their football !! ;) :p

Macy
24/03/2004, 7:46 AM
Maybe the guide book author thought there was nothing beyond the pale .... How wrong could any one person be !! They should have gone ot Cork to watch their football !! ;) :p
Or maybe it was contained in a bit of the book about dublin :rolleyes:

Pauro 76
24/03/2004, 7:52 AM
It was a piece about just Dublin, the author seemed genuinely surprised that "Shamrock Rovers, Dublin's biggest team" and other local clubs didnt get a huge support from the rest of the city, and that Dublin people seemed to be more interested in Premiership and Scottish footy..... can see why he'd be shocked, if i went to say Portgual, and seen the locals talking about Spanish footy while ignoring their own league, id wonder why too....

John83
24/03/2004, 10:43 AM
if i went to say Portgual, and seen the locals talking about Spanish footy while ignoring their own league, id wonder why too....To be fair, the Portugese league is traditionally one fo the better ones in Europe, while we've never had a team past the second qualifying round. I know that if we had the fans... blah, blah, blah... but we don't and we don't have the results to attract them.