PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland Spread Betting

JC_GUFC
05/03/2010, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Spread Betting but the Irish Spread Betting site

www.sportsspread.com is starting to cover the League of Ireland Premier Division games this season to see if there's a market there for it.

For those unfamiliar with it I will use tonight's live game as an example.

Sportsspread have quoted a Bohs supremacy of 1.2 - 1.4 and total goals in the game of 2.3 - 2.5

Say you fancy Bohs to win easily tonight you might decide to "Buy" their supremacy at 1.4 for a stake of �10

This effectively means that you are staking �10 on each goal away from the spread the result is.

If Bohs lose by a goal their supremacy is -1, so you will lose -1 -1.4 * �10 = -�24
If Bohs only draw their supremacy is 0, so you will lose 0 - 1.4 * �10 = -�14
If Bohs win by a goal their supremacy is 1, so you will lose 1-1.4 * �10 = -�4
If Bohs win by 2 goals their supremacy is 2, so you will win 2-1.4 * �10 = �6
If Bohs win by 3 goals their supremacy is 3, so you will win 3-1.4 * �10 = �16
and so on...

Alternatively if you fancy Fingal to get a result you would "Sell" Bohs supremacy at 1.2

So again

If Fingal win by a goal their supremacy is 1 and you would win 1 + 1.2 * �10 = �22
If the game is a draw the supremacy is 0 and you would win 0 +1.2 * �10 = �12
If Bohs win by a goal Fingal's supremacy is -1 but you would still win -1+1.2 * �10 = �2
If Bohs win by 2 goals Fingal's supremacy is -2 and you would lose -2+1.2 * �10 = - �8
and so on

Similarly for the total goals if you think there will be lots you "buy" at 2.5 and if you think not then "sell" at 2.3

Obviously there is a risk that you lose more than what you stake but at the same time if you make the right call you can end up with big profits. Also as the biggest Spread Betting firm Sporting Index always say it's never boring when you have a spread bet as every goal matters.

Possibly the worst spread bet I've ever had was in the FA Cup earlier this season when Colchester, unbeaten in 21 games, went to Preston who were struggling in the Championship. I decided Colchester could get a result or at least keep it tight and that if I sold Preston supremacy at 0.7 I probably wouldn't be losing too much sleep.
I flicked off Soccer Saturday when after about an hour of the game gone Jeff Stelling was saying "There's another goal at Deepdale which makes it Preston 5 Colchester 0" - it finished 7-0.

If anyone wants any more information you can PM me or just reply on here - it's definitely not for everyone but it another dimension for betting and probably should be supported.

Dodge
05/03/2010, 10:50 AM
You might as well kep them here JC

I don't partake myself but a friend plays very regularly on shirt numbers (both in football and in the NFL). I can't tell you how happy he was when an unknown tight end wearing 89 scored 2 TDs in the last 3 minutes of a game erlier this year