PDA

View Full Version : New Away Strip?

Rasputin
04/03/2010, 2:13 PM
Arent we ment to be getting a new away strip this season? And does anyone know what it will look like?

redobit
04/03/2010, 2:44 PM
Personally I think this could become a good PR idea:

Get 3 jerseys, put them on view in a local shopping centre or somewhere, let people vote on their favourite, the jersey that gets the most votes - those people go in to a draw to win the jersey.

Would create good interaction with the public.

just a thought.

srfc1928
04/03/2010, 9:45 PM
Personally I think this could become a good PR idea:

Get 3 jerseys, put them on view in a local shopping centre or somewhere, let people vote on their favourite, the jersey that gets the most votes - those people go in to a draw to win the jersey.

Would create good interaction with the public.

just a thought.
Thats a good thought

Guts&Glory
04/03/2010, 11:16 PM
I will add that they could also ask all the schools to get their classes to design a jersey and submit them into a competition the best entry from each school wins a jersey, best design overall from all the schools is shortlisted as one of the three on display in the shopping centre.

Get primary and secondary schools involved, great thing for transition year classes, just drum up more interest as redobit said.

Go one step further and get the class who had their design shortlisted as guests of Rovers at a home game.

Guts&Glory
08/03/2010, 3:18 PM
True SB, if they dont commit to it the idea is pretty much dead in the water. Only other option is for the schools to run the competition and still have the curent home jersey prize and class prize to the competition winner and class.

On another idea what about a fundraiser selling tickets to name one of the Shogies stands.

Swindon did it last season (their away supporters end) and it raised a good few quid. Naturally the name would have to be passable/non offensive. Say € 50 or € 100 tickets or even € 1,000 for a business entry and you get to name the main stand for a season.

Welcome to the Showgrounds, the The Forza Stand is now full, can all those now entering the ground make their way to the Railway End (or north terrace as they were calling it on Saturday night!).

Guts&Glory
08/03/2010, 10:14 PM
I wasn't having a go at anyone I was just throwing ideas out there - that's all.

For example if the jersey idea is restricted by Jako selection of jerseys invite the school classes to design a Christmas card, Flag/Banner etc. events that can run throughout the year (say once a quarter) to keep the interest going.

Another one is where cookie gets an aer arran flight to Barcelona convinces Pep to loan us Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and Rovers win the Champions League in 2011.........a bit far fetched??? :D