PDA

View Full Version : Bray V Dundalk

Grasshopper 99
04/03/2010, 9:06 AM
So what do use all reckon, what score will we win and how many seats will the away fans break this time?

peadar1987
04/03/2010, 10:33 AM
First match thread of the season. I'm getting excited already!

I'm going with 2-1 Wanderers, and the away fans wil try and top Shams by pushing over a floodlight!

Grasshopper 99
04/03/2010, 12:22 PM
I like it

Dillonman
04/03/2010, 1:10 PM
Whats your squad looking like atm, have ye signed any more players this week? We have a huge crowd heading your way tomorrow night lads so lets hope theres no crowd congestion. I know of at least 4 buses heading as well as alot getting trains from town and darts from Dublin and several are taking car loads. Role on tomorrow night.

Hulsey
04/03/2010, 3:26 PM
Whats your squad looking like atm, have ye signed any more players this week? We have a huge crowd heading your way tomorrow night lads so lets hope theres no crowd congestion. I know of at least 4 buses heading as well as alot getting trains from town and darts from Dublin and several are taking car loads. Role on tomorrow night.

Signed Robbie Doyle today and have more training with us, hopefully one or two more confirmed later today

Lilywhite Army
05/03/2010, 12:27 AM
going to bray early tomorrow to shop..were should i park

centre mid
05/03/2010, 8:32 AM
Dundrum town centre.

There are two car parks off the main st, if your turn right at the Royal Hotel (the left had turn brings you down to the Carlisle Grounds) there is a car park about 100 yds up the hiill on your left. Alternatively if your turn left at the Royal Hotel then take the next two right hand turns you can park on in the Florence Rd car park (think its called the Florentine Centre). There is some parking along the roads also but either of those car parks puts you right on the main st.

Bray Head
05/03/2010, 9:32 AM
going to bray early tomorrow to shop..were should i park

Park in the Carlisle Grounds car park. €1 a hour or €5 for the day.

Grasshopper 99
05/03/2010, 9:49 AM
carlisle grounds car park is closed for the public and fans from 4 o clock, only match officials and home officials are allowed to park in there.

centre mid
05/03/2010, 10:47 AM
I suppose Gras-Shopper 99 should be able to give the best advice on this - I'll get my coat.

Hulsey
05/03/2010, 12:55 PM
I suppose Gras-Shopper 99 should be able to give the best advice on this - I'll get my coat.

Thank god the footballs back

naoise kennedy
05/03/2010, 10:05 PM
great game, robbie showed some great touches and had a fantastic game, as did shane o neill, ok he missed a few chances and we could have won 3-0 but nobody can knock his atitude or commitment,, shield also had a great game,, kavanagh seemed a bit quiet but it was his first real game..philly unlucky to go off so early but nicky took his chance and played very well as did the rest of the defense,,

the only negative i have was jake i think he had a bad game, kept loosing the ball maybe tyrell might have been a better choice.. dundalk are playing in europe this year and we held them and should have won, so all in all a very satisfing game..

rocket
05/03/2010, 10:32 PM
Really unlucky not to come away with at least a point. After all thats been said about Robbie Doyle i tought he worked really hard and given time i think him and oneill could form a really good partnership up front. Daire Doyle and Nicky Byrne have been making mistakes in pre season and continue to do so and thats a bit of a worry;but a really good performance overall .

Dillonman
05/03/2010, 11:02 PM
Jaysus lads, I do not know how we got out of there with all 3 points, ye played some really good stuff, that young lad up front will be a very very good player ina few years. Our keeper was by far MOTM.

Stevo Da Gull
06/03/2010, 12:01 AM
It was a bit of a sickener all right. Good luck in Europe this year, and be sure to bring as many fans next time.
Don't know what to say really. You can't fault the players for effort. If we play like that and take our chances we'll be grand, if not, were screwed - but that's just common sense. Plenty of positives, hopefully we'll have points to go with it this time next week!

tippex
06/03/2010, 12:37 PM
Have to agree.
Plenty of positives.
Baker is certainly going to give us something different.
Robbie worked his socks off last night.
O'neill is going to terrorise defenders he just needs to get that experience for the finish.

My big concern is at the back we really still need a keeper and 2 centre backs.

Captain2007
06/03/2010, 12:49 PM
Have to agree.
Plenty of positives.
Baker is certainly going to give us something different.
Robbie worked his socks off last night.
O'neill is going to terrorise defenders he just needs to get that experience for the finish.

My big concern is at the back we really still need a keeper and 2 centre backs.

We have Dave Webster (injured) to come in and play Centre Back strong lad good in the air and distributes the ball well from the Back, Dave O Neill also out injured would be a stronger than Kavanagh in Centre Midfield, Baker & Doyle did well on their debuts, definately need a Keeper, I think we might suprise a few teams this season in the Carlisle.

lostinbrum
06/03/2010, 1:49 PM
Managed to be home for first match. Was disappointed when thought they were playing away at Derry, so bit of a bonus to get a change to a home game.

Agree that was a tough loss to take. Didn't deserve that. I thought the midfield went a bit missing in the second half...or at least the last 20 minutes. Every ball from defense seemed to be a big hoof hoping the young lad up front could get on the end of something. He was unlucky at times I thought. Pity he didn't get that late chance he had when still 0-0. It was a good move and he created the space well.

Still...not all as doom and gloom as it seemed a month ago.

Grey Boy
06/03/2010, 4:42 PM
Lots of positives. I thought Shane O Connor had rocky enough start but was great for 75 mins. Who was the guy who came on for Knight, he also had a good game. Robbie and Shane O neill both worked like Trojans, they'll give teams some problems. Someone mentioned Daire Doyle being a bit suspect, I don't agree, thought he had one of his better games. I thought Baker was a bit quiet though. This season may not be as bad as I feared. Be nice to get some points on the board pretty quickly though and get a bit of confidence and momentum.

Martinho II
06/03/2010, 5:07 PM
Lots of positives. I thought Shane O Connor had rocky enough start but was great for 75 mins. Who was the guy who came on for Knight, he also had a good game. Robbie and Shane O neill both worked like Trojans, they'll give teams some problems. Someone mentioned Daire Doyle being a bit suspect, I don't agree, thought he had one of his better games. I thought Baker was a bit quiet though. This season may not be as bad as I feared. Be nice to get some points on the board pretty quickly though and get a bit of confidence and momentum.

I assume richies goin part time this season...

BrayUnknowns
06/03/2010, 6:56 PM
Jaysus lads, I do not know how we got out of there with all 3 points, ye played some really good stuff, that young lad up front will be a very very good player ina few years. Our keeper was by far MOTM.

You telling me ! injury time winner with your first attempt on target, gutted !

We should have won comfortably on the night but didn't take our cances, poor O'Neill had an off night but really positive that he got himself in the positions, it will happen for him and i hope he keeps plugging away. He's head dropped after missing his 2nd chance but in time and experience he will be one of the Leagues best and could go onto bigger things if he listens and takes everything on board. Baker was quite enough i though, Doyle worked his socks off as usual.

Massey'd distribution was shocking all night, he had a very off night.

Can't understand why the ref did'nt let Shane have the advantage for being clipped, he stayed on his feet and put the ball in the net, why not allow play to go on for 3 seconds ?

Stevo Da Gull
06/03/2010, 8:07 PM

I reckon so. No full-timers on our books this season as far as I know.

Dunny
06/03/2010, 8:10 PM

Was he not part time with Shels last season? Surley he was..?

notever
07/03/2010, 10:45 AM
It was a cracking game the two new signings did eally well and worked very hard.It was a sickenr to lose, but I am more optimistic now than I was a week ago.We can only get better so roll on Galway really looking forward to it.I wonder will many travel.......we need the Bray fans to get behind the team they were very quiet on Friday the Dundalk fans made all the noise while wrecking the seats tey are almost as good as Bohs fans at that........

notever
07/03/2010, 10:46 AM
:ball:It was a cracking game the two new signings did really well and worked very hard.It was a sickener to lose, but I am more optimistic now than I was a week ago.We can only get better so roll on Galway, really looking forward to it.I wonder will many travel.......we need the Bray fans to get behind the team they were very quiet on Friday the Dundalk fans made all the noise while wrecking the seats they are almost as good as Bohs fans at that........

Dundalkjames
07/03/2010, 8:51 PM
TBH alot of the seats were broken before we were there

SupaJon
08/03/2010, 9:20 AM
The Dundalk fans were excellent in the amount of noise they created!

Didn't notice them wrecking any seats though.....

peadar1987
08/03/2010, 11:08 AM
TBH alot of the seats were broken before we were there

That was from your visit last season ;)

KK77
08/03/2010, 11:35 AM
:ball:It was a cracking game the two new signings did really well and worked very hard.It was a sickener to lose, but I am more optimistic now than I was a week ago.We can only get better so roll on Galway, really looking forward to it.I wonder will many travel.......we need the Bray fans to get behind the team they were very quiet on Friday the Dundalk fans made all the noise while wrecking the seats they are almost as good as Bohs fans at that........

Exactly what i was saying. We need as many as possible to travel far too many supposed die hards who never travel to aways outside of Dublin.