PDA

View Full Version : Away to Galway

Grasshopper 99
04/03/2010, 8:58 AM
The Supporters Club will run a bus to the away match in Galway on Friday 12th March.
The bus will depart from Superquinn Shopping centre at 2.00pm.
Fares are €25 (Adults), €15 (Schoolchild) & €10 (Child). Seats must be booked in advance from the supporters club on 0879968969

You might be wondering why the prices are so higher this season and its because of the people who book onto the bus and never turn up or cancel there seat in advance, so for example going to sligo in a 52 seater with 45 seats booked to ending up still on that bus with only 20 people onboard, when there could have been a smaller bus (26 seater) arranged which would have been cheaper to run. The more people who go on the buses the better chance the price will drop, so lads and girls (majority are on here) when you book make sure you can go and if not cancel no less than 2 days in advance.

Hulsey
04/03/2010, 12:00 PM
Is that game not monday 15th? Fixture list on loi website states it is

Grasshopper 99
04/03/2010, 12:21 PM
No its on the friday, its a misprint.

gufcfan
04/03/2010, 8:01 PM
The FAI just copy and replaced Bray Wanderers into Cork's fixtures in the Premier and vice-versa.

Would anyone here be willing to contribute a few words to our match programme.

Short questionnaire type thing. Any interested parties can send me a PM.

Cabinteelygull
07/03/2010, 2:32 PM
Is that €15 schoolchild a student fare? What i mean is what age category does it fall under? Might make the trip for this one hopefully there are good numbers gong! :)

Bray Wanderers Supporters Club
08/03/2010, 8:00 AM
The Supporters Club will run a bus to Galway provided we get enough people going on it. Please book by Wednesday.
Fares are €20 (Adults), €15 (Secondary School child) & €10 (Child under 15). Seats must be booked in advance from the supporters club on 0879968969.

KK77
08/03/2010, 9:53 AM
Many going down to this?? Come on we need as many travelling to aways this season to get behind Eddie and the lads. And by aways i mean games outside of Dublin!

peadar1987
08/03/2010, 11:16 AM
If the bus is full, you can get the Go Bus from town for a tenner each way (might be cheaper with a student travel card). It's only a little more, and Galway is a cracking night out for after the game as well. NUIG girls are easier than Junior Cert CSPE! ;)

Cabinteelygull
08/03/2010, 4:36 PM
I'm convinced!! How many people will it take for the bus to run, i'm going to try persuade a few more to go....

Hulsey
08/03/2010, 6:24 PM
After the showing against Dundalk I'm really optimistic that we can get a result upo in Galway. Everyone who's available to go should make an effort to, plus Fibbers up in eyre squares one of the best away pubs imo. Last time was up there had 2 for 1s on long island ice tea's. Happy days

Hulsey
09/03/2010, 8:47 PM
Just got a text there saying no bus going to Galway. After a great performance last week from a very inexperienced team who only knew their opposition less than a week before the kick off its very disappointing that more people aren't making the effort to support the lads

peadar1987
09/03/2010, 10:06 PM
Just got a text there saying no bus going to Galway. After a great performance last week from a very inexperienced team who only knew their opposition less than a week before the kick off its very disappointing that more people aren't making the effort to support the lads

www.gobus.ie

€18 for a student return, €20 for an adult, €15 for an under 15. (I don't work for go bus, I just worked in Galway for a few weeks last summer, and it's the easiest and cheapest way of getting there if your sister has stolen your car because she hates you)

KK77
10/03/2010, 9:36 AM

Are you really surprised by this?

KR's Post
10/03/2010, 10:02 AM
That attitude is why i fell outta love with the club. Do what we did few years back and book your own bus!

Eoingull
10/03/2010, 11:02 PM
Considering the (usually poor) numbers that go to away games, I think we have been spoiled at Bray over the years. It would appear to me that the club has tried it's best to promote a culture of supporters attending away matches, but the numbers have just not been there. Ireland's not that big, and it's not that complicated. Take Peadar's advice and get the bus over and back yerselves!!! Last season I did Leeds-Dublin-Derry-Dublin-Leeds by myself to get to the match where we were finally relegated.

naoise kennedy
13/03/2010, 12:14 PM
ok we lost last night but lets hope the heads don't drop,, galway got two good goals, eddie saw the problem and changed nicky for philly.. listening to galway fm it sounded like we were much better in the second half, made more chances and could have got a goal or two, lets not forget that this was a team for the first division and it take time..

melvin
13/03/2010, 12:28 PM
read the league of ireland website this morning and it said bray played very well and missed a great chance at the end. i think in the next few weeks as this team starts to gel this could become a good side very capable of taking a few big scalps.

BrayUnknowns
13/03/2010, 1:34 PM
Galway got to goals from Bray defensive errors. We started well and Doyle scored a cracking volley but was given offside, i was walking down to the seats at the time he struck it and he didn't look offside. After about 15 minutes of towing and frowing Galway got on top and were the better side. There first goal was a lucky break of the ball from Kane making a decent save and there second goal he had a chance to clear it but it was fluffed. We came back into the game with about 6 or 7 minutes t go in the first half and got a deserved goal, we should have then equalised just on half time but the chance was wasted. Galway should have had a peno in the first half as well from a Massey tackle.

We came out much brighter in the 2nd half and were for most of it by far the better side, we created enough chances to win the game, very similar to the Dundalk game really. Galway played the half on the counter attack and the long ball over the top all night long, it worked for them until we brought Knight on, who made a smahing goal saving tackle mid-way through the 2nd half. That was one of only 2 chances Galway had in the 2nd half.

Again, everyone who a huge effort in and ran themselves int the ground. Knight, Shields and Doyle really stood out for me, the amount they put in was brilliant. Doyle had chances to score and should have scored with the chance near the end, it was a case of it hitting the kepper with the ball, not actually saving it.

Overall on the last minutes of the first half and the whole 2nd half we deserved to take something form the game, we just need to start taking our chances. Even though Galway scored two, Ryan was the busier keeper making saves.

On another note, Heary is just shocking for Galway, no pace and was caught out several times, he was very lucky to stay on the pitch for an off the ball Eblow on Shane O'Neill.

Just a word on our "fans" down there at the game last night. Fair play to the very few who made the trip. But..... jesus we have some clowns supporting us! i was begining to think some of them didn't know anything about Football with the stuff they were coming out with. slagging our own players, whats that all about? I thought supporters were supposed to support.

I really think people are forgetting that our pre season was set up for the first division, the team was set up for the first division. We had pretty much NO time to prepare for the Premier Division. We ya's give them time to settle FFS

naoise kennedy
13/03/2010, 1:59 PM
I really think people are forgetting that our pre season was set up for the first division, the team was set up for the first division. We had pretty much NO time to prepare for the Premier Division. We ya's give them time to settle FFS ...

well said....it really sounds like we gave a good performance in the second half, give them time..

Hulsey
13/03/2010, 9:58 PM
Just a word on our "fans" down there at the game last night. Fair play to the very few who made the trip. But..... jesus we have some clowns supporting us! i was begining to think some of them didn't know anything about Football with the stuff they were coming out with. slagging our own players, whats that all about? I thought supporters were supposed to support.

I really think people are forgetting that our pre season was set up for the first division, the team was set up for the first division. We had pretty much NO time to prepare for the Premier Division. We ya's give them time to settle FFS

Just out of interest what was being said or who was this directed at?

notever
14/03/2010, 12:25 PM
We started very well but after Robbies snap shot was just wide we lost our way and their long high balls were causing us all sorts of problems until Eddie changed things and then when we settled we were the best team. But yet again we will feel like we should have got somehing out of the game, but we cannot blame the efforts of the players they have been great in the two games so far. So I say, get behind the team and hopefull they will be able to turn it around.

Cabinteelygull
14/03/2010, 3:50 PM
Same story as last week in terms of not taking our chances, but a lot of positives to take from the performance. Was very impressed by Knight's determination when he came on, as mentioned before his intro defo made a huge difference. On the subject of these 'clowns', I didn't hear any stupid comments or the like, in fact we were very quiet most of the game that's not to say they werent made but anyone who makes the effort to support the team in Galway when there is no bus running is ok in my book. People have opinions on the team they are going to voice them at the matches, that's football!

gufcfan
14/03/2010, 11:50 PM
Highlights of Galway United v Bray Wanderers

High Definition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVNx3dOvYE&fmt=22

Normal Quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVNx3dOvYE

Roo69
15/03/2010, 11:31 AM
Heard a few silly comments myself but each to their own. I personally wouldn't agree that just because people had to make their own way down to Galway means it gives them the right to slag their own players off, but as i said - each to their own.

"People have opinions on the team they are going to voice them at the matches, that's football!" Having opinions on football is different to having opinions on indvidual players and their hair ! that has nothing to do with football and is showing a lack of support for the TEAM.

I just think with the pre season we have had and with the bunch of young lads we have out playing for us that we need to be as supportive as possible at all times.

I cna't wait till they all settle in and get to grips with the Premier, really could upset a few teams along the way. The 2 games so far have been so encouraging and there is a lot more to come for them.

Stevo Da Gull
15/03/2010, 2:30 PM
If games were decided on the 'balance of play' and chances created then we would probably have 4 points by now. I thought Knight and O'Neill were our stand-outs, while Doyle and Baker looked sharper than last week.

Regarding abuse of players. I heard a few things said amongst people, but nothing really directed/shouted so that the players could hear it. The most critical comment I made on the night was that our defence looked poor, but Knight made a huge difference there.

Looking forward to the Fingal game!

rocket
15/03/2010, 3:15 PM
people are forgetting the first game this team played together was against Dundalk 2 weeks ago, im more optimistic of this team doing well this season than i have been for the past few seasons, these younglads are playing good football,and dont seem to fear any team, no doubt the results will come.