04/03/2010, 8:58 AM
Enjoy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP8DcgyaiNY&feature=related

pineapple stu
04/03/2010, 9:05 AM
UK calcio?!

Sandro
04/03/2010, 12:31 PM
Looks like a home made show probably directed to some amateur website on the net. The speaker, definitly a southern guy from his accent, talks about the start of the new league and appears to be very well informed about the latest news (he's not reading). He introduced the special saying that his program covers all soccer related facts beyond the channel, not just football in the UK. Nice thing.

peadar1987
04/03/2010, 1:01 PM
UK calcio?!

Nice to see someone who thinks that Ireland is a part of the UK, instead of the usual football supporters who claim large swathes of the UK are somehow Irish!

galwayjames
04/03/2010, 3:19 PM
Nice to see someone who thinks that Ireland is a part of the UK, instead of the usual football supporters who claim large swathes of the UK are somehow Irish!

wow, i didn't know the six counties were that big ;)

John83
04/03/2010, 4:01 PM
It's bizarrely common. I've met educated Spanish people who had no idea that Ireland was an independent country. I can accept it in someone from Singapore or India - someone for whom we're a small place far away, but Europeans? I don't get it.

Mr A
04/03/2010, 4:25 PM
It's bizarrely common. I've met educated Spanish people who had no idea that Ireland was an independent country. I can accept it in someone from Singapore or India - someone for whom we're a small place far away, but Europeans? I don't get it.

Yeah, I was speaking to a Czechoslovakian guy the other day and he made the same mistake. You really have to wonder about the education system in some countries.

GUFCghost
04/03/2010, 4:40 PM
Looks like a home made show probably directed to some amateur website on the net. The speaker, definitly a southern guy from his accent, talks about the start of the new league and appears to be very well informed about the latest news (he's not reading). He introduced the special saying that his program covers all soccer related facts beyond the channel, not just football in the UK. Nice thing.

Wait a minute,you are ukcalico!

peadar1987
04/03/2010, 8:10 PM

I can top that. A significant minority of people over here think Ireland is part of the UK in the same way as Scotland or Wales. And when you gently correct them (and I actually did do it gently the first few times!) they get all offended and pull the "nobody cares" response on you.

osarusan
04/03/2010, 8:13 PM
Not sure it "tops" it, but my colleague in Japan, a Liverpudlian, was asked by a member of the US military stationed there what language they spoke in England.

Sandro
05/03/2010, 2:35 PM
Wait a minute,you are ukcalico!

:confused: