PDA

View Full Version : ''Its a Funny Olde Game''

Proctector
02/03/2010, 7:50 PM
not to sure if i,m right lads ?? but is it true pike got there game against star moved to thursday week so wayne colbert can serve his ban and play in the next round of the FAI providing the win sunday.?? the phrase green and white tinted glasses come,s to mind.. :mad:

Blackpanther
02/03/2010, 9:14 PM
not to sure if i,m right lads ?? but is it true pike got there game against star moved to thursday week so wayne colbert can serve his ban and play in the next round of the FAI providing the win sunday.?? the phrase green and white tinted glasses come,s to mind.. :mad:

Id be surprised if that is true surely LDMC would not allow that just to suit Pike, I can never remember Lawson games being played mid week , if they do allow it its not right, one rule for one and one for everyone else.

abbeyvale
02/03/2010, 9:54 PM
Id be surprised if that is true surely LDMC would not allow that just to suit Pike, I can never remember Lawson games being played mid week , if they do allow it its not right, one rule for one and one for everyone else.

First Ive heard of it....................if it is true, where would the game be played? Definitely not Jackman Park, as Limerick play their first home game of the season the day after on Friday 12th March, so thats a no no.

Blackpanther
02/03/2010, 11:57 PM
First Ive heard of it....................if it is true, where would the game be played? Definitely not Jackman Park, as Limerick play their first home game of the season the day after on Friday 12th March, so thats a no no.

why is it a no no, you seem to be forgetting Limerick dont own Jackman, junior clubs do so they have no say who plays there and when. anyway watched the game there last thurs night and the pitch was an absolute disgrace.

abbeyvale
03/03/2010, 9:58 AM
why is it a no no, you seem to be forgetting Limerick dont own Jackman, junior clubs do so they have no say who plays there and when. anyway watched the game there last thurs night and the pitch was an absolute disgrace.

I understand that, but I just cant see the LDMC playing a game on a pitch thats already in a poor state, 24hrs before Limerick's opener, and anyway, who said Star would agree to it, which would mean giving up home advantage to do Pike a favour (if all of the above is true).

BigfeetBigsocks
03/03/2010, 10:04 AM
I understand that, but I just cant see the LDMC playing a game on a pitch thats already in a poor state, 24hrs before Limerick's opener, and anyway, who said Star would agree to it, which would mean giving up home advantage to do Pike a favour (if all of the above is true).

I would agree about jackman not being avaiable, i would say they would be more looking at hogan pk but as you say abbeyvale only if both teams agree

redcardrory
03/03/2010, 3:27 PM

that match could be played on a wednesday nite,cos you can't have a match on it 24 hours before a league of ireland but you can have a match 48 hours before hand in jackman plus hogan park is in bad condition and i can't see hill celtic give permission to pike to play on it

francesco_1
08/03/2010, 8:55 PM
that match could be played on a wednesday nite,cos you can't have a match on it 24 hours before a league of ireland but you can have a match 48 hours before hand in jackman plus hogan park is in bad condition and i can't see hill celtic give permission to pike to play on it

Its on in hogan park alright.

francesco_1
09/03/2010, 10:08 AM
i just heard the match is fixed for thursday nite,that pitch is not great.it's a long week for pike they are playing thursday nite(lawson),sunday(fai away) and tuesday nite(touhy cup final)

The lighting in the shed end of Hogan park in not working properly if it gets dark early you wont be able to see a thing.