PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket sales ideas

Dixie Dean
27/02/2010, 10:00 AM
- During application process get an email address and/or home address from applicant. During off-season email (cheap) or write to all for renewal reminders.

- Offer online option for purchasing - i cant see any mention of season tickets on the website

- Offer all season ticket holders the option of bringing one child in free

- Offer direct debit option so 200 euro doesnt have to be paid up front.

- Offer season ticket holders club membership

- Consider bringing the price down to get upfront cash now. * This may not be realistic.

I was a season ticket holder last year but havent renewed. This is just because i havent got around to it yet, but i have had no correspondence from the club either.

The reason for this post is because i noticed Shams have sold nearly 2500 sesaon tickets which is unbelieveable when you consider we have sold about 100 and we like to think of oursleves as been well supported.

Up front money to the club is essential.

roversforever
28/02/2010, 8:15 AM
I don't like having a go at people running the club because i know they're busy people but they have no idea about selling season tickets. I've had a season ticket for the last 3 or 4 years and never once have i been approached to see if i want to buy one for the new season. Surely it can't be hard to get a name and number or address when people buy a season ticket and then give them a quick phone call or send them a letter the following year. I don't want to name names but i rang a person within the club and i was told he'd drop the ticket in to me. I was still waiting about 2 weeks later and if i hadn't made a second phone call im pretty sure id still be waiting.

red arrow
28/02/2010, 8:25 AM
my answer to the above posts is please come on board and help out. the club needs help, we all know that mistakes are made. if you want to help out pleae contact me at 087 2388215 michael clancy

roversforever
28/02/2010, 8:55 AM
my answer to the above posts is please come on board and help out. the club needs help, we all know that mistakes are made. if you want to help out pleae contact me at 087 2388215 michael clancy

To be honest michael my work wouldn't allow me to get involved,i hardly have time to visit my own family at the moment!!!As i said im not having a go at anybody,as sales are down i just wanted to bring the issues to light. A database of regular buyers,if contacted during pre season,would surely see more ticket sales?

Real Rover
28/02/2010, 2:06 PM
I want to buy a season ticket this week. Could somebody please tell me the cost of a student ticket, the places I can buy one and basically what games it entitles me access to (league, cup, EUROPE???)

Real Rover
28/02/2010, 2:57 PM
Thanks very much Rovers1

red arrow
28/02/2010, 6:12 PM
no problem rovers forever. i just feel if we could get a few more( 5 or 6 good people) to come on board it would make the situation so much easier. i spoke to kevin lydon last night at the match and he is doing tremendous work and has brought a very professional approach to the club. i myself am involved in the 400 club & 100 euro lotto card (2 x 4 sets of numbers for the whole year for 100euro great value) and i also help out paddy houze with the maintenance of the ground. all this can take time but i enjoy it & i get a great sense of pride when the club are doing well. the club is always looking for good & positive people to come on board. i feel we have huge potential to go places and have a fine ground to boot nad if the team are doing well this can be the catalyst to success but at the end of the day we need more help. i'm not on the main committe (only the 400 club committe) but by being involved in the other things i can see that more good people are needed.

bingoballs
28/02/2010, 7:04 PM
just a thought but if the club were to take phase payments for season tickets for next season it might be an idea. For example, if they were to take 20 euro per month over 12 months on a standing order and repeat it the following year. It would make life easier then having to fork out the full ammount on the spot.

gustavo
28/02/2010, 11:06 PM
just a thought but if the club were to take phase payments for season tickets for next season it might be an idea. For example, if they were to take 20 euro per month over 12 months on a standing order and repeat it the following year. It would make life easier then having to fork out the full ammount on the spot.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a season ticket though

avvenalaf
01/03/2010, 1:02 AM

Why don't you save 20 per month this year and you'll have the price of the ticket next year?

bingoballs
01/03/2010, 5:48 AM
Why don't you save 20 per month this year and you'll have the price of the ticket next year?

Because the club are getting the money instead of the bank.

bingoballs
01/03/2010, 5:54 AM
Kinda defeats the purpose of a season ticket though

I just think it would be easier to pay a fiver a week ao twenty per month as opposed to paying the full ammount around or shortly after christmas when things are tight for everybody(especially me).

avvenalaf
01/03/2010, 11:05 AM
I just think it would be easier to pay a fiver a week ao twenty per month as opposed to paying the full ammount around or shortly after christmas when things are tight for everybody(especially me).

The purpose of selling season tickets is to raise capital for the start of the season, not to facilitate fans paying over the year. If you don't want to buy a season ticket, pay full whack at the gate, give a fiver to the raffle and buy a programme. That way, over a season, yyou are giving more than a season ticket in money to the club. Mind you, a season ticket entitles you to a stand seat at a cup final (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

neutrino
01/03/2010, 11:43 AM

An phased payment or payment scheme for season tickets would bring a hugh amount of overhead in terms of administration. The club seem light on numbers and this would create alot of work. what's stopping someone doing a direct debit and then cancelling 3/4 payments in and still use their season ticket ? very hard thing to control.

I think the other ideas by DIXIE have plenty of merit - I'd say sales are down becuase of the club cant give the time to pushing it. I dont think the price is prohibitive. it just's needs marketing and pushing. The website offers enormous potential but again is highly time consuming. If the numbers were there, people could have one dedicated job to do and do it well but as it is numerous people work on all areas across the club just to keep it going.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
01/03/2010, 5:51 PM
To be honest michael my work wouldn't allow me to get involved,i hardly have time to visit my own family at the moment!!!As i said im not having a go at anybody,as sales are down i just wanted to bring the issues to light. A database of regular buyers,if contacted during pre season,would surely see more ticket sales?

Good to see you're getting priorities right and making sure you have time to spend on forum. Forum > Family.

roversforever
01/03/2010, 7:12 PM
Good to see you're getting priorities right and making sure you have time to spend on forum. Forum > Family.

Forum during work time!anything else?