PDA

View Full Version : P.F.A.I. Guide & Official Star Guide For Season 2010 ?

Pages : [1] 2

Iorfa2MaccaJim
26/02/2010, 8:03 PM
Hi lads.

With the big kick off this night week, has there been any word in The Irish Daily Mirror on the P.F.A.I. Guide, or in The Star on their Official Guide for the new season ?

soccerc
26/02/2010, 8:48 PM
Official League mag from the Star will be distributed next week. It's a 60 page production and looks very good

Buile Shuibhne
27/02/2010, 8:00 AM
Presumably the usual guides & mags are delayed this year, as the line-ups for the leagues were only confirmed 3 days ago on Wednesday.

Shedzer
27/02/2010, 11:32 AM
Official League mag from the Star will be distributed next week. It's a 60 page production and looks very good

What day is this out not in the country at the minute?

Martinho II
28/02/2010, 5:27 PM

thats great news....

gael353
28/02/2010, 8:14 PM
i cant wait for the PFAI one. it usually supplies me with laughs from page to page and with giant photos of past players in differing teams colours the more and more the little they know of teams ie the first division

Paddyfield
28/02/2010, 8:54 PM
There are always loads of mistake. Players names spelled wrong, photos of players playing for a previous club, defunct club crests, incorrect website addresses and phone numbers and basic incorrect information etc.

Shedzer
28/02/2010, 11:32 PM
Yes but when is it out does anyone actually know?

bluemovie
01/03/2010, 4:40 PM
Probably Friday.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
01/03/2010, 9:13 PM
The P.F.A.I. Guide is out on Thursday.

I'm afraid I don't know when the Official Guide in The Star is out ?

galwayjames
03/03/2010, 5:49 PM
where can i get it?

DmanDmythDledge
03/03/2010, 5:59 PM
where can i get it?
The shop.

galwayjames
03/03/2010, 6:01 PM
never seen it in a shop.

newsagents?

Acornvilla
03/03/2010, 6:20 PM
the mirror has one out tommorow or am i mistaken??

Mento
03/03/2010, 6:23 PM
Official Star one out on Monday
Had to be put back due to new sponsors and Cork saga etc

Iorfa2MaccaJim
03/03/2010, 6:46 PM
Thanks Mento.

Yeah Acornvilla, the one in the Mirror tomorrow is the P.F.A.I. Guide.

mick dundee
03/03/2010, 6:54 PM
i just seen a add on the telly there. The pfai guide to the new season is free with the mirror tommrow along with a pocket fixture guide

showgies
04/03/2010, 8:36 AM
There is League Guide in the Irish Sun today

Youths4Ever
04/03/2010, 9:34 AM
got the one in the mirror today and one word "terrible" and that is being nice about it way too many mistakes

Jofspring
04/03/2010, 9:57 AM
The mini fixture guide with the mirror is only for premier and i noticed the picture of Sean Kelly for Limerick is wrong. There might be mistakes but at least there are guides.

Dodge
04/03/2010, 9:57 AM
got the one in the mirror today and one word "terrible" and that is being nice about it way too many mistakes

More than one word in that reply...

Might see can i pick up a copy later. IN fairness to the Mirror, at least they advertised the thing

Dillonman
04/03/2010, 10:39 AM
Yeha go it myself and its pretty crap to say the least, not exactly up to date as Faz signed for us last Thursday and isnt doww in our squad list!

holidaysong
04/03/2010, 11:02 AM
The worst mistake is the UCD squad, it's just a reprint of the St. Pat's team.

pineapple stu
04/03/2010, 11:05 AM
Easy mistake to make in fairness; in reality, it's the Pat's squad that's just a reprint of our old team.

Mr A
04/03/2010, 11:08 AM
I can see the headlines now:

"FRESH DUAL CONTRACT FIASCO HITS LOI!" (Mirror)

"SINN FEIN TO BLAME FOR LOI SQUADS DEBACLE- COUGHLAN" (Echo)

"" (Irish Times)

Longfordian
04/03/2010, 11:17 AM
I can see the headlines now:

"FRESH DUAL CONTRACT FIASCO HITS LOI!" (Mirror)

"SINN FEIN TO BLAME FOR LOI SQUADS DEBACLE- COUGHLAN" (Echo)

"Belvo take on 'Rock in Schools decider" (Irish Times)

Fixed that for you Mr A.

harpstilidie
04/03/2010, 11:25 AM
The mini fixture guide with the mirror is only for premier and i noticed the picture of Sean Kelly for Limerick is wrong. There might be mistakes but at least there are guides.

Premier only? Might not bother wasting my money on it now.

Jofspring
04/03/2010, 11:38 AM
Premier only? Might not bother wasting my money on it now.

Has previews of the First Division though. The Sun only has previews of the Premier. So if anyone is think which one to go for i'd say the one with the Mirror is better but i'll give both a read anyway.

Cuyahoga
04/03/2010, 1:03 PM
Who is the guide directed at. It seems to me it is directed at P.F.A.I members only, articles about claiming your tax and medical advice.
In Stephen Mc Guinness's long message on page three there is no mention of supporters who in large pay the players wages.
The guide was dissapointing,poor quality paper and no immagination in the features about each club.

WoodquayBoy
04/03/2010, 1:50 PM
Who is the guide directed at. It seems to me it is directed at P.F.A.I members only, articles about claiming your tax and medical advice.
In Stephen Mc Guinness's long message on page three there is no mention of supporters who in large pay the players wages.
The guide was dissapointing,poor quality paper and no immagination in the features about each club.

Agree with this (Mirror's guide), it's like a newsletter for PFAI members, with a bit thrown in for fans at the back. That said, their treatment of the First Division is much better than The Sun's, which is almost non-existent. However, The Sun is worth a look if only for Keely's cut at Roddy! And his labelling of the Setanta Cup as "a farce".

bennocelt
04/03/2010, 2:19 PM
Agree with this (Mirror's guide), it's like a newsletter for PFAI members, with a bit thrown in for fans at the back. That said, their treatment of the First Division is much better than The Sun's, which is almost non-existent. However, The Sun is worth a look if only for Keely's cut at Roddy! And his labelling of the Setanta Cup as "a farce".

any online links for this?
cheers

Sam_Heggy
04/03/2010, 2:21 PM
According to the Mirror Pull out, we only have 13 players signed.

Also, surely there is a picture of Kevin McHugh out there in a Harps Jersey?

The Sun's coverage is like the Setanta Cup, a farce. Only in the ramblings of Keeley is the first division even mentioned.

p.s. Keeley has laid his cards on the table, he has predicted Shels to win the league, shock horror.

oriel
04/03/2010, 8:15 PM
Yeha go it myself and its pretty crap to say the least, not exactly up to date as Faz signed for us last Thursday and isnt doww in our squad list!

Not even worth the one euro cost of the paper - also noticed that re Faz. Terrible production overall.

Hopefully the one with the Star next Monday will be something you can hold on to, as this one is already binned.

Mayo Red
04/03/2010, 8:57 PM
The PFAI Guide is poor enough alright but it always is and as has been said at least they made the effort. I'm waiting for the guide in The Star, it has been far superior over the past few years and I hope this years is no different.

Magicme
04/03/2010, 9:32 PM
Got two copies for free in Tesco this evening. The info for us was pretty much spot on, only a few minor things I would change. I like the way Sligo Rovers have a player called Darren Meehan and that Darren Meenan isnt listed in Dundalk's squad!

Mayo Red
04/03/2010, 9:47 PM
Got two copies for free in Tesco this evening. The info for us was pretty much spot on, only a few minor things I would change. I like the way Sligo Rovers have a player called Darren Meehan and that Darren Meenan isnt listed in Dundalk's squad!

I hate the way under the heading "League Titles" it says we've won "None" though?? Granted it's been a while, but still.....?!:(

GuisaSaigon
04/03/2010, 10:17 PM
The PFAI guide is usually crap but this years effort is absolute rubbish, waste of money. Cant see what the point of it is, definitely doesn't promote the league.

Dunny
04/03/2010, 10:38 PM

He never signed for us..

Magicme
04/03/2010, 10:49 PM
Oh.....

Dunny
04/03/2010, 10:50 PM
Oh.....

Whoosh?:D

Ezeikial
04/03/2010, 10:56 PM
He never signed for us..

Meenan didn't train or trial with us never mind sign!

Magic Me seems to have been given a wrong steer here

From MUFC website preview of last weeks Monaghan V Dundalk friendly http://www.monaghanunited.com/page2.htm

Ex-Monaghan United star Darren Meenan has made the move from Sligo Rovers to Dundalk and makes his return to Gortakeegan this Friday night.

EDIT - sorry Magic, missed your earlier "oh..." - Has he been telling you some porkies?

danthesaint
05/03/2010, 9:01 AM
was there one in the star this morning?? was it any good. i usually get that one every year

Magicme
05/03/2010, 11:11 AM
Meenan didn't train or trial with us never mind sign!

Magic Me seems to have been given a wrong steer here

From MUFC website preview of last weeks Monaghan V Dundalk friendly http://www.monaghanunited.com/page2.htm

EDIT - sorry Magic, missed your earlier "oh..." - Has he been telling you some porkies?

1. Heard that he had moved to you from Sligo Rovers fans on here

2. I dont do the match previews, that is the media officers job

3. havent been talking to Meenan since last year some time!

stann
05/03/2010, 12:05 PM
Pretty poor effort alright, even for this one.
Wexford's profile is shocking. David Breen might well be an assured defender, but what's that got to do with Vinny Sullivan in a Cork jersey? :D
And their crest has 5 stars now, doesn't it?

Shedzer
05/03/2010, 1:27 PM
was there one in the star this morning?? was it any good. i usually get that one every year

Was there one? I thought it was out monday in the star can anyone confirm?

Jofspring
05/03/2010, 1:30 PM
Was there one? I thought it was out monday in the star can anyone confirm?

Not in the Star today. Nice little two page spread on matches in both divisions though.

Youths4Ever
05/03/2010, 1:35 PM
Pretty poor effort alright, even for this one.
Wexford's profile is shocking. David Breen might well be an assured defender, but what's that got to do with Vinny Sullivan in a Cork jersey? :D
And their crest has 5 stars now, doesn't it?

yes it does has five stars and i dont know then dont have a pic of David Breen

Mark
05/03/2010, 2:42 PM

PFAI are aligned with the FIFPRO group who are a sort of union for players unions. AFAIK they get a grant from FIFPRO to help with the publication of their guide so that could be an explanation as to why there is stuff like that in their magazine.

stann
05/03/2010, 4:07 PM
yes it does has five stars and i dont know then dont have a pic of David Breen

Might be reading you wrong Y4E, but it's the pic in the guide that's wrong. Captioned about David Breen, but of Vinny. And in a Cork shirt to make it worse!

Martinho II
05/03/2010, 6:47 PM
Oh.....

magicme stuck for words never???:eek: