PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup

LukeO
26/02/2010, 3:43 PM
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the updated SSC tables now that Derry and Cork have been booted out?

kdjaC
26/02/2010, 9:12 PM
check extratime.ie comprehensive coverage of.......oh galway hull.........hmmm

uh well thats not right :|

Graemerz
26/02/2010, 9:26 PM
St Pats and Linfield drew 1-1 tonight at Richmond.

CuanaD
27/02/2010, 7:57 AM
St Pats and Linfield drew 1-1 tonight at Richmond.
Was nice to finally have a competitive game again after the weird off-season we've had.

Odd being herded back towards Inchicore after & not being able to slip in to McD's for a pint.

Decent enough game though, & Pat's looked better than I expected them to

Dodge
27/02/2010, 9:21 AM
IN our group only 3 games have actually been played. Derry v Pats, Linfield v Derry, Pats v Linfield. All 1-1 draw. The decided to give us both 3-0 wins for our cancelled game with Derry

NOt sure what'l happen if we draw 1-q in Belfast. Presumably they hope we both get through so it won't be an issue

Acornvilla
27/02/2010, 1:00 PM
was there many at the match?

D.24saint
27/02/2010, 1:04 PM
Hard to tell sitting in the stand but my guesstimate would be 1200-1300

total hoofball
27/02/2010, 1:08 PM
IN our group only 3 games have actually been played. Derry v Pats, Linfield v Derry, Pats v Linfield. All 1-1 draw. The decided to give us both 3-0 wins for our cancelled game with Derry

NOt sure what'l happen if we draw 1-q in Belfast. Presumably they hope we both get through so it won't be an issue

If that scenario occurs and if the best runner-up comes from the Bohs group the only resolution I could see is a one game play-off

danthesaint
27/02/2010, 1:13 PM
Hard to tell sitting in the stand but my guesstimate would be 1200-1300

and linfield brought 650 of that

HarpoJoyce
27/02/2010, 1:21 PM

If that scenario occurs and if the best runner-up comes from the Bohs group the only resolution I could see is a one game play-off

While both teams are up in Windsor, if it's a draw. A penalty shoot-out on ninety minutes to establish which team has their noses in front. The result of the shoot-out only used if it's necessary.
What is the criteria after 'same number of points'? is it a UEFA influenced head-to-head with away goals? Or the more traditional goal difference?

Graemerz
27/02/2010, 3:56 PM
It looks likely that its going to Sligo, Bohemians, St Pats and Linfield in the semi finals. Could become farcial again if Linfield and St Pats draw each other in the semi finals and have to play each other home and away again. :D

kdjaC
27/02/2010, 4:39 PM
It looks likely that its going to Sligo, Bohemians, St Pats and Linfield in the semi finals. Could become farcial again if Linfield and St Pats draw each other in the semi finals and have to play each other home and away again. :D

linfield fan told me last night we couldnt get each other in the semis only the final, i expect a golden handshake game in belfast if we both need a draw.

Fester
27/02/2010, 5:00 PM
Coleraine 1 v 3 Bohemians

Dodge
27/02/2010, 5:10 PM
linfield fan told me last night we couldnt get each other in the semis only the final, i expect a golden handshake game in belfast if we both need a draw.

Probably won't know as Bohs playing the same day. If BNohs beat Glentoran (In Dalymount) then a draw will suit everyone. Obviously if Bohs are 3 up...

Graemerz
27/02/2010, 9:45 PM
Probably won't know as Bohs playing the same day. If BNohs beat Glentoran (In Dalymount) then a draw will suit everyone. Obviously if Bohs are 3 up...

Surely if the Bohs win both St Pats and Linfield would still go through. The Glens would be 6 points behind Bohemians whereas Linfield and Pats would only be 3 points behind if either of them were victorious??

LukeO
28/02/2010, 2:47 PM
So, no tables anywhere then? :confused: And people give out about papers not giving enough coverage of the league when Setanta, the FAI and the IFA can't even be bothered updating tables...

On a similar note, can anyone tell me if there are up-to-date fixtures/results for the Leinster Senior Cup anywhere???

prodsc
28/02/2010, 4:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_Setanta_Sports_Cup

D.24saint
28/02/2010, 5:10 PM
So, no tables anywhere then? And people give out about papers not giving enough coverage of the league when Setanta, the FAI and the IFA can't even be bothered updating tables...

On a similar note, can anyone tell me if there are up-to-date fixtures/results for the Leinster Senior Cup anywhere??? this has results and fixtures
http://www.leinsterfa.ie/

LukeO
28/02/2010, 7:07 PM
Cheers lads.

Dodge
28/02/2010, 7:18 PM
Surely if the Bohs win both St Pats and Linfield would still go through. The Glens would be 6 points behind Bohemians whereas Linfield and Pats would only be 3 points behind if either of them were victorious??

Yeah, thats right, but the main point was that we'd meed t know Bohs result

KUFCMan
28/02/2010, 7:49 PM
Updated Tables

http://www.rissc.org/Setanta%20Cup.htm

Steve Bruce
02/03/2010, 12:18 PM
I think Bohs vs Linfield final would be a great final.

Dodge
02/03/2010, 12:32 PM

Well you're biased. I think it'd be a rubbish final ;)

sligored
02/03/2010, 3:37 PM
Well you're biased. I think it'd be a rubbish final ;)

not often i agree with dodge..but on this occasion i do

Dalymountrower
02/03/2010, 3:40 PM

Would that be automatically played in Windsor or would they go through the motions of a coin toss/hot/cold balls first.? Agreed ,it would be a great final.
For all the abuse that the SSC gets, the good positive contacts between football fans both sides of the border alone makes it worth continuing in some form. The fans and officials in Coleraine last Saturday couldn`t have been more welcoming.

HarpoJoyce
02/03/2010, 3:59 PM
Would that be automatically played in Windsor or would they go through the motions of a coin toss/hot/cold balls first.? Agreed ,it would be a great final.
For all the abuse that the SSC gets, the good positive contacts between football fans both sides of the border alone makes it worth continuing in some form. The fans and officials in Coleraine last Saturday couldn`t have been more welcoming.

If the two finalists are from the same league, it'll be played at a venue within that league.
But most of the finals (3 out of 4) are mixed finals and they have alternated at the home venue of one of the sides. Tolka (2005), Windsor (2007), Turner's Cross (2008)

Steve Bruce
03/03/2010, 9:46 AM
The best team in the South against the Best team in the north. Surely it can't get better than that?

Oh I think it's Windsors turn unless two LOI teams are in the final

Mr_Parker
03/03/2010, 9:53 AM
The best team in the South against the Best team in the north. Surely it can't get better than that?

Oh I think it's Windsors turn unless two LOI teams are in the final

Yep, It will be Windsor.

Dodge
03/03/2010, 10:02 AM

Surely it'd bebetter to have the best two teams in the tournament if you're basing it on quality?

With this makey up competition with its makey up rules, nothing is certain regarding venues for the final.