PDA

View Full Version : Europa League

Stevo Da Gull
26/02/2010, 12:39 AM
I had a quick look and didn't see a thread dedicatd to the Europa League.

Big win for Sporting tonight, 3-0 over Everton. They progress 4-2 on aggregate. Panathinaikos won 3-2 in Rome to go through 6-4 on aggregate. Benfica and Valencia were very convincing and will fancy themselves. Fulham also had a noteworthy win, beating the holders, Shakhtar, 3-2 on aggregate.

The round of 16 is up next. Who do you fancy will win it this year?

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/index.html

TheBoss
26/02/2010, 1:14 AM
For me, Valencia and Benfica look very strong candidates.

Boo_Boy
26/02/2010, 1:20 AM
I got a good feeling that Hamburg will go all the way*. It's perfect, the final is being held at the Nordbank Arena, Hamburg's home!

*I'm a Hamburg fan so of course I'm going to say this. :)

superfrank
26/02/2010, 3:58 PM
I wasn't that impressed with Valencia last night, tbh. They dragged it out. They did hammer Brugge and it only ever looked like one winner but they really took their time with it.

I'm all for Atlético. :)

OwlsFan
01/03/2010, 9:16 AM
I had a quick look and didn't see a thread dedicatd to the Europa League.

http://foot.ie/threads/120746-UEFA-Europa-League-2009-10/page3

A very quick look obviously ;)

Stevo Da Gull
01/03/2010, 8:18 PM
I typed 'Europa' into the search engine.. would have thought that would do the trick :o
I suppose a merging is in order.

I'll be hoping for Atletico, though I would like to see a European trophy find it's way to a Bundesliga team.

Valencia Hoop
02/03/2010, 10:49 AM
I wasn't that impressed with Valencia last night, tbh. They dragged it out. They did hammer Brugge and it only ever looked like one winner but they really took their time with it.

I'm all for Atlético. :)

Jesus, Valencia were brilliant from start to finish, beautiful build up play and chance after chance, the Brugge keeper and central defence played a stormer. The crowd was really behind the team (for once, lots of young fans there who don't normally get to games), it was a classic european night, I realise it was only last 32 of the europa league against a Belgian team but still we had to come back and a goal for CB at any time would have put a spanner in the works.

briancool21
07/03/2010, 3:28 PM
I'm going for Juventus and whoever liverpool are playing next, It would be funny but i can't see fulham causing juve too many problems

Closed Account 2
08/03/2010, 9:09 AM
I think Fulham have a good chance against Juventus, while the Italians will be slight favourites, they have been in poor form in Serie A, especially when you consider the plethora of dubious decisions they have had of late. They are nothing like as strong as Inter, Milan, Roma or even Fiorentina this season.