PDA

View Full Version : So what now for Roderick?

Salmon Coloured
24/02/2010, 12:05 PM
I know we have the winding up thread above in relation to Cork, but what now for Roddy?? I take it he is now out of a job in Cork & has all his bridges, swinging grapevines & various stratagems to get to Malta burned to a crisp with the ashes scattered far & wide?
So do we have a hearty chuckle at realising that the collpase in Leeside actually has a silver lining or has he something else cooking?
Just thought another Roddy thread with the current situation might be a giggle. I mean how much bad luck can follow a chap around??

SMorgan
24/02/2010, 12:29 PM
Well, I reckon it means we'll see and hear a lot more from him as its back to MNS!!!

Mr A
24/02/2010, 12:49 PM
Roddy makes his own bad luck. He was even more of a plonker than I ever thought to get involved with Tom Coughlan.

Macy
24/02/2010, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, the release of roderick actually means the rest of us have to suffer more. He'll be back on Newstalk and RTE at every opportunity. If TNBCCFC had survived, at least he would've been somewhat restricted.

marinobohs
24/02/2010, 1:58 PM
Yes, possibly the biggest down side of Cork City imploding is that Roddy is back on the market (another club relegated ????) waiting for another club in dire straights desperate enough to listen to his line of snake oil. Trust me guys, you know your club is f*&^%$ d when you hear "did i tell you about the time I won the double at Bohs.......":cool:

A face
24/02/2010, 2:00 PM
He just grates off me now ..... just knowing he hasn't a shread of decency in him. He is a leech to this league.

Titan
24/02/2010, 2:06 PM
Welease wodewick! :)

razor
24/02/2010, 2:10 PM
weecountyman will have the answer.

pineapple stu
24/02/2010, 2:17 PM
weecountyman will have the answer.
Incidentally, wcm has been suspended for repeatedly failing to provide links to anything he said. Alternatively, if he posted a link to Times of Malta, the link was bad and the story simply wasn't there. It's a bit of a logical leap, but there's nothing to show that any of the reports from Malta that wcm posted actually have any basis in fact.

danthesaint
24/02/2010, 2:19 PM
pity i was looking forward to the whole paul cook vs the rodster first game.......

razor
24/02/2010, 2:21 PM
there's nothing to show that any of the reports from Malta that wcm posted actually have any basis in fact.so how did he differ from anyone else on here? :D

pineapple stu
24/02/2010, 2:21 PM
Look back at some of the reports. They're far more elaborate than anything anyone else has ever posted!

SkStu
24/02/2010, 2:23 PM
Incidentally, wcm has been suspended for repeatedly failing to provide links to anything he said. Alternatively, if he posted a link to Times of Malta, the link was bad and the story simply wasn't there. It's a bit of a logical leap, but there's nothing to show that any of the reports from Malta that wcm posted actually have any basis in fact.

really? Ha! He had me well convinced... so what was his agenda then, i wonder?

Dalymountrower
24/02/2010, 2:36 PM
Despite Rodericks wife beating comments on air I wouldn`t be surprised if MNS are keen to have him back on the panel for shock value. Time to annoy poor Con Murphy with more disgruntled e-mails !

osarusan
24/02/2010, 2:42 PM
"did i tell you about the time I won the double at Bohs.......":cool:

"Did I tell you about the time I reduced Cork's wage bill to practically nothing?"

Bluebeard
24/02/2010, 6:05 PM
I mean how much bad luck can follow a chap around??

I am reminded of the story the golfer Gary Player used to tell, how as he got older he started doing better and during one of his better patches the press kept talking of how lucky he was. And of course, as the press were wont, they asked him about how hearing this made him feel.

THe golfer Gary Player told them that the more he practiced, the luckier he got at golfing. I reckon that the same is true of that sh!tehawk Roddy.

avvenalaf
24/02/2010, 8:15 PM
Priceless to watch Roddy on TV talking about the players birds expecting. Half expected him to push a pregnant woman in front of him and do a Tommy Gorman 'think of the children'. What this k unt is at now is trying to get the players to go to Forsa and say they want Roddy as the manager. Things not great in the plastering business either.

DmanDmythDledge
25/02/2010, 12:09 AM
Look back at some of the reports. They're far more elaborate than anything anyone else has ever posted!
So none of what he said was true?

Longfordian
25/02/2010, 12:16 AM
If he made all that stuff up I think the guy's got some serious Roddy issues and The Rod best be on his guard!.

SkStu
25/02/2010, 1:19 AM

i did a search in the Cork thread (which was inexplicably moved to the Cork forum) for "Times of Malta" and any of the posts by weecountyman that i checked that contained a "newspaper article" link were links to main pages of maltese websites in maltese language.... the standard of english in the media reports he had been posting also got strangely better and better.

Weird that someone would bother to make stuff up like that.

marinobohs
25/02/2010, 8:56 AM
Despite Rodericks wife beating comments on air I wouldn`t be surprised if MNS are keen to have him back on the panel for shock value. Time to annoy poor Con Murphy with more disgruntled e-mails !

The only good point (and it is stretching it) about the Rodmeister on MNS is that it should act as a deterrent to any club thinking of employing him !

pineapple stu
25/02/2010, 8:58 AM
Wouldn't go quite that far. But I know that he posted a couple of press releases from Floriana about the situation, none of which appeared on Floriana's homepage. You'd imagine that's the first place you'd post a press release like that.

passinginterest
25/02/2010, 9:11 AM
Wouldn't go quite that far. But I know that he posted a couple of press releases from Floriana about the situation, none of which appeared on Floriana's homepage. You'd imagine that's the first place you'd post a press release like that.

After the third or fourth time he posted a link that didn't work I stopped taking his posts seriously. I reckon he's a student or journalist doing some sort of dissertation on how internet rumours can blur the lines between fact and fiction and how easy the media can be manipulated.

Bluebeard
25/02/2010, 12:41 PM
What's this about wife beating comments from the Rod of all Evil? I hadn't heard about this? Spare the Rod and spoil the wife?

Mr A
25/02/2010, 1:10 PM
He made comments on MNS about Paul Cook manages to stay calm and then said he probably goes home and beats the wife. Cue some seriously uncomfortable looking fellow panelists.

Sam_Heggy
25/02/2010, 1:17 PM
He made comments on MNS about Paul Cook manages to stay calm and then said he probably goes home and beats the wife. Cue some seriously uncomfortable looking fellow panelists.

TV gold.

Bluebeard
25/02/2010, 2:38 PM
Tried to find that on youtube, but to no avail. This however satisfied my need (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKEbDi32JXU&feature=related).

SeanDrog
25/02/2010, 3:17 PM
The only good point (and it is stretching it) about the Rodmeister on MNS is that it should act as a deterrent to any club thinking of employing him !

:) :) :)

Martinho II
25/02/2010, 5:33 PM
Well, I reckon it means we'll see and hear a lot more from him as its back to MNS!!!
i was told by a good source at the fingal game last weekend that he wasnt coming back

bluemovie
25/02/2010, 7:24 PM
What's this about wife beating comments from the Rod of all Evil? I hadn't heard about this? Spare the Rod and spoil the wife?

Where most people might say, "Yeah, but he goes home and kicks the dog" and risk the wrath of the ISPCA, Roddy's brain is wired a little differently.

On the job front, no Irish club has given Roddy a job since 2005 despite him hanging around like a vulture. I don't count TNB and Shels told him where to go in 2007. Can't see anyone being THAT stupid.

avvenalaf
27/02/2010, 12:59 AM
i was told by a good source at the fingal game last weekend that he wasnt coming back

His Wikipedia page says his MNS contract was not renewed for 2010. Praise the Lord.

SMorgan
27/02/2010, 12:36 PM
Can't wait to read tomorrow's Star to get his view on things.

Of course what happened Cork City is all Bray's and Dundalk's fault...

Rasputin
27/02/2010, 3:09 PM
Bring back Roddy, the tarmacing business is totally under represented on footballing shows, Roddy was a breadth of fresh air in the regaurd.
In fairness hes a character that is made for Telly, hilarious.

SMorgan
28/02/2010, 4:12 PM
Well we got our answer in this morning's Star.

Its back to MNS with him.

But I did like that bit about Agents asking him if he'd be prepared to take a job in Scandinavia.

I'll give him a lift to the Airport.

brianw82
01/03/2010, 10:44 PM
Well we got our answer in this morning's Star.

Its back to MNS with him.

But I did like that bit about Agents asking him if he'd be prepared to take a job in Scandinavia.

I'll give him a lift to the Airport.

Maybe he's promised to wind his neck in while he gets one of these in exchange?

http://i41.tinypic.com/b3vpn9.jpg

bluemovie
02/03/2010, 3:52 PM
I usually get a laugh out of Roddy's bull, but I'm surprised he's back on MNS. Aren't the FAI paying for the programme to be made to advertise the league? Do they really want an extra-bitter Roddy running down the league? He was already ultra-negative. Now he feels that the FAI have screwed him on the Cork job. So every week we'll have "You see that's the problem with the league".

SkStu
02/03/2010, 4:10 PM
I usually get a laugh out of Roddy's bull, but I'm surprised he's back on MNS. Aren't the FAI paying for the programme to be made to advertise the league? Do they really want an extra-bitter Roddy running down the league? He was already ultra-negative. Now he feels that the FAI have screwed him on the Cork job. So every week we'll have "You see that's the problem with the league".

Roddy = poor man's Dunphy?

Controversy is good in the minds of RTE... :)

bluemovie
02/03/2010, 4:37 PM
Absolutely. Roddy = Dunphy = Hook = Spillane = Loughnane. "OMG. I can't believe he just said that!!"

Dunny
02/03/2010, 9:52 PM
AFTER Cork City capsized beneath him, Roddy Collins has been thrown a lifeline by RTE's Monday Night Soccer. A recall seemed unlikely after panellist Collins made a joke in poor taste about Sligo Rovers manager Paul Cook after last year's FAI Cup final, but the MNS production team clearly feel the extrovert Dubliner has a value.

New faces on the couch this year include Paul 'Ski' Magee, the former Irish international, and ex-Drogheda and Cork City boss Paul Doolin. The MNS slot has been moved forward an hour to 7pm.

avvenalaf
04/03/2010, 1:26 PM

Is the programme to be renamed I'M A W ANKE R GET ME OUT OF HERE ?