PDA

View Full Version : Athlone Town on thursday night

Grasshopper 99
23/02/2010, 8:55 AM
Any one looking forward to our run in the Leinster senior cup starting with athlone on thursday in the Carlisle at 7.45? Played well last night in the second half so hopefully we can get a win under our belts.
Wonder what team will he play too?

rocket
25/02/2010, 10:08 AM
kane doyle webster knight tyrell tuohy shields kavanagh massey oneill kelly

that would be my team for 2nites game

Hulsey
25/02/2010, 11:22 AM
If everyones fit i'd go
Kane
Doyle Webster Byrne Knight
Mulroy Shields Massey Tyrell
O'Neill Barrett/Franco

naoise kennedy
25/02/2010, 9:09 PM
any feed back on tonights game.. result

Bray-Z
25/02/2010, 9:54 PM
Won 2-1
Shane O'Neill got the first, they got a penno to make it 1-1.
Jake Kelly got the winner about 3 minutes from time.
Team: Kane, Doyle, Shane O'Connor, Knight, Massey, Shields, David O'Neill, Dean Zambra, Kelly, Shane O'Neill, Mulroy.

Stevo Da Gull
25/02/2010, 10:42 PM
Bray won a tight game 2-1. Played well in patches but Athlone will be disapointed to not have taken us to extra-time. They were on the attack when the ref blew the final whistle as well (though I was looking away at the time). After the pre-season defeats I'm glad that the lads got a win under their belts, can't hurt!

Ash
26/02/2010, 7:22 AM
Yep, Brian McCarthy was just striking the ball as the whistle went! Disappointing, we were alseep for the
first and last 5 minutes and Bray pounced. Ref decisions were dodgy enough for both sides! I thought
we lost the game in midfield though, little or no impact.

Congrats to Bray though, ye had the killer instinct that we were missing. Brutal crowd but as usual the
people who were there were sound.

naoise kennedy
26/02/2010, 7:53 AM
Congrats to Bray though, ye had the killer instinct that we were missing. Brutal crowd but as usual the

thanks.. bray had a killer instinct,, jaysus they are very strange words to be using for a bray team, but lets hope we will use them again this year, good to get a win before the league starts..

Ash
26/02/2010, 8:43 AM
Yeah, perhaps killer instinct was a bit too complimentary ;) ... but ye took 2 chances when we were asleep and than was the difference!

Grasshopper 99
26/02/2010, 8:56 AM
Was a good hard game of football, well at least the last 30 minutes in which i seen, lets see if we can win this cup as we are a cup team, or will eddie play a weaker team when the season is in full flow?

Seagull
26/02/2010, 3:47 PM
Yep, Brian McCarthy was just striking the ball as the whistle went! Disappointing, we were alseep for the
first and last 5 minutes and Bray pounced. Ref decisions were dodgy enough for both sides! I thought
we lost the game in midfield though, little or no impact.

He struck it wide though! Bray had all the possession but still managed to look a bit suspect at the back. Good luck to Athlone for the season ahead.

Roo69
26/02/2010, 4:26 PM
The scoreline was tight but Bray were very comfprtable throughout i thought, Athlone caused little or no trouble in the 2nd half to Kanes net, can't remember him having a save of note to make. O'Neill, Kelly and Mulroy all linked up really well and had plenty of good chances to finish the game off earlier. I was pretty much in line with the winner and i thought O'Neill was offside when he 1st got the through ball. Good to get a win under our belts even if it was the LSC.