PDA

View Full Version : Kildare C v Limerick

4tothefloor
20/03/2004, 1:05 PM
Whoever's goin to the game tonight, enjoy lads. I'd love to be goin but i'm too bogged down with college projects and my final year dissertation - i'll hardly even have the time to go to next weeks home game i'd say :mad:

Anyway, come on the blues! Hopefully we'll take at least a point.

gspain
22/03/2004, 11:07 AM
Good point - rode our luck a little in the first half but settled well - had a few half chances but didn't deserve anymore fro mthis game.

Only talking point was in injury time when Kildare number 5 wouldn't give the ball back after it was put out of play for an injury.

Front two looked good in patches but need decent service. We look a bit lightweight in midfield.

Mike has done some job to put acompetitive team o nthe field.

Anyway it's great to be still playing LoI football this season after the problems with a licence. Happy to live with a mediocre season on the pitch if we finally see things right off the pitch.

LFC in Exile
22/03/2004, 12:49 PM
Kildare manager was fairly dismissive of us. Accordingto eleven a side.com:

Hannigan, who took over after the departure of Dermot Keely last summer, gave voice to his disappointment. He said: "Six-nil wouldn’t have flattered us. Even if had we won 1-0 and been happy with the three points I’d still be concerned because we deserved to score many more goals. We needed to break them down and we didn’t."

Hannigan also lamented the absence of suspended front man Barry O’Connor. "It really was a night for Barry. There were 20 crosses into the box and if he’d been there he’d have won the Golden Boot award!"

Wouldn't mind making him eat those words at some stage. :)

deise deserter
22/03/2004, 1:22 PM
Were we really as bad as that report makes us out to be?

Missed the match to see AC Milan-Parma instead, but there was something missing... ;)

JohnD
22/03/2004, 1:39 PM
JP missed you as well boy !!! Enjoy the Hols...sorry I meant Work Exhange :D

gael353
22/03/2004, 2:47 PM
Thats only Hannigan talking up his game and his long ball antics. Hes a crap manager and no they didnt deserve to win, true neither did we but guess who played all the football again? :p yea us. His team will go knowhere, a load of long ball hoofers, all over 6ft. They came close from corners a few times late late in the game but apart from a save Fyffe had to make after only 2 mins we had little else to worry about. Finni was man of the match by a long way, pure class. Most others played well except Hughes who was cought several times early in the game but he did improve. Im going to miss the Dundalk game now and prob all our home games for the season due to work committments, so make sure the rest of ye turn up.