PDA

View Full Version : Bomb explodes in Newry

awec
22/02/2010, 10:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8529541.stm

Car bomb explodes at Newry courthouse

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47354000/jpg/_47354274_newrycourt_203.jpg Police were evacuating the area when the bomb went off

A car bomb has exploded near a courthouse in Newry, County Down.
There were no initial reports of any injuries.
A car was abandoned close to the gates of the courthouse at about 2200 GMT. Police were evacuating the area when the bomb went off.
People in the city reported hearing a loud bang and smoke could be seen in the area around the building at New Street, near the city centre.
Motorists have been advised to avoid the area.
Police have appealed for anyone who saw a suspicious vehicle in the area to contact them.

SCUM! Catch them and lock them up. There is no place for this in todays society.

grayzer1888
22/02/2010, 10:28 PM
I'm living in Bessbrook which is a couple of miles outside the town and I heard a loud explosion at approx 10.35, don't need this **** anymore :-(

peadar1987
22/02/2010, 10:34 PM
Unbelievable. I had dared to hope we'd moved on, but it looks like the same headcases are still out there who'll never be able to let it go.

awec
22/02/2010, 10:43 PM
This just proves that the peace process is working. The dissidents are getting desperate as people are moving on with their lives.

grayzer1888
22/02/2010, 10:49 PM
I think the dissidents are getting more and more reckless. We've had an abandoned mortar in Keady over the weekend, a gun attack on the police station in Crossmaglen followed by one a couple of hundred yards away from us here in Bessbrook and now this bomb attack tonight in Newry......................pure madness.

Rasputin
23/02/2010, 12:18 PM
Is this Oglaigh na hEireann again?
Seem to be the only ones capable of pulling this off?
The Contos and Reals seem to be riddled with informants and touts.

dantheman
23/02/2010, 12:45 PM
It only takes a few lunatics to do this. And that's what they are, lunatics.

Go away...

Pauro 76
24/02/2010, 6:12 AM
Nobody wants to go back to those days. Living in the past, they are... Last thing that's needed right now.

Mr A
24/02/2010, 10:05 AM
Much of the dissident activity is little more than organized crime. You need to attempt the odd 'political' attack or whatever to get/keep the brain dead teens who do your dirty work aboard but I suspect a lot more of it is about profit and power in local neighbourhoods than anything else.

Fr Damo
25/02/2010, 8:33 AM
Much of the dissident activity is little more than organized crime. You need to attempt the odd 'political' attack or whatever to get/keep the brain dead teens who do your dirty work aboard but I suspect a lot more of it is about profit and power in local neighbourhoods than anything else.

Some guy murdered last night in Derry - execution syle and left semi naked according to RTE news reports. Was this a paramilitary execution or something along the lines of what we see in Dublin and Limerick thuggery?
There appears to be a relationship between economic prosperity and peace and visa versa both North and South of the border and as someone who travels up North for work every couple of weeks I have become very fond of both relegious divides. The old school orange man is exactly the same as an old school GAA loving, 2 pints after mass ,paddy - in my experience.

I hope it gets sorted up there

brendy_éire
26/02/2010, 12:18 PM
Some guy murdered last night in Derry - execution syle and left semi naked according to RTE news reports. Was this a paramilitary execution or something along the lines of what we see in Dublin and Limerick thuggery

Bit of both, sort of. Fella was in the (R)IRA and had rented out a house in Donegal that the was raided, and the Gardaí found a load of cannabis plants. He denied he knew it was being used for that, via the 32 CSM, (R)IRA's political wing. Then the (R)IRA yesterday alledged that he was involved in drugs, so I'd guess they thought he was involved with the growing in the house in Donegal.

awec
27/02/2010, 12:20 AM
I see the man who was shots family have tried to effectively blame his murder on MI5. I'm baffled how anyone can release a statement on the death of a love one and condemn someone who had nothing to do with it and not say a word against the people that put a bullet in your sons head.

ArdeeBhoy
27/02/2010, 9:31 PM
Why is anyone surprised? You just don't change the mindset of a whole population at a stroke, after centuries of illegal occupation.

There's been great strides for peace thankfully, but residual attacks or killings with this pretext are liable to go on for years, sadly.