5 o shea
6 l miller
7 roy keane 9we need him)
8 m.holland
9 j o flynn ccfc
10 robbie keane
11 duffer

O'Brien for Finnan
Liam Miller untried at international level - possible backlash from Celtic supporters ;)
Roy Keane: hell would have to freeze over before I had him back. We don't need him he's past it.
O'Flynn untest bring Morrison in regardless of opinion on his 'irishness'

The rest all good.

Slash/ED
20/03/2004, 3:31 PM
Given,

Finnan/O'Shea at left back
Finnan/Carr at right back
Cunningham
O'Brien/Breen

Duff,
Andy Reid - worth trying him on the right, if not Miller or Reid with Holland in central mid field.
Miller,
Delap

Keane,
Morrison

Though I will say, O'Flynn would make my squad, easily.

Emmet
20/03/2004, 9:16 PM
Duff on the left side of midfield and Morrison up front with Keane.

Would there be any place in midfield for Healy? The defence looks fairly solid: best goalkeeper in England's league and Cunningham is seriously underestimated.

Slash/ED
20/03/2004, 9:34 PM
Healy will have to show the form he's capable of with Sunderland when he comes back from injury to get back into the side.

Bowsy
22/03/2004, 8:48 AM
Think people are putting way to much faith in Miller as the new Roy Keane and O'Shea as an International centre half. Does anyone remember how dreadful he was against the Swiss not to mention the very average season he's had so far. I've every faith these players will eventually be class but one season does not a player make. O'Flynn has real potential but needs to move to a higher standard of football to compete at international level.

tiktok
22/03/2004, 10:48 AM
at the moment

Given
Carr Cunningham O'Brien O'Shea
A.Reid DeLap Holland Duff
Morrison Keane

I know that's playing Reid on the right but it's the only place we lack. No point discussing Miller until we see him in a few more games, should and will get his chance, but the above is the team i'd put out for a competitive game tomorrow.

as for O'Flynn, he's proven himself at U21 international level, see no problem with having a look at him in a friendly game.

gustavo
22/03/2004, 1:18 PM
my best team

given
carr
o shea
breen
cunningham
a reid
duff
holland
miller
morrison
keane
-

brine2
22/03/2004, 6:06 PM
Given

Carr - Cunningham - O'Shea - Finnan

S Reid - Miller - Kavanagh - A Reid - Duff

Keane

----------

As much as I'm a great fan of Roy, he's chronically injured now and would only stand in the way of other players. There's no way he'll last till 2006 so there's no point in trying to pick him. Having said that though, the chronically injured and aged Paul McGrath wasn't half bad at USA94!