PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko?

liam88
20/03/2004, 11:40 AM
Ok by now anyone who wants to see it has probably seen it-I saw it last night on DVD (late I know) and didn't have a clue. Ok it was about 2 this morning but still I think it was pretty hard to follow.
Can somebody explain to me what it was all about?
Frank-was in his mind-but ran over his lass.
He went back in time at the end?
The girl really did know him when she watched his body come out?

It was extremly random and wild-very phycological-just looked at the official website www.donniedarko.com and it just takes you deeper into it!
Give it a visit ;)

any explanation welcome...........

4tothefloor
20/03/2004, 1:18 PM
I have the DVD but I can't watch it as I only have a DVD player on my PC. I have a flat screen monitor and its impossible to watch as all you can see is a black screen for the majority of the movie. By all accounts, I have yet to meet anybody who can fully understand it. I'd just love to be able to watch it! :D

eoinh
20/03/2004, 1:22 PM
Its actually dirt cheap to buy for some reason (both on the net and in the shops).

I think Play.com are selling it for 4.99 sterling delivered. :)

4tothefloor
20/03/2004, 1:27 PM
Don't bother, just go into Golden Discs and you can get it for €5.99 or thereabouts.

gustavo
20/03/2004, 7:40 PM
****** spoilers below

isnt the gist of it that donnie is a hero cos he sacrivfieced himself to save his sister and mother ? its been a year since ive seen it so im probably wrong !

liam88
20/03/2004, 8:32 PM
How does he save them-doesn't the world still end?
Found some people had written floggin' essays on it ;)
Seems it's not the kind of movie you can some up in two lines, but I give the floor to anyone who wants to give it a go..................

dollarsandcents
21/03/2004, 3:09 PM
spoilers!

isnt the gist of it that donnie is a hero cos he sacrivfieced himself to save his sister and mother ? its been a year since ive seen it so im probably wrong !

yeah i think at the end he could save himself by just leaving his bedroom before the engine crashes into it, but he decides to stay, knowing that he will save his mother and sister. (because if he killed that jim cunningham fella (again!), his mother and sister would be on the plane that crashes)

thats my shot anyway - probably way off!

its very confusing - think ill watch it again soon......

pete
22/03/2004, 10:26 AM
I also only seen acouple o weeks ago & while I like intelligent movies I also like to know whats going on at the end.

:eek:

Just like all those time travel movies they can't ever make any sense.