PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup 2010

Pages : [1] 2

avvenalaf
22/02/2010, 11:33 AM
Jesus, there's not a word about it on the Rovers site. Nobody seems to know what time it's at. It doesn't exist, according to Aertel. Is it possible that Tevez isn't in Argentina at all and that Cookie is giving him a trial and doesn't want the press to know about it or have we so much money in the coffers that we don't have to bother telling anyone when we are playing a competitive match?

jc46
22/02/2010, 12:09 PM
jesus, there's not a word about it on the rovers site. Nobody seems to know what time it's at. It doesn't exist, according to aertel. Is it possible that tevez isn't in argentina at all and that cookie is giving him a trial and doesn't want the press to know about it or have we so much money in the coffers that we don't have to bother telling anyone when we are playing a competitive match?
i agree with you. Best kept secret!. Is there anybody doing any publicity for rovers anymore.?.very poor

sligoman
22/02/2010, 4:06 PM
It's at 7pm. It's on the Rovers site now.

sligored
22/02/2010, 5:05 PM
its also on the match ticket stub for anyone who has bought one

avvenalaf
22/02/2010, 7:24 PM
its also on the match ticket stub for anyone who has bought one

What would I be doing with a ticket? I hop over the wall at the Railway goals. I only wanted to know what time to do so.

sligoman
22/02/2010, 9:07 PM
Cork are gone, probably makes this game even more pointless...

red arrow
22/02/2010, 9:14 PM
even if cork are gone this game is still very important. first & foremost it is a competitive game secondly it gives people an oppurtunity to see the new squod of players and propably most important it gives the club a chance to bring in some badly needed cash. remember the club pays full wages to the players from feb 19th. this is a full 2 weeks earlier than last year . so once again lets try to push the 20 euro tickets

Fivesilver
23/02/2010, 6:17 PM
What would I be doing with a ticket? I hop over the wall at the Railway goals. I only wanted to know what time to do so.

Jaysus, with your vintage, I hope they've lowered that wall - or have you been nicking Peachey's wine gums?

Red4Eva
23/02/2010, 9:19 PM
Cliftonville lost 2-0 away to Portadown on Saturday and 1-0 at home to Coleraine tonight. They've only won one of their last 6 and that was against bottom placed Lisburn.

Mr_Parker
23/02/2010, 9:20 PM
Cliftonville lost 2-0 away to Portadown on Saturday and 1-0 at home to Coleraine tonight. They've only won one of their last 6 and that was against bottom placed Lisburn.

Don't worry it will only be our fringe players that you will have to face. :(

avvenalaf
23/02/2010, 11:36 PM
Jaysus, with your vintage, I hope they've lowered that wall - or have you been nicking Peachey's wine gums?

I don't use performance enhancing drugs - especially ones from Seanie.

LondonRover
24/02/2010, 12:39 PM
I assume that following the demise of Cork City, the new entity will be kicked out of the Setanta Cup a la Derry and ourselves and Cliftonville will both be awarded 3-0 wins?

sligoman
27/02/2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/fleming-keeps-his-focus-on-domestic-glory-14701392.html

gustavo
27/02/2010, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping we put out our strongest team,Looking forward to it

Shedzer
27/02/2010, 11:16 AM
What time are we playing today can someone please tell me seems to be a bit of confusion on kick off time

Sean South
27/02/2010, 2:08 PM
I've been looking forward to this game for weeks

FORZA RAGAZZI :cool:

sligorover
27/02/2010, 3:29 PM
I'm hoping we put out our strongest team,Looking forward to it
Does anyone have any idea what our strongest team is yet? According to the Times today only Davoren and McCabe are unavailable for tonight, both injured I think, would either of them be first choice?

Mr_Parker
27/02/2010, 3:32 PM
Very youthful Cliftonville team on their way to Sligo. Go easy on them.

sligorover
27/02/2010, 3:45 PM
Very youthful Cliftonville team on their way to Sligo. Go easy on them.Many fans travelling do you know? Would be nice to have a bit of atmosphere.

Boo_Boy
27/02/2010, 3:50 PM
Will there be twitter or radio updates?. I'll be 20 minutes late.

Mr_Parker
27/02/2010, 4:03 PM
Many fans travelling do you know? Would be nice to have a bit of atmosphere.

Not a lot.

Shedzer
27/02/2010, 5:09 PM
Anyone know what the team might be? We should use this game like a friendly.

redbuli
27/02/2010, 6:11 PM
I'm updating here.

http://www.extratime.ie/liveupdate/

thanks sligobrewer.. interesting he's gone for Ryan and Ventre in midfield

DonalE
27/02/2010, 6:39 PM
One up, Pele header

DonalE
27/02/2010, 6:46 PM
2 up, Doyle. Half time

DonalE
27/02/2010, 7:39 PM
3 up, Amond

sligorover
27/02/2010, 8:09 PM
3-0 full time, could have had a few more. More of the same next week please.

sligored
27/02/2010, 8:17 PM
two great goals by amond and doyle- good performance. 3 goals disallowed- 2 very harshly and we had a clear penalty not given.
Cliftonville very poor but they brought a good crowd.
Some lovely link play between ryan dillon doyle amond and blinks.
almeida was off the pace and i am not sure keane is the answer at left back

redbuli
27/02/2010, 8:24 PM
good start to the season, how did the new signings get on.. was there many at it?

sligored
27/02/2010, 8:27 PM
whelan was ok i thought , dillon and amond were very good . doninger was not on long enough.
i would estimate crowd of 1400-1500

Well Red
27/02/2010, 9:03 PM
I'm updating here.

http://www.extratime.ie/liveupdate/

Well done Sligo Brewer,better service than any other media to night.

Well Red
27/02/2010, 9:07 PM
two great goals by amond and doyle- good performance. 3 goals disallowed- 2 very harshly and we had a clear penalty not given.
Cliftonville very poor but they brought a good crowd.
Some lovely link play between ryan dillon doyle amond and blinks.
almeida was off the pace and i am not sure keane is the answer at left back

Would not read too much into performances tonight, lot of guys playing their first match together. Great result whatever the opposition and a mouthwatering prelude to the visits of Shamrock as the manager calles them.

sligofan4ever
27/02/2010, 9:39 PM
A great way to kick start the season.the Amond-Blinkhorn partnership looks very promising, as did dillon. Ryan and doyle were great for creating plenty of chances. Almeida didnt have a whole lot to do but was fairly solid when needed, but would be a bit rusty yet. Hopefully more of the same next week.

showgies
27/02/2010, 9:55 PM
Potential is the one word I would use to sum up tonights performance. I don't know a great deal about Cliftonville, but the team we played tonight were weak, so we can't read too much into the result. As for the new boys:
Whelan: Decent game, looked to get forward, tall and lanky, better to judge him when he plays more games
Dillion: Has a few tricks and looks to create, seems a litle light-wight but worth keeping an eye on him
Amond: Full of running, could have scored more than one.....might even be worth a punt as being top goalscorer in the league
Donninger: Likes to get into the box, in fact he was raging with Amond for nicking a chance from him - Some should tell him where the tunnel and dressing rooms are, as he was heading in the wrong direction at the end of the game!

Doyles goal was one hell of a well worked goal and Amond's touch to Blinky and finish was super

CarrickFan
27/02/2010, 10:29 PM
Spot on there Showgies..u saved me typing more or less the same thing...our 2nd goal was class as was Blinks cross for Amonds..great signs for that partnership..Sligored i dont think Keane is a long term solution at left back but he didnt do anything wrong tonight and is an option...Bring on Scumrock Rovers.

redbuli
27/02/2010, 10:34 PM
Well done Sligo Brewer,better service than any other media to night.

agreed, for us exiles its a life saver

redbuli
27/02/2010, 10:37 PM
whelan was ok i thought , dillon and amond were very good . doninger was not on long enough.
i would estimate crowd of 1400-1500

not a bad crowd for setanta cup game that didnt matter, hopefully gives the coffers a boost

Oldred
27/02/2010, 10:59 PM
Great to see a bit of cautious optimism this early.
Although next weeks game is a different scenario altogether, the lads can feel more confident going into it after tonights performance.
And it's one step closer that badly needed Setanta prizemoney!

red arrow
27/02/2010, 11:05 PM
just to correct post here regarding crowd. the official attendance was 950 not 1300 to 1500 as some would suggest. not a bad crowd& will help a bit financially but remember that the majority of these people will not have to pay next week due to the 20 euro ticket. so we need to tell everybody out there that we have a side with potential & promise and need all the support they can get.

CarrickFan
28/02/2010, 12:18 AM
950 really?..what does main stand hold?..i would say it was 3/4 full..maybe 300 plus in Jinks and up to 200 between both goal ends...it defo was less than regular games but thought it was more than 950.

Church Hill 1
28/02/2010, 7:13 AM
Great start, well done to the lads. How did the overall fitness of the team look? If I recall correctly, we were well off the pace at the start of last season (for obvious reasons) so hopefully fitness won't be an issue this year!

redobit
28/02/2010, 11:55 AM
First time I have ever seen a player get a yellow card for taking a kick in the hole!

red bellied
28/02/2010, 3:53 PM

This shot is taken from the Rovers facebook fans page. Stand looks like two thirds full even though the pic is from a fair distance off. 1200 main stand and a least another couple of hundred around the ground.

LondonRover
28/02/2010, 5:58 PM
Nice to see that the RTE website can find space to report on Clarke Carlisle of Burnley winning on Countdown but not a mention of Rovers' victory over Cliftonville...

Well Red
28/02/2010, 6:44 PM
Nice to see that the RTE website can find space to report on Clarke Carlisle of Burnley winning on Countdown but not a mention of Rovers' victory over Cliftonville...

RTE are only interested in the domestic league when a club gets into financial trouble

Nathan
28/02/2010, 8:23 PM
Did Setanta even have a camera at the game?

rovers100%
01/03/2010, 10:06 AM
richie ryan had a good game , he made doyles goal with a superb pass. hopefully he proves me wrong this season. amond looks like a goad player in the box and hopefully scores plenty this year.

Rover'n'out
01/03/2010, 11:15 AM
I was checking Setanta listings for this coming week to see if they had a highlights programme and there is no sign of anything. They are more than likely low on funds so would not go the expense of it unfortunately. Pity, would like to have seen the goals again.

Dodge
01/03/2010, 11:20 AM
Setanta have never had a highlights programme. Even in the first year they didn't cover all games

Boo_Boy
01/03/2010, 2:43 PM
I was checking Setanta listings for this coming week to see if they had a highlights programme and there is no sign of anything. They are more than likely low on funds so would not go the expense of it unfortunately. Pity, would like to have seen the goals again.

I'm sure they would have been featured on The Hub, but that ended Friday night I think.