PDA

View Full Version : Who is still out of contract?

weecountyman
21/02/2010, 9:06 AM
I've gone over the PFAI list and it's not entirely accurate (up to date at least). Who is still out of contract and in Ireland?

DUFC4life
21/02/2010, 9:30 AM
Im out of contract!!

weecountyman
21/02/2010, 9:41 AM
Im out of contract!!

:D If you can guarantee 20 goals this season I'd gladly see you line out in Dundalk ;):p

TheBoss
21/02/2010, 2:07 PM
I make it this from PFAI List:

Robert Bayly
Stephen Brennan
Michael Clarke
Ciaran Coll
Christy Connaghan
Gary Curran
Derek Doyle
Shane Duggan
David Ennis
Shane Fitzgerald
Anthony Flood
John Flood
Michael Foley
Derek Foran
Steven Gough
Donal Greene
Christopher Harrington
Colm Jinks
Simon Kelly
Fahrudin Kuduzovic
Mark Leech
Cillian Lordan
Michael McGowan
Shaun McGowan
Stefan McKevitt
Jordan McMillan
Mark McNulty
Mark O'Brien
Greg O'Halloran
Sean Roddy
Gerard Rowe
Carmine Russo
Mark Salmon
Guntars Silagailis
Michael Synnott
Vincent Whelan

MMVIII
21/02/2010, 2:12 PM
Chris Butler is playing back in England. Signed for Droylsden F.C. AFAIK anyways.

Dunny
21/02/2010, 3:00 PM
Paul McAreavey is up north with Donegal Celtic

Dillonman
21/02/2010, 4:25 PM
Michael McGinley is playing non league in Scotland for his uncle's team.

Longfordian
21/02/2010, 4:35 PM
Kevin Cronin has resigned for us as well.

Doomofman
21/02/2010, 4:42 PM
Is this to check who FORAS will be trying to sign next week? :p

Dodge
21/02/2010, 5:15 PM
Richie Baker has signed FOr Crumlin apparently

CSFShels
21/02/2010, 5:41 PM
Would he be on amateur terms there? He definitely could have gotten a contract with a team like Athlone, Longford or Mons based on his performances last season. I'd assumed it was his wages that were proving the stumbling block but this confuses me greatly.

Dodge
21/02/2010, 5:47 PM
He might be getting a couple of quid off them. He also probably doesn't think the wages he'd get at that level would compensate for th extra travelling etc

total hoofball
21/02/2010, 5:51 PM
Would he be on amateur terms there? He definitely could have gotten a contract with a team like Athlone, Longford or Mons based on his performances last season. I'd assumed it was his wages that were proving the stumbling block but this confuses me greatly.

He would be lucky to get €100 a week with those teams at this late stage before the season starts. Crumlin don't pay wages but the fact they are Dublin based, lighter training schedule and no 3 hour journeys down the county for games would be more attractive for him if he wants to continue playing, I think I read in one of the rags that Richie plans to set up his own business.

Martinho II
21/02/2010, 5:57 PM
Richie Baker has signed FOr Crumlin apparently

Its a major surprise for a man of Richies ability that hes with them.. But I suppose in the future when things pick up finanically he could turn out to be a bargain for a future loi side..

total hoofball
21/02/2010, 5:58 PM
Actually just about Baker, him, Ger Rowe and Joe Kendrick played for Drogheda against Athlone yesterday so maybe he's not going to Crumlin afterall

Martinho II
21/02/2010, 6:16 PM
Actually just about Baker, him, Ger Rowe and Joe Kendrick played for Drogheda against Athlone yesterday so maybe he's not going to Crumlin afterall

it sounds interesting that baker and kendrick playin for their old clubs. what was ger rowes last club ?

weecountyman
21/02/2010, 6:46 PM
Has Faz not signed for someone yet? I thought he was up in Dublin.

Dunny
21/02/2010, 6:50 PM
it sounds interesting that baker and kendrick playin for their old clubs. what was ger rowes last club ?

Dundalk

Darkglasses
21/02/2010, 8:30 PM
Has Faz not signed for someone yet? I thought he was up in Dublin.

Him, Greg O'Halloran and (not 100% sure) Cillian Lordan played against the Youths in the friendly last Friday.

weecountyman
21/02/2010, 9:08 PM
Him, Greg O'Halloran and (not 100% sure) Cillian Lordan played against the Youths in the friendly last Friday.

Thanks Darkglasses, I thought he'd gotten a free from Cork, which is why I'd asked.

Raheny Red
23/02/2010, 11:41 AM
Its a major surprise for a man of Richies ability that hes with them.. But I suppose in the future when things pick up finanically he could turn out to be a bargain for a future loi side..

Hahahahaha