PDA

View Full Version : MNS?

Pages : [1] 2

Dunny
19/02/2010, 9:32 PM
Will MNS be broadcast this season or is it gone?

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 9:33 PM
Yup... They were complaining on Twitter about the FAI having 3 matches on a Monday during the second series of games... Leaving MNS with 2 games to fill the hour plus half the audience will be at games...

sligoman
19/02/2010, 9:37 PM
It's going to be at 7pm this season apparently.

mick dundee
19/02/2010, 9:59 PM
it is going ahead i asked someone in oriel today when i was getting my season ticket and they said it will be back as they where in contact with the club

Magicme
19/02/2010, 10:08 PM
go sign up to their facebook page and they will answer all your questions. Like why they were chasing Colin Farrell around RTE? Will Tom be able to clone himself to be at every game and will he bring me the box of chocolates he promised me last year, this year. Fountain of all knowledge they are!

sheao
19/02/2010, 10:43 PM
Hopefully they will be showing first division goals this season !

fionnsci
19/02/2010, 10:48 PM
That's not a question. They won't be.

sheao
19/02/2010, 10:52 PM

Ah well, not to worried about it :D .

thischarmingman
20/02/2010, 2:09 AM
go sign up to their facebook page and they will answer all your questions. Like why they were chasing Colin Farrell around RTE? Will Tom be able to clone himself to be at every game and will he bring me the box of chocolates he promised me last year, this year. Fountain of all knowledge they are!

This.

pól-dcfc
20/02/2010, 2:45 AM

You won't get to see any of the electric new-look local DCFC storming their way to promotion.

CuanaD
20/02/2010, 9:34 AM
Confirms here the 7pm start - first prog on 8th March:
MNS @ RTE (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/)

Sam_Heggy
20/02/2010, 11:01 AM
If the clubs supply good enough quality footage they will be showing first division goals this season. So Im told anywhoo.

Dodge
20/02/2010, 11:58 AM
That new start suits me better

Martinho II
20/02/2010, 6:29 PM
Hopefully they will be showing first division goals this season !

I asked a regular on this forum who works on mns at the match today in coolock and he said no.. I was even sadder when I heard there was no chance of the lovely Jackie Hurley ever coming back as she was lookin fine on the rte late news on two!:(

KR's Post
24/02/2010, 1:55 PM
Hey guys.... Just to ley you's know that a Mr Paul Doolin will be on the first MNS of the season!

razor
24/02/2010, 2:13 PM
That's not a question. They won't be.Its a shame they'll be limiting themselves to viewership within the greater Dublin area and a small piece of Connaught.

Dodge
24/02/2010, 7:33 PM
Its a shame they'll be limiting themselves to viewership within the greater Dublin area and a small piece of Connaught.

Why, do Munsters not want to learn how to improve themselves?

DmanDmythDledge
24/02/2010, 8:36 PM
Its a shame they'll be limiting themselves to viewership within the greater Dublin area and a small piece of Connaught.
Hopefully someday that part of the country will be advanced enough to have televisions.

razor
24/02/2010, 9:05 PM
Why, do Munsters not want to learn how to improve themselves?Of course we do Dodge.
I'm just not sure watching MNS is the way to do it :D

Dodge
24/02/2010, 10:23 PM
Every little helps razor, every little helps... :)

brendy_éire
25/02/2010, 7:24 AM
Hey guys.... Just to ley you's know that a Mr Paul Doolin will be on the first MNS of the season!

Will Roddy be on, do ye know? :)

Martinho II
25/02/2010, 5:40 PM
Will Roddy be on, do ye know? :)

i was told from a poster here that works for mns at our game against Fingal that he defintelys not comin back..

Dunny
25/02/2010, 5:51 PM
Wasnt he f****d off after his wife beater comments?

Martinho II
25/02/2010, 6:01 PM
Wasnt he f****d off after his wife beater comments?

definitely dunny!

juan
03/03/2010, 2:14 AM
That new start suits me better

Clashing with Emmerdale and Corrie. There'll be a few break ups because of this

Magicme
03/03/2010, 11:12 AM
Any woman who would rather watch corrie or emmerdale than MNS deserves to be dumped.

jinxy lilywhite
03/03/2010, 11:29 AM
Any woman who would rather watch corrie or emmerdale than MNS deserves to be dumped.

I think that makes all us males single Magicme.
Thank god for Sky+. i don' get the telly untill after 9pm or sometimes 10 depending on desperate housewives of some other american crap.

Magicme
03/03/2010, 11:36 AM
Thank god for Sky+. i don' get the telly untill after 9pm or sometimes 10 depending on desperate housewives of some other american crap.

Maybe thats what I was hoping for Jinxy! :eek:

I sky+ Eastenders, Desperate Housewives and Dirty Sexy Money to watch after all the football is watched and the kids are in bed. They record Flash Forward and Lost to watch before I come home from work and then there are rarely any rows in our house over tv. That and the fact that we have 5 tv's between 3 of us!

Never was much of a fan of corrie and never could bring myself to watch emmerdale or hollyoaks.

Glad MNS is on earlier now so I dont have to miss/record it for our club meetings.

Sam_Heggy
03/03/2010, 11:37 AM

You gotta be a man about these things, put the foot down and say "Is it ok if I buy another TV for the Kitchen love? Can I also get Sky Multi room in for it?"
If she says no then you just have to tell her who's boss and say "Sorry to disturb you Boss but, (insert friends name here*) is in trouble I need to go and save him, I'll be back in exactly 1hr and 15mins**."
That'll show her.

*nb make sure friend is single with a big screen TV.
**Allow time to get there and back.

Dunny
06/03/2010, 7:27 PM
Derry and Cork to be featured on Monday apparently..

White Horse
06/03/2010, 10:16 PM
Derry and Cork to be featured on Monday apparently..

Glad to hear it.

The lack of coverage of the first division has been a disgrace.

fionnsci
06/03/2010, 11:02 PM
MNS has a budget. A very limited budget at that. With this budget they cover what will to the best of their knowledge attract viewers and so, advertisers. So.....should they cover the games from the highest division with the most fans and media interest? Or should they try and satisfy absolutely everyone despite quite obviously not being able to afford it? Far from a disgrace, just sensible thinking.

sheao
07/03/2010, 1:48 PM
MNS has a budget. A very limited budget at that. With this budget they cover what will to the best of their knowledge attract viewers and so, advertisers. So.....should they cover the games from the highest division with the most fans and media interest? Or should they try and satisfy absolutely everyone despite quite obviously not being able to afford it? Far from a disgrace, just sensible thinking.

To be fair they probably have abudget to stick to which means they canno get cameras to every LOI game in the first division, but there are some well supported clubs in the first division like Cork ,Derry and Shels and so i good proportion of MNS's viewers would support a first division team . This season given the teams that are i the first division there would be some games that would be in much higher demand to watch than UCD v Sporting Fingal who don't have big fanbases .

Dodge
07/03/2010, 2:40 PM
But they're mandated to cover every premier game (rightly so) so they don't have a choice

Next wekend there's only 2/3 premier gams so we'll see what they do then

Candystripe
07/03/2010, 3:25 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that MNS will show highlites from the Derry V Cork game and next week show highlites from Cork V Waterford game. ;)

Remember you heard it here on foot.ieforums first.

Redie
07/03/2010, 4:06 PM
During the closing credits of the match last Friday night the camera zoomed in on a match ball and written on the ball with a pemenent marker were the letters 'shels'. someone's been stealing match balls.

fionnsci
07/03/2010, 4:29 PM
Brian Shelly marks all his footballs.....don't ask.

marinobohs
08/03/2010, 1:55 PM
During the closing credits of the match last Friday night the camera zoomed in on a match ball and written on the ball with a pemenent marker were the letters 'shels'. someone's been stealing match balls.

Saw that watching the TV footage on saturday (at the game friday night). Somebodys "souvenir" of a visit to Tolka Park perhaps ?

passerrby
08/03/2010, 3:31 PM
whims i just tell my wife im watching mns and any more of your lip and you will clean this house yourself

artane-shels
08/03/2010, 5:13 PM
Saw that watching the TV footage on saturday (at the game friday night). Somebodys "souvenir" of a visit to Tolka Park perhaps ?

Ah god. We'll need that back. It's our only fixed asset

Mr A
08/03/2010, 6:37 PM
Holy Crap! Jimmy Magee still isn't dead!

A N Mouse
08/03/2010, 6:39 PM
Holy Crap! Jimmy Magee still isn't dead!

Think you wanted this thread http://foot.ie/threads/132477-Did-you-know...

Boo_Boy
08/03/2010, 6:39 PM
I like the new on screen graphics they added, I don't think they had the starting XI for both teams running along the bottom while they were showing highlights last season either.

The new Cult Heroes feature is cool.

sligored
08/03/2010, 6:49 PM
disaster - i presumed this was on at 8 . no point in watching it now-rte player later

MMVIII
08/03/2010, 6:50 PM
Richie Ryan, not Gary McCabe and visa versa. Well done MNS.

WoodquayBoy
08/03/2010, 6:59 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that MNS will show highlites from the Derry V Cork game and next week show highlites from Cork V Waterford game. ;)

Remember you heard it here on foot.ieforums first.
Didn't see it tonight, so did they??

Boo_Boy
08/03/2010, 7:02 PM
Seeing that hand ball/penalty call in the Shams - Rovers game again I still don't see where the hand ball was.
Would have helped if they discussed it in the studio and showed another slow mo replay.

Onefootednopace
08/03/2010, 7:13 PM
Are city Foras Co-op playing their home games on sunday night at 7.45?? seems very odd

Wrong info on MNS- Home to Waterford Utd on Friday night at 7.45.

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/index.php/team-info/fixtures/

Jicked
08/03/2010, 7:14 PM
Seeing that hand ball/penalty call in the Shams - Rovers game again I still don't see where the hand ball was.
Would have helped if they discussed it in the studio and showed another slow mo replay.

Try this video here and skip forward to 2:25 to see the incident in question: http://www.srfc.tv/blog/

It's in better quality than the MNS one, you can quite clearly the Sligo player at the end of the wall for some reason charges down the free kick by throwing himself at the ball, and waving his arm in the air above his head. If you follow the flight of the ball you can see it 'loops' in the air after it goes by the wall, so it must have struck the outstretched hand. Good spot by the ref, I didn't see it on the night. Also if you look at the reaction of the Sligo player he knew exactly what he'd done and doesn't contest it. Really was a terrible error from him.

Jicked
08/03/2010, 7:47 PM
That's where you are wrong....again. The ref cleary did not see it. It was the Shamrock Tallaght players who saw it, and protested to Buttimer. Anthony then realised Shamrock Tallaght players were protesting and gave the penatly. That's not to say I protest the pentaly, it was clearly a penalty.

Actually if you watch the video above you'll see that Buttimer puts his whistle to his mouth at the time the ball has bounced for the first time and is walking towards the spot, when he does that Shamrock Rovers players have only had time to put their hands in the air in protest. The free was taken on 2.29 in the above video, it's at 2.30 that he puts his whistle to his mouth and start walking. The refereeing in this league is crap, but that's a good bit of refereeing there.