PDA

View Full Version : FAI Annual Report

Soccer Mom
18/02/2010, 10:08 AM
Does the FAI issue an annual report, and if YES, is it available to the public?

Girl in Green
18/02/2010, 11:45 AM
It does indeed it's usually available from end of Apr/May; Annual Reports are the published accounts of the Association and are available to anyone under freedom of information act. Contact FAI Corporate Affairs Department for a copy.

Albatross
18/02/2010, 1:42 PM
Yes the are available but last year they were only issued at the AGM, under Company Law they have to be issued before the meeting to give people time to read them. Typical FAI! If memory serves me right their bank balance went from 20M surplus to 1M surplus in 12 months and there were extraordinary items in the accounts too. The AGM was in Monaghan last year I think around August time, this year its in Wexford.

Soccer Mom
18/02/2010, 3:43 PM
Thanks GiG. I've asked several times using their INFO email address but absolutely no reply. I'll try again.

Soccer Mom
18/02/2010, 3:45 PM
Thanks Albatross. Might just attend that if it's open to the public.

Soccer Mom
25/02/2010, 10:03 AM
It does indeed it's usually available from end of Apr/May; Annual Reports are the published accounts of the Association and are available to anyone under freedom of information act. Contact FAI Corporate Affairs Department for a copy.

Hi Girl in Green.

Just want to clarify the FAI are not covered by the Freedom of Information Act. Got that direct from the FOI themselves but you are right that the annual report can be had by ringing the FAI (01-8999 500) and asking for the Communications Dept. Thanks again

Treaty Gooner
26/02/2010, 9:13 AM
Yes the are available but last year they were only issued at the AGM, under Company Law they have to be issued before the meeting to give people time to read them. Typical FAI! If memory serves me right their bank balance went from 20M surplus to 1M surplus in 12 months and there were extraordinary items in the accounts too. The AGM was in Monaghan last year I think around August time, this year its in Wexford.

New stadium maybe?