PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures

Bray Head
17/02/2010, 10:21 AM
The fixtures have us down for Sunday matches. Hopefully that's not the case. No hope of any support with Sky matches and GAA fixtures.

Roo69
17/02/2010, 11:04 AM
It certianly looks like it....

Can't give out and complain when we self inflict like that, terrible decision IMO. Hopefully im proved wrong.

Grey Boy
17/02/2010, 11:09 AM
Think it's been said elsewhere a few times but Friday night is football night. And the consensus on here seems to be the same. Sundays don't work for lots of reasons mainly other sporting occasions. There is no competition really on Friday nights. Who's coming up with this nonsense.

KK77
17/02/2010, 11:28 AM
Won't suit me at all Sundays but if it's for the good of the club can understand.

peadar1987
17/02/2010, 11:45 AM
If we commit at the beginning of the season to Sunday games, and it doesn't work, out attendance-wise, how difficult is it to cut our losses and go back to Friday mid-season?

Peter (full of confidence in this Sunday game idea!)

Hulsey
17/02/2010, 2:00 PM
Terrible decision. I won't be able to go 90% of the time as I work most Sundays and anyone I asked about it said they prefered Fridays so havn't a bulls notion why the club would change that. Not much point in having a season ticket this season so :mad:

Grasshopper 99
17/02/2010, 2:07 PM
What you see is what you get with the fixtures, i myself might not be able to make it to a lot of games, probably the majority but i might ask for my money back for my season ticket, even though i know the club needs the money. I wonder if what the clubs policy for refunds are, as i know it wont just be myself thinking about it as a lot of the younger lads work or play football on sundays.

Hulsey
17/02/2010, 2:29 PM
What you see is what you get with the fixtures, i myself might not be able to make it to a lot of games, probably the majority but i might ask for my money back for my season ticket, even though i know the club needs the money. I wonder if what the clubs policy for refunds are, as i know it wont just be myself thinking about it as a lot of the younger lads work or play football on sundays.

If enough people were to complain, maybe the club would realise what a stupid decision it was and change it. It isn't realistically going to result in an increase in gates as most (probably Derry and Shels excluded) probably won't bring any more fans than we'd bring to Sligo or Galway. And we'd get a decent Shels crowd on a Friday night. P!ssed of that the club wouldn't at least ask ythe fans their opinion on this before going through with it

Grasshopper 99
17/02/2010, 2:31 PM
maybe get a poll going here, as to should the games be moved back to Friday nights, yes or no, simple

Hulsey
17/02/2010, 3:20 PM
maybe get a poll going here, as to should the games be moved back to Friday nights, yes or no, simple

Good idea, think Superfrank should be able to set that up for us if he has time? (Cheers in advance)

Seagull
17/02/2010, 3:29 PM
The fixtures have us down for Sunday matches. Hopefully that's not the case. No hope of any support with Sky matches and GAA fixtures.

Wicklow League and schoolboy league games on Sundays will take a lot of potential support too, looks like a bad decision alright.

BrayUnknowns
17/02/2010, 3:40 PM
Sunday afternoons? FFS!

It was tried before and did not work, things are even worse this time around so it will not work as far as trying to attract bigget crowds. Now the only reason why the club must be looking to do this is to save on costs.... which if it is the case then i think we have serious serious problems ahead for the club.

I really feel that as supporters of the club and as the ones to buy season tickets, merchandise and tickets for drawes etc.. the club should listen to us on this one. The club needs to know how we feel. I'll be e-mailing them in the nicest possible manner to air my views on the subject, i think the more people that do this the better - carlisegrounds@eircom.net

Hulsey
17/02/2010, 3:58 PM
Sunday afternoons? FFS!

It was tried before and did not work, things are even worse this time around so it will not work as far as trying to attract bigget crowds. Now the only reason why the club must be looking to do this is to save on costs.... which if it is the case then i think we have serious serious problems ahead for the club.

I really feel that as supporters of the club and as the ones to buy season tickets, merchandise and tickets for drawes etc.. the club should listen to us on this one. The club needs to know how we feel. I'll be e-mailing them in the nicest possible manner to air my views on the subject, i think the more people that do this the better - carlisegrounds@eircom.net

Good idea BrayUnknowns, Maybe if when the poll is set up people can leave a message saying why they voted either for or against so the club can see the reasoning behind how the fans think.

Grasshopper 99
17/02/2010, 4:24 PM
Sunday afternoons? FFS!

Bray played for over 20 years in the league with out lights and it did work, until sky came in with therer foreign football being shown live on tv. need a poll and a pedition or something alright, but then again the Great Fai, with thier heads up there asses unable to do anything right might do something right and kick Cork out once and for all, then the fixtures will all be moved back to Friday as the Fai dont want prem matchs played on a sunday, due to live foreign ball on sky and Gaa matchs on rte, so bring on monday.

Green&whitearmy
17/02/2010, 5:41 PM
If they stick to this it will be a complete joke, it will never work, everyone knows we play on a friday, most people do things on sundays with family etc. I will be emailing the club about this issue and as well ask about refunds on season tickets as I will not be able to attend most games... This is possibly the worst idea ever, if we have been so loyal to the club over the last so many years, why cant they be loyal to us as well...

Hulsey
17/02/2010, 8:11 PM
If they stick to this it will be a complete joke, it will never work, everyone knows we play on a friday, most people do things on sundays with family etc. I will be emailing the club about this issue and as well ask about refunds on season tickets as I will not be able to attend most games... This is possibly the worst idea ever, if we have been so loyal to the club over the last so many years, why cant they be loyal to us as well...

Bang on there. Only reason I can think of that the club is trying to implement the change is they are hoping more away fans travel to the games, but why not suit your own fans who support the club rather than away fans who might decide to come on a sunday if the weathers nice. Wouldn't have minded so much if this had have been put to the supporters and the majority liked the idea and before people decided to purchase a season ticket. Its blatently obvious from the above not one person wants it this way. I can see attendances suffering rather than prospering with this decision.

naoise kennedy
17/02/2010, 8:14 PM
press release on bray web site,, fair play jack get the ball rolling...

Hulsey
17/02/2010, 8:18 PM
Bray played for over 20 years in the league with out lights and it did work, until sky came in with therer foreign football being shown live on tv. need a poll and a pedition or something alright, but then again the Great Fai, with thier heads up there asses unable to do anything right might do something right and kick Cork out once and for all, then the fixtures will all be moved back to Friday as the Fai dont want prem matchs played on a sunday, due to live foreign ball on sky and Gaa matchs on rte, so bring on monday.

Grasshopper we all know that the people at Fcuk All Integrity are going to bend over nicely for Cork, as if they were going to do anything they'd have done something to those cheats long ago. Funny after all the rubbish they spewed about how in the interest of fair play France should have re-played the play-off, that now they have a chance to display an example in fair play and are only showing themselves up to be the hypocrites we knew they were all along

mightyseagull
17/02/2010, 8:27 PM
Decision made, I wont be purchasing a season ticket this year. Its an absolute joke changing to sunday, no point mentioning them again as there all mentioned above but all i can say is thank god i have not bought my season ticket yet

rathdrumgull
17/02/2010, 9:19 PM
Bad decision having games on a sunday,most lads i know who support bray down here play for their own clubs on a sunday.

connaman
18/02/2010, 2:29 AM
Most ridiculous thing i have ever heard they will lose most of their fans if they move games to sunday, wasn't there a survey a few years ago and all the fans voted for friday night games

Grey Boy
18/02/2010, 7:49 AM
I rang the club to renew my season ticket yesterday and asked about Sundays and was told that she knew nothing about it. I asked her to complain to whoever made the decision. On the point of season tickets they are cheap enough, if people can afford them I think they should buy them. In the last 2 seasons I've only got to 8 or 9 games (total for 2 years) for various reasons but I will still always buy a season ticket. This is a big mistake by the club. Friday night is definitely the right night for everyone on here and lets face it we are the serious core fans. I'm assuming the logic is that we will be a first division side firstly and that they want to tap into away support from Derry and Shels. The problem is it's at the behest of our own fans. The sporting competition on TV alone is enough reason to reverse this decision. Everyone on here needs to e-mail the club to ask them to reverse it and maybe refer them to this site.

Grasshopper 99
18/02/2010, 8:21 AM
Everbody so far that has commented on this page has disagreed with the change of day for matches, is there any way we can try get the games back? Anyone start a pedition on facebook, bebo etc yet, or do we walk around the town of Bray with lots of paper and ask people if they are fans to ask for there signature? Maybe ask people at the pats friendly on monday?

Anyone got any more suggestions?

Grey Boy
18/02/2010, 9:11 AM
Everbody so far that has commented on this page has disagreed with the change of day for matches, is there any way we can try get the games back? Anyone start a pedition on facebook, bebo etc yet, or do we walk around the town of Bray with lots of paper and ask people if they are fans to ask for there signature? Maybe ask people at the pats friendly on monday?

Anyone got any more suggestions?

I think Hulseys suggestion about e-mailing the club would be a start. I've already done it expressing my opinions. I'd like to think that they would bend to majority opinion. I also refered them to this forum.

Grasshopper 99
18/02/2010, 10:58 AM
I think Hulseys suggestion about e-mailing the club would be a start. I've already done it expressing my opinions. I'd like to think that they would bend to majority opinion. I also refered them to this forum.

But the question is will you get a responce from them? They will read it alright but thats probably all that will happen.

Grey Boy
18/02/2010, 4:54 PM
But the question is will you get a responce from them? They will read it alright but thats probably all that will happen.

I don't even know if they'll read it but if I/we say nothing then there is no possibility of anything happening.

Grasshopper 99
19/02/2010, 8:19 AM
All we can do for now is wait till 12 noon today to hear about the take over then possibly close of business on monday to hear the final story, hopefully the right thing is done with regards to Cork city and our fixtures.

centre mid
19/02/2010, 8:22 AM
Was it not done to save money, floodlights are expensive to run! Sunday is more family friendly also.

Grey Boy
19/02/2010, 8:52 AM
Was it not done to save money, floodlights are expensive to run! Sunday is more family friendly also.

Still no point in saving on floodlight costs if you're going to have nobody at the games.

Grasshopper 99
19/02/2010, 9:23 AM
Still no point in saving on floodlight costs if you're going to have nobody at the games.

But they would save money if nobody was there on a friday with the lights on compared to no one there and no lights on on a sunday

lowflyingseagul
19/02/2010, 9:27 AM
But they would save money if nobody was there on a friday with the lights on compared to no one there and no lights on on a sunday
well it looks like it could be the premier league if the news about corks take over are true. debts now thought to be close to €900,000

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/cork-debts-close-to-8364900k-2068474.html

Grasshopper 99
19/02/2010, 9:41 AM
Hopefully so

Grey Boy
19/02/2010, 10:11 AM

Is this not the point people are trying to make. Fridays or Sundays?. I think we need a poll. As has been said before though lets hope it's Friday in the premier.

rocket
19/02/2010, 10:30 AM
Friday night premier starting to look a real possibility

Hulsey
19/02/2010, 12:45 PM

The club has exhausted the family angle before and other than an afternoon with good weather, playing a bohs or rovers and no other sport on the box they won't come out anyway. The club should be trying to suit the fans who turn up year after year regardless of weather, opposition and league position. If Sunday games do go ahead it could be a very quiet ground this year

Grasshopper 99
19/02/2010, 2:39 PM
The club has exhausted the family angle before and other than an afternoon with good weather, playing a bohs or rovers and no other sport on the box they won't come out anyway. The club should be trying to suit the fans who turn up year after year regardless of weather, opposition and league position. If Sunday games do go ahead it could be a very quiet ground this year

Agree 100per cent

mightyseagull
19/02/2010, 9:31 PM

Couldnt agree more

naoise kennedy
19/02/2010, 9:42 PM
looks like the cork deal has fallen through and they have applied for a first division licence...

awec
21/02/2010, 12:15 PM
So are Bray definitely in the first division now?

It's not very clear, the FAI could give the IFA a run for their money ffs.

peadar1987
21/02/2010, 11:24 PM
So are Bray definitely in the first division now?

It's not very clear, the FAI could give the IFA a run for their money ffs.

We will definitely be in the first division. Or the premier division. Or neither. And that's as much as anyone in the world could tell you at the moment!

rathdrumgull
22/02/2010, 9:54 PM
http://www.fai.ie

according to this cork have been refused a premier licence so that means bray are in premier for this season

Grasshopper 99
23/02/2010, 8:22 AM
We will definitely be in the first division. Or the premier division. Or neither. And that's as much as anyone in the world could tell you at the moment!

Friday night is back on, no need to worry about sundays anymore

shep
23/02/2010, 9:09 AM
Do any of you know where we are playing you 1st game of season...some of our fans saying home...some saying away

Grasshopper 99
23/02/2010, 9:14 AM
well you would assume the fai will do it the easy way and just replace Cork with ourselves, so that would mean we will be at home in the Carlisle, but stranger things have happened with the fai, they will probably bring out 2 new set of fixtures now or something.