PDA

View Full Version : bohs match

naoise kennedy
17/02/2010, 7:33 AM
Not a great final result , but on the positive, shane took his two goals very well especially the second, we did have some nice passing movements when it was 3-2. The other shane in central defense for the second half looked very promising as again did james kavanagh.. doyler on the right and philly had some tricky moments but again were not all that bad,,

Bohs went through a ten minute spell and got 3-4 goals, the true class came through in the end.. not the end of the world...

rocket
17/02/2010, 8:39 AM
Final score a bit harsh on the lads. Lost our shape with the changes mid way through second half. The defending for the corners was poor, but some good indivudal performances,o'neill up front was causing them all sorts of problems, and its good to see them hitting the back of the against a good defence.

Roo69
17/02/2010, 8:44 AM
I know it was a pre season, but **** me Bohs were absolutely superb ! they actually should have been in double figures but it was a good work out and when we pulled it back to 2-3 we looked like we were going to equalise. The last 15 minutes and with our subs Bohs just romped home.

Young O'Neill really has to start the next game, he has blistering pace, left the Bohs defence for dead for his first goal.

centre mid
17/02/2010, 9:27 AM
Shane O Neill showed some flashes last season so it will be interesting to see how he gets on, from what I can remember he could do with bulking up.

peadar1987
17/02/2010, 10:58 AM
Shane O Neill showed some flashes last season so it will be interesting to see how he gets on, from what I can remember he could do with bulking up.

Looked like a great player against Galway last season, but never really got a chance before he got injured. He's a Bray lad, isn't he?

I can't decide if I want Bohs to reach the Champions League group stages this season. On one hand, great for the image of the league, but on the other hand, it'll convince more clubs that it's worthwhile running the risk Cork (and Bohs themselves) did.

Roo69
17/02/2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah he is from little Bray AFAIK

rocket
17/02/2010, 12:20 PM
watched oneill against Dundalk last Saturday ,had a good game and scored a great goal.

rathdrumgull
18/02/2010, 9:41 PM
two well taken goals by shane o'neill ,if he can bulk up a bit he will be a hell of a player, good performances by some other players as well (james kavanagh, daire doyle, philly knight and the other shane who played at the back in second half) the one thing i am afraid of is the men between the sticks? as a former member of the goalkeepers union i thought that both of them are quite capable but i dont think that they are up to league of ireland standard.